Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Okay, So what's his future in the Draft?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Okay, So what's his future in the Draft?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 17, 2013 10:13AM

Poll
25 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Where, if at all, will Teo be drafted?

Manny Teo or what ever his name is?

Everybody is mandated to participate in the poll (LOL).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Okay, So what's his future in the Draft?
Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: January 17, 2013 11:16AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 17, 2013 01:06PM

Let's see:

- He isn't taking drugs
- He isn't breaking the law
- He isn't injury prone

Any NFL club that drops his value because of this is just stupid.

Date: January 17, 2013 01:09PM

Just to play the devil's advocate, Montequi, I ask at the end of your post "....Even if he is a head case as shown by this incident?"

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 17, 2013 01:18PM

As I heard a report from twitter today...after talking to some NFL executives, We can deal with criminals but if a guy lies to me we take him off our board....

Integrity in just about every aspect of life is important, it speaks of your character....If at the end of all this story, his integrity is damaged, his value will drop IMO..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: January 17, 2013 01:21PM

Which is why I can't answer your poll question yet, because the story and all the facts have not played out, so it is hard to tell how much it will effect his draft status in 4 months...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 17, 2013 01:52PM

Maybe I haven't been following this story very closely, but I just don't understand the hub-bub.

What is the big deal in what happened? Who did he hurt (if he lied about this)?

I understand character issues in the NFL, and I understand with the position he plays that character and leadership are very important. But, he gets out on that field and busts his butt and leads the way, who the hell is going to remember this stupid incident?

If that is the case and the teams don't draft him early because of it, then Miami may have a good shot at taking him in the second round. However, I still say he goes early, and if he doesn't, he won't get past pick 15.

Date: January 17, 2013 02:04PM

Date: January 17, 2013 04:21PM

I just don't see this as a character thing. He didn't beat his girlfriend. He didn't lie about an injury. He's misguided. I still say he's hiding something personal. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he's gay...which has no bearing on his draft value whatsoever.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: January 17, 2013 04:49PM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just don't see this as a character thing. He
> didn't beat his girlfriend. He didn't lie about
> an injury. He's misguided. I still say he's
> hiding something personal. I wouldn't be
> surprised if it comes out that he's gay...which
> has no bearing on his draft value whatsoever.

Being Gay may not but Alabama running through him like water through a colander should.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 17, 2013 05:38PM

I'd be worried he'd always bite on the play-action fake and naked boots.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 17, 2013 05:52PM

he's good at covering the tight end. hey-oo!

Date: January 18, 2013 02:11AM

A guy that can't be honest with the team and himself is not a guy you want on your team.. If people that need to trust him can't trust him , you have a problem... He went and gave interviews after he knew she wasn't dead, still playing up the story in dramatic fashion, even though he already knew it be completely untrue by admission of ND AD... That means you are psychotic.. I would take the guy off my board... Also if he didn't know the whole time which I question, what kind of judgement does it show that you believed such wacky lies.. I think he was in on it the whole time and has serious issues mentally... The stories he told, none of them add up... This love of his life as he told reporters almost died in comas after being hit by drunk driver, is diagnosed with leukemia, flat lines, her father dies all in a few months, you never go see her once? And then she dies, the love of your life as you bragged to reporters and you don't even attend the funeral... Horse shit lieing scumbag who doesn't deserve a shot in the NFL.. If you guys don't have a problem with his character, I am not sure what to say...

Nietzsche

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 18, 2013 04:30AM

montequi Wrote:
> I just don't see this as a character thing. He
> didn't beat his girlfriend. He didn't lie about
> an injury. He's misguided. I still say he's
> hiding something personal. I wouldn't be
> surprised if it comes out that he's gay...which
> has no bearing on his draft value whatsoever.

I agree with you...unless more details are revealed later that prove otherwise.

The sports press/media quite often lie, misrepresent the truth and athletes' careers are affected because of it. Here's a guy who (intentionally or not) was the center of a massive media hoax, and I think that's kind of funny that reporters ran with a story for a long time without checking the facts.

In today's media world it's all about who broke the story, who tweeted about it first, and nobody bothers to check out the facts. A star player's girlfriend dies--that's a BIG story. They can't even verify it? That's what reporters are SUPPOSED to do.

Date: January 18, 2013 04:50AM

Date: January 18, 2013 04:54AM

what a stupid story to make up. she flatlines twice? she is in a coma and is unresponsive except when she hears his voice she breathes quicker and her heart rate speeds up? sounds like something a 10 year old would make up. this story is so unbelievable it would be written about in medical journals. yet no one thought to probe a little deeper and hell, maybe try to interview one of the doctors in this amazing medical miracle?

