HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Again, No Offense!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Again, No Offense!
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 25, 2012 10:11AM

I keep hearing that Tannehill doesn't have enough weapons to be effective. I think this is a weak argument as Tannehill hasn't used the weapons available to him. Throw deep to Mathews! Use Fasano, who got open early! Clay has caught two, use him more! MOVE THE TEAM! Take some pressure off the defense (who, I admit, need to get some turnovers)! Or else, bring in Matt Moore.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Again, No Offense!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 25, 2012 10:25AM

Is that him or the playcalling?

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 25, 2012 10:28AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I keep hearing that Tannehill doesn't have enough
> weapons to be effective. I think this is a weak
> argument as Tannehill hasn't used the weapons
> available to him. Throw deep to Mathews! Use
> Fasano, who got open early! Clay has caught two,
> use him more! MOVE THE TEAM! Take some pressure
> off the defense (who, I admit, need to get some
> turnovers)! Or else, bring in Matt Moore.

Still waiting for you to list a "weapon"...

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 25, 2012 10:31AM

Reggie bush , Fasano, Bess , Hartline and Charles Clay are all weapons..... You act like he is out there with high school players...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 25, 2012 10:40AM

Date: November 25, 2012 10:41AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Reggie bush , Fasano, Bess , Hartline and Charles
> Clay are all weapons..... You act like he is out
> there with high school players...

Not high school players. But not NFL weapons either. There isn't one guy on that list that keeps defensive coordinators up at night or who they HAVE to scheme to eliminate.

Sure they are weapons.

So is a rock.

But that rock isn't going to help you a heck of a lot if the the other guy has a gun now is it?

Bush is the only guy on that list with anything resembling an elite skill set and he's got major holes in his game and he's been invisible for over 6 weeks.

When it comes to "weapons"... Tannehill has a bag of rocks to fight with. Now you can win a fight with a bag of rocks, but your margin for error is very very small.

Even so...this isn't about Tannehill. Its about our "weapons"...or lack thereof.

Expecting fireworks on offense with limited "weapons" is just silly no matter who the QB is.

Heck, Moore and Henne couldn't win with these weapons AND Brandon Marshall.

So lets be realistic about this...ok?

Date: November 25, 2012 10:48AM

Let's be realistic about the coaching screwing up the few weapons we have.

Otherwise how do we stay SO CLOSE in all but two of our games.

Date: November 25, 2012 11:07AM

Or you could say that Hartline , Bess, Fasano, Bush and Clay, have a rock distributing the ball, who seems very inconsistent.. It sure seemed like a rock threw that first interception on a bad pass or bad read...on the contrary, It sure seemed to me the bag of rocks you talk about sure got wide open a lot today and made finger tip catches....

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: November 25, 2012 11:09AM

If you cannot see the weapons that we do have on this team, you are being willfully blind, because the talent is there for all to see.

Rick

Date: November 25, 2012 11:09AM

really? you're gonna bash RT today? Typical.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 25, 2012 11:10AM

The wheel route to Charles Clay was 'rock' solid

Date: November 25, 2012 11:11AM

The offense was pretty good today against a very good defense. We have to shore up the ST's coverage unit. Two Td's in two weeks!

.....................................................................................

Date: November 25, 2012 11:12AM

"Realistic" doesn't seem to be a concept you have any familarity with.

Rick

Date: November 25, 2012 11:17AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Or you could say that Hartline , Bess, Fasano,
> Bush and Clay, have a rock distributing the ball,
> who seems very inconsistent.. It sure seemed like
> a rock threw that first interception on a bad pass
> or bad read...on the contrary, It sure seemed to
> me the bag of rocks you talk about sure got wide
> open a lot today and made finger tip catches....

You could say that...but only if you have an agenda to bash Tannehill.

Tannehill doesn't block for Bush.

And the other guys are having CAREER years with Tannehill after playing like rocks for Moore and Henne the past few years.

Yeah...you could say what you said...but then you'd be DolphinKing.

