HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Flashback
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Flashback
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:49AM

Just for fun I went back to dig up some of the predictions for the season. I didn't search every thread so, some predictions are missing but, it's still a fair indicator that the team is surpassing expectations. drinking smiley

Sam - 4 - 12
Chyren - 0 to 2 wins
Dolph - at least 6 - 10
Crowder - 8 - 8
Dolphan1976 - 5 - 11
Dolphacolyte - 6 - 10
Dolphin1423 - 5-7 wins
Hooligan - 8 - 8
TheFutt - 3 - 13
Woulf - 9 - 7
BNF - PAIN
Dolfan1 - 2 - 14 (who wouldda thought)
Phinkiss13 - 6 - 10
Berk - less than 8 wins
DK - at least 5 wins none of which attributable to Tanny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 04:26AM by Hooligan2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flashback
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:02AM

My record still very doable. But right now IMHO we will do better than 4-12.

I wasn't counting on the real deal holyfield i mean the real deal tannehill to be so good.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:11AM

I predicted 6 wins (if we were lucky), and it looks as tho that's about where the Fins will be.

They still have a lot of growing to do, on both sides of the ball, and that includes the coaches.

Tanney is surpassing all expectations, and we can only hope he continues. He is going to make rookies mistakes that will probably lead to losses, but he will learn and get better.

Our running game has gone downhill. Right now, the opposition isn't concerned about it. In fact, they aren't really concerned about the passing game, either, despite that outrageous 400+ yard day that Tanney had.

Hartline was shut out vs the Rams. Miami still needs that #1 receiver, and probably won't get it until next year's draft, or the off season.

It is great that Miami is ahead of where they were projected to be, and have won 3 games, but they haven't really beaten anyone of importance. Yeah, I know, the Rams came in at 3-2, but look what they did on the field against both our offense and defense. A good team does that and Miami goes down big time!

Anyway, despite what I said (above), I hope Miami has a very successful season. It is time!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:40AM

The entire package is better than I anticipated (but my Buddhist nature keeps expectations to an absolute minimum anyway).

I think Thill is playing way beyond what anyone expected. And I mean the coaches and Ireland and everybody. The kid is getting pretty freaky scary in the way he handles himself, maintains composure, amazing growth curve, and so on and so on.

Philbin & Company are simply the best coaching staff we've had in well over 25 years. I see absolutely ZERO evidence we're being "handicapped" by a rookie HC. I'm already a big fan of Philbin and have nothing but respect for the man and the job he's doing!

We obviously landed a lot of talent in the last draft and we've a number of young players showing really positive development. Wow, what a difference a positive change makes!
Ireland is showing me more and more that he can be one of The BEST GM's in the game. if he strings another 2 drafts like the past we're suddenly a dominant machine!

And that will be PAIN for the rest of the league.

BNF.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:45AM

Your commentary on dolfan1 and dk were coffee spitters.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:55AM

I predicted 5-11, the odds were with me at that time but I'm happy to be wrong. I ditto agree with BNF above. smiling smiley

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:14PM

Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:14PM

I predicted 5-11 which I thought to be realistic for a totally new coaching staff on both sides of the ball. However I am pleased with our progress up until now and I think if I were to re-evaluate the team now I would predict 8-8 or 7-9.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:18PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 04:23AM

crowders your prediction of 8-8 might be on point..

we still have the 9ers away the jets whos always a tough game and the pats twice...And who knows how the bills will play that day even though they a mess....

If we end up 8-8 i think its been a successfull season and we are on the right track for been a conteding team next year.

Neeeds

1. A couple of free agents who work out any position maily OL receiver
2. Draft a safety, corner, 2 receivers, Rushing LB, Guard the next keith simms.....We have a lot of picks.

Overall this team IMO is a couple of receivers, another corner to compliment sean smith........and a dominating right guard away from contending.

I still have faith in carpenter....get that out of your system and move on. He is still a good kicker.

We are so close...

Our special teams coverage is close to dominating and that was a weakness before and now its fixed.

Mark it down................We have if not the best one of the best punters in pro football..........Field position is one of the most important things.

We might have won the rams game because of him and his pro bowl punting in that game.....he had a 60 plus and like 3 50 plus punts....you kidding me? One of the best....

I know that it helped that that rookie they had returning was garbage i know...against rams....But still some booming punts.

Im telling you we are almost there...

OH and last but not least the coaching staff is finnaly in place.

This team from coaching to players has finnaly made a UTURN.

Finnally.

GO PHINS.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:37AM

I don't wanna dig it up, but I actually bet we would win 8 games, got some pretty good odds to do so, but I still put the chedda on the line!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:43AM

I think I said we'd go undefeated because I didn't want to answer the question, but I'm only 3 losses off that so far! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.