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 18, 2013 05:12AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> what a stupid story to make up. she flatlines
> twice? she is in a coma and is unresponsive except
> when she hears his voice she breathes quicker and
> her heart rate speeds up? sounds like something a
> 10 year old would make up. this story is so
> unbelievable it would be written about in medical
> journals. yet no one thought to probe a little
> deeper and hell, maybe try to interview one of the
> doctors in this amazing medical miracle?

As absurd as all this sounds...if you accept the premise that Te'o is telling the truth, or it proves out to be that he was, the interview segment Crowder posted makes sense when you consider the events he's describing were given to him by people on the other end of the phone. If, and its HUGE "if" at this point, he was being suckered/hustled/catfished then all that makes some sense.

The reason I think he's lying through is teeth is that he said all that happened when he was flying home (to Hawaii) from South Bend.

If the "love of your life" was in a coma, dying in a hospital in California and you were going home for summer break, how in the hell do you not stop and say goodbye?

Date: January 18, 2013 06:12AM

Just in that little part alone, is alot of nonsense, as Truth said and I said above he never went to see her. His girlfirend is in a coma, and he doesnt know what her injuries are for why she is in a coma. He talks about flatline twice, and then in the same breath pulling the plug on her... If she flatlined twice that means they had to fight to bring her back but you also want to pull the plug... The whole thing is nonsense.... So she could have died naturally twice but now they want to pull the plug..... And this was before the luekemia was even diagnosed according to Teo.... WTF?

Nietzsche

Date: January 18, 2013 06:18AM

girlfriend in a coma, I know, I know it's serious

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 18, 2013 06:31AM

I agree with Crowder, this nonsense raises major "red flags" to me.......pass

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 18, 2013 09:15AM

Date: January 18, 2013 09:36AM

Okay, I'll reveal I was the one 3rd to 6th round vote. I had to fight off, being the sole undrafted voted.

I also posted that given this online world, to me it was believable that he was a dupe.

But I did not know as much as Crowder quotes above.

Now, I am tempted to change to undrafted free agent.

If it was a case of just one or two, it would be a different thing.

I'd probably be able to judge in draft terms a guy who told a little lie that was believable but just got caught. I'd diagnose a minor honesty problem, result 2nd round.

I'd probably be able to judge in draft terms a guy who was a little stupid or was a little squirrelly and either should have known better or told a one time fantasy that he had a girl who died and say, well 2nd round.

But this guy is either a pathological liar or is nearly totally out of touch with reality, either the sixth round or free agency.

But beyond all this is not only the question of what YOU WOULD DO IN CONSIDERING HIM IN THE DRAFT....because that's really not my question.

My question is how far he will fall.....despite the win at all costs NFL philosophy, I say 3rd to 6th if not undrafted.

Date: January 18, 2013 09:44AM

No way he drops out of the 1st round. He won't get past the Pats, at worst. Hell we may take him at #12

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 18, 2013 09:56AM

Not likely with 14.275 mil already tied up in Barnett and Dansby. That's 7.15 mil in dead cap space between the two to release them.

We have too many other pressing needs.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 18, 2013 10:16AM

berk, you tempt me to violate certain interstate gambling laws.

Date: January 18, 2013 10:30AM

I think depending on how this whole thing plays out he could drop out of the 1st maybe even farther.. If I was the phins I wouldn't take him most likely not at all but definitely not in the first 3 rds... To me the kid was in on it, and I am sure we will hear a vigorous well paid for and thought out PR campaign in an attempt to protect his value and status... For example it already came out this morning that the fact he kept lieing for 20 days to the media after admittedly knowing about the scam was to protect his team from distractions leading up to the BCS... The lies we're all for the team so he kept playing along with the media for them...lol... His agent Tom Condon is running the show now, I am sure he already has a lot of money on the line upfront to the kid and it should be quite a show..

Nietzsche

Date: January 18, 2013 10:41AM

Good points, Crowder.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: January 18, 2013 10:47AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> he's good at covering the tight end. hey-oo!

He probably likes to watch old re-matches between the Oilers and the Packers!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 18, 2013 07:25PM

he is doing major damage control trying to find which story hurts him the least

He was duped - Watch the wunderlich scores, dump as a rock? if he scores good, how he was duped will be questioned

Was involved - A lier, credibility hit

out of the closet- First signed to come out?

I heard this has impacted him so much he is thinking of changing his name to Milli Vanilli

Date: January 19, 2013 03:00AM

eesti Wrote:
> Not likely with 14.275 mil already tied up in
> Barnett and Dansby. That's 7.15 mil in dead cap
> space between the two to release them.
>
> We have too many other pressing needs.

I don't understand. Barnett plays OLB, and that's also Dansby's natural position. Te'o is a true MLB...which we currently lack.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.