Again...the only guy who could even be considered a "weapon" is Bush.

Everyone else is a complimentary piece.

Tannehill may or may not be a weapon. He's a rookie and that will play itself out over the next few years. But he is the ONE guy outside of Reggie Bush who has an elite skill set.

We'll see if he lives up to it or not, but that in no way shape or form changes the fact that he has fewer "weapons" to work with than any QB, certainly any rookie QB, in the league.

Date: November 25, 2012 11:17AM

I don't agree with this. If you watch the game film of the Tennessee game, its clear that the players were put in positions to make plays, they just didn't make them. If the coaches put the players where they need to be- time after time after time- and they don't make the play, that's NOT coaching.

Rick

Date: November 25, 2012 11:22AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> "Realistic" doesn't seem to be a concept you have
> any familarity with.

Ha!

With all due respect Rick, you are the guy who was upset that the fearsome "weapons" we have on offense were being held back by Tannehill. The same "weapons" that produced 6 and 7 wins over the previous two seasons with two different veteran QB's. One of whom you were suggesting should be playing now.

'Reality' is probably a subject you should steer clear of for a while, at least until the game day emotions subside.

Date: November 25, 2012 11:22AM

"Everyone else is a complimentary piece." Yes, that is correct. Their job is to compliment Tannehill, and, by your own admission, they are that.

Rick

Date: November 25, 2012 11:24AM

I get it, if Rt does poorly it is because of the oline or lack of weapons, when he does well, it is all him succeeding with inferior players around him... A win win position, quite clever, if you are foolish enough to believe the Bs some of you spew....

Nietzsche

Date: November 25, 2012 11:30AM

You have misquoted my post, but I will resume this conversation later in the week. You might be right about the game day emotions.

Rick

If you notice that when the REST of the offense plays up to potential, we win.

Reggie Bush, Daniel Thomas, The O-line. Charles Clay finally has a good game and catches a TD. Bess steps ups when Hartline is covered. Imagine if he didn't fall down after every catch.

One thing is for certain. Our make shift starting WR's are going to have career years with Tannehill under center. Bess is on pace for 1,040 yards and Hartline on pace for 1,160 yards.

So basically RT has turned Hartline and Bess into Brandon Marshall type production. Those were the kind of numbers BM put up with Henne/Moore at QB. I guess it is true that a good QB makes the WR's better.

When was the last time we had TWO 1k yard receivers?

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> "Everyone else is a complimentary piece." Yes,
> that is correct. Their job is to compliment
> Tannehill, and, by your own admission, they are
> that.

No. Their job is to compliment the playmakers, the stars, the guys that defenses have to worry about. Complimentary players feed off the chaos, the space created by such players. They can be extremely effective under such circumstances.

Problem is we don't have any. So we try to make complimentary players into playmakers. We try to turn a rock into something it isn't. Sometimes it works and you get w good game. Usually it doesn't. Especially against teams that have more than rocks on defense.

Tannehill might be one of those guys but he's a rookie QB with a ways to go before he gets there. Maybe he does. maybe he doesn't. But he isn't going to do it watching Matt Moore run out there and prove what we already know: he's not one of those guys either.

Date: November 25, 2012 11:31AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> I don't agree with this. If you watch the game
> film of the Tennessee game, its clear that the
> players were put in positions to make plays, they
> just didn't make them. If the coaches put the
> players where they need to be- time after time
> after time- and they don't make the play, that's
> NOT coaching.

That's right, its not coaching. Failure to execute is about whether a player is a rock or a gun.

Date: November 25, 2012 11:35AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I get it, if Rt does poorly it is because of the
> oline or lack of weapons, when he does well, it is
> all him succeeding with inferior players around
> him... A win win position, quite clever, if you
> are foolish enough to believe the Bs some of you
> spew....

Whatever.

RT had a good game. So did Bush. So did the O-line. So did Clay and Bess.

Nobody has made today about Tannehill except you.

