HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Terrance Newman, CB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Terrance Newman, CB
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 05, 2013 04:15AM

Any interest? He is a FA this year.

He had a +8.6 rating per PFF. That's worlds better than ANY CB we had in 2012. Sean Smith was -3.5.

In 15 games, Newman had 52 tackles, 2 int's, 10 PD's, 1 FF and 2 FR.

Newman is 34 years old and 35 in September. He is the 3rd ranked CB in FA. (1st is Adam Jones +11.1, who seems to have finally grown up)

He was scouted by Ireland and drafted by the Cowboys. He played for and excelled under Kevin Coyle and is a good fit in zone coverage.

Interest in Newman or PacMan? Both former Koyle players.

I was thinking it may be nice to have a vet back there if we can draft a rookie CB and then keep the winner between Patterson and Marshall at nickle. I also like Brian McCann who had a +1.3 grade.

Maybe Newman could even move to FS.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terrance Newman, CB
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 05, 2013 07:56AM

Sounds like a possibility. I'd certainly take him over PacMan!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 05, 2013 08:02AM

I have seen interviews with Adam. He seems like he finally get's it. He has removed the losers in his life (or they are dead) and is concentrating on football. It was a topic of many stories last year. I would have no problem taking a look at him. He is playing great. He even spoke at the rookie symposium. He made 900k last year and owes 11 million for his loss of the civil suite.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 05, 2013 11:46AM

A leopard cannot change its spots. Thus, I don't think Philbin would want Jones on his roster.

Newman is pretty old for a DB. It's possible he could be moved to safety, but what contract demands would he be asking for?

If both, or at least one of them, would sign a decent contract with incentives, then I would say bring them in.

My personal opinion is for Philbin to have a couple hundred players on the field during spring training, then go from there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.