HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          For Dolphaholic
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
For Dolphaholic
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 23, 2012 12:14PM

My postion on Tannehill- I think there are Qb's in the league that will succeed no matter who is around them. That I identify as studs. I think Andrew Luck, RG3 , Russell WIlson, Cam Newton even (Chad Pennington while in MIA) are those type of guys.... I think there are also Qb's who can thrive if in the right system and with the right Talent around them and good defense... I think so far RT probably deserves to falls into that category...
Alot of the concerns I had about Tannehill coming out of college are still there but some have faded... Am I confident that the Ireland/Philbin/Tannehill combination is going to lead us to the promise land. No I am not....Am I concerned that many experts, even Gil Brandt think RT has issues with his low delivery point, yes. Am I concerned with up and down play as the offense stalls under his command, yes I am... Do I think he is a bust, no. I think he is young, raw, and so much of his development is still unknown...I will feel much better if he is able to finish the season with more TD's then interceptions and a .500 record. But even if we finish 7-9 and he finishes with more TD's then interceptions I will think his rookie year was not bad from what I expected from a raw QB with such few starts. Does that mean i am confdent of his success or that he will have his jersey retired one day...No, I think that is absoultely ridiculous talk which is unfair to Tannehill.... I am hoping that the development that is yet to happen will go in a positive direction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Dolphaholic
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2012 12:26PM

You'll make a good politician one day.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 23, 2012 12:43PM

If he can ever get accurate and quick locking on receivers he might be decent.

Yet again he missed a wide receiver open deep for that would have been a TD

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 23, 2012 02:17PM

I saw more dumb mistakes today from not only Ben Roth.. but from Andy Dalton and Ryan Fitz than from Tannehill. I've been watching Tannehill and one of the things I love about him is that he learns. He learns, he learns, he learns. He hardly ever makes the same mistake twice. Moreover, he grows. He grows, he grows, he grows.

He is becoming better and better game by game.

I just don't agree with some of you guys.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 23, 2012 03:33PM

Sounds like the woes from fans sick of another sh*t season

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 24, 2012 06:54AM

4th straight game without an interception. Over the last 3 games, 5 TD's. 0 int's.

He is getting better every week.

It's hard to identify the difference between what I saw in RT that I didn't see in Chad Henne but I believe it us just POISE. Tannehill has it.

I can't wait to see what he can do with a top WR. Throw in a top TE and we may just have an explosive offense.

If Egnew turns the corner this off season, how good of a draft was this? I also like Rashard Mathews. I want to see more of him but he doesn't have the elite speed we need.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 24, 2012 08:09AM

Correct! The kind of poise that WOULD HAVE LED HIM TO NOT HAVE, LIKE Ben Rothelisber, throw that damn interception that took us out of the playoffs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2012 08:11AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 24, 2012 09:21AM

Get him some decent weapons and let see

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.