Funny how when Tannehill has no time to throw and nobody is open its all his fault. A lose lose position, quite clever, if you are foolish enough to believe the BS some of you spew. thumbs up

Date: November 25, 2012 11:39AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I get it, if Rt does poorly it is because of the
> oline or lack of weapons, when he does well, it is
> all him succeeding with inferior players around
> him... A win win position, quite clever, if you
> are foolish enough to believe the Bs some of you
> spew....

Things are not always black and white. It's no different than saying Bush struggled because the line was playing poorly.

I believe that between THeTruth and myself, we end up having to point out the things RT does well because he gets attacked by people who refuse to look at the big picture. Many people expect him to be a Pro Bowler out of the gate. I realize the jury won't be in until after next season.

If you go back and look at previous posts I have stated that RT has not played well. It just gets overshadowed because I end up sticking up for him with the constant bashing by a few posters.

My assertion all along has been that it is a team win or loss. Not just one player. RT did his part today. So did the rest of the team save for the ST coverage unit. No one is even saying that RT won this game all by himself. We ran the ball against a very stingy defense. Long played well (compared to previous weeks) as did Martin...etc.

Solia was a dominant force all day long.

Date: November 25, 2012 12:23PM

Whatever is that some of you blatantly bash the whole team and find that acceptable and call others trolls for questioning RT. I think insulting Hartline, Bush, Clay, fasano, long, pouncey, incognito, Jerry, martin, etc in an attempt to constantly defend this position of poor RT is just as troll like...... I am happy we won, RT had a great game ending drive... He did it with the same weapons that have always been there...

Nietzsche

Date: November 25, 2012 12:36PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Whatever is that some of you blatantly bash the
> whole team and find that acceptable and call
> others trolls for questioning RT. I think
> insulting Hartline, Bush, Clay, fasano, long,
> pouncey, incognito, Jerry, martin, etc in an
> attempt to constantly defend this position of poor
> RT is just as troll like...... I am happy we won,
> RT had a great game ending drive... He did it with
> the same weapons that have always been there...

Yes..what an insult to be labeled a "complimentary" player in the NFL...eye rolling smiley

What was I thinking...you are right they are all superstars who are being held back by Tannehill's incompetence...eye rolling smiley

Oh...and btw...a Troll is a guy who posts the same thing. Over and over. In any thread. Or who just posts controversial stuff merely to provoke a reaction.

We have a troll, possibly two on this site. But we aren't likely to hear much from them today since we won and since the object of their affection played a good game and got his first 4th quarter come from behind win.

Date: November 25, 2012 03:23PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> I don't agree with this. If you watch the game
> film of the Tennessee game, its clear that the
> players were put in positions to make plays, they
> just didn't make them. If the coaches put the
> players where they need to be- time after time
> after time- and they don't make the play, that's
> NOT coaching.

Playcalling is coaching, Rick. Not since the old days of guys like Bob Griese has playcalling been the total province of the QB.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 06:02AM

Date: November 26, 2012 07:10AM

Reggie can cure his fumbling problem. Notice how tightly he was gripping the ball yesterday?

Fasano is a solid all around TE with good hands. He would make a great #2 TE.

Hartline is turning into a solid #2 WR who can occasionally fill in as the number 1 guy. let's not knock him too much. He is having a great year. EVERY WR in the NFL has off weeks where they seem to disappear.

Let's not forget Clay is only in his sophomore year. To contribute last year for a mid-round pick was overacheiving. He has had a slow start in learning the new offense. He took a big step yesterday. No reason to over-judge him yet.

This entire teams needs improvement....and by that I mean, learning to be consistent. From top to bottom.

Tannehill has weapons but they are limited. Nobody on this offense forces DC's to game plan around them. Add a stretch the field type play maker at TE and WR to this team and they all get better...Bess, Hartline etc.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:12AM

I agree eesti. I was just saying we do not have such great weapons like people say.

The players we have have a lot of potential...and reggie is a good player take away those 2 or 3 fumbles.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.