HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mel Kipers Mock
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Mel Kipers Mock
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 17, 2013 03:14AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mel Kipers Mock
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 17, 2013 04:31AM

I hope we do our WR shopping in FA and not in the first round. I am OK spending a 2d and/or 3d on a WR but with few exceptions, 1st round WRs don't do much their first seasons (and there doesn't seem to be a Megatron or AJ Green or J Jones in the draft this year). We need immediate impact with our #1 so I'd rather take another position and not a WR merely bc we couldn't get a good one in FA

Date: January 17, 2013 05:32AM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 17, 2013 06:00AM

As we've discussed before eesti... I'm with you on getting at least one WR in FA. It was obvious that Wallace and Jennings weren't getting tagged. The only issue is if they work out long term deals with their current teams. Perhaps Jennings might but Wallace would have already if he wanted to.

As for kipers mock, Patterson is an interesting prospect. I hadn't see him play before and I'm not sold on his route running or hands, most of the clips of him I saw were kick returns.

But his run after catch skills are excellent.

I could live with a pick like that if he proves to be a good fit for the west coast offense and if we failed to land a WR in free agency.

Date: January 17, 2013 08:05AM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 17, 2013 08:37AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 17, 2013 11:22AM

The one thing that disturbs me about this guy is that of all the praises Kiper sings about him, I don't see the word "speed" in there at all.

THAT'S WHAT WE NEED in a wide receiver. Breakaway speed.

Dolphaholic, you were right. If I ever was a Kiper Kool-Aid Drinkers, I'm going sober.

Yes, a young QB like Tannehill needs a guy who won't drop the ball but you can't do it on catching ability alone. Even in college the DBacks are so good that they hang on you like a cheap suit. Not much chance to catch a ball with perfect coverage.

But if you have a blowaway speed receiver, there are only two questions, 1) will the QB make the perfect throw and 2) will the receiver catch the ball.

That's what we need. Not another possession receiver guy because for Christ's Sake, we already have two, Bess and Hartline.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 17, 2013 02:04PM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: January 17, 2013 04:18PM

T'eo at 8 ??? lol. I agree about FA WR. Don't want Milner at 12 either but not sure where that leaves us... What does everyone think of Eddie Lacy? Probably not at 12 but in the second (may have to trade up a little). He looks pretty awesome to me.

Date: January 18, 2013 03:26AM

IMO, we have way to many bigger needs at OG, OT, WR, DT, WR, TE, CB, DE, FS to be spending second round draft picks on running backs. Especially when we just spent the 2nd pick in the 4th round on Lamar Miller. I think he will be a stud with another off season under his belt.

Some of those positions are basically empty....FS, WR, RT, TE.

We have to fill holes for the players that leave in FA and where they don't have a legitimate backup. That's 13 starters. There is plenty of opportunity to take BPA and still fill a huge need.

I think Milliner is long gone before 12 anyway but going into next year with two FA WR's (Wallace & Hartline) and a blue chip CB is not a bad way to start. That's two huge holes filled. It all depends on how much value you place on Milliner and who we can sign as a WR.

Were you wanting a WR @ 12 or ?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 18, 2013 05:12AM

doesn't sound like there is a WR worth taking at 12

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 18, 2013 06:25AM

As bad as we all want to upgrade the offense, I don't see any skilled "O" players being worth the #12 pick, looks like we take a big ugly again, or we trade down and grab a WR/TE later in the first........or we go "D", i'd be sh.ttin cotton candy if Milliner fell to us

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 19, 2013 03:04AM

If long leaves Will Yeatman will play tackle for this team next year, and he will be a very good line man is this league.

Date: January 19, 2013 08:23AM

Date: January 19, 2013 08:25AM

So I always listen to those guys but if my eyes tell me different, I don't waste a micro-second on changing my opinion just because they don't like my guy.

Date: January 19, 2013 09:36AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As bad as we all want to upgrade the offense, I
> don't see any skilled "O" players being worth the
> #12 pick, looks like we take a big ugly again, or
> we trade down and grab a WR/TE later in the
> first........or we go "D", i'd be sh.ttin cotton
> candy if Milliner fell to us

Our best shot will be if a few teams reach for a QB and/or a blue chipper falls to 12 that some other team behind us is in love with....then maybe we can trade down.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dougb123 ()
Date: January 19, 2013 12:01PM

Keenan Allen is a perfect fit for us and the west coast offense and should our pick at 12.

Just like Jennings is a better fit for us, more so than Bowe or
Wallace.

(1st)2nd Take one of the TE either if available Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz

With our (2nd)2nd round pick take a chance and draft WR Da'Rick Rogers- would of had a 1st round grade and started above Peterson while he was at Tennessee before he got himself into trouble.

That fixes our lack of skill players on offense and also allows them to all to grow together.

Running 4 wide with Allen, Jennings, Rogers, Hartline someone is going to be open - these playoff teams our scoring 30+ points these player would let us compete.

Date: January 21, 2013 09:09AM

Date: January 21, 2013 09:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.