HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Concussions
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Concussions
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 17, 2012 09:50AM

I haven't read every article pertaining to concussions, nor do I have the desire to do so, but....

I just don't understand the former players who have filed a law suit against the NFL concerning concussions.

"The league knew of the potential for long-term health risks of repeated head trauma....but until recently did little about it."

Uhhh.....I do believe the players themselves are very aware of the problems with concussions and have been aware for a long time. Just ask any of them when they got their first concussion of what the doctor told them. Players ignore the symptoms and warnings and continue to play. Is that on the NFL?

A good example of this is James Harrison of the Steelers. He has admitted to "double digit" concussions. He continues to play. Of course, his style of play will lead to many more concussions, for both himself and the opponent.

How can one put the onus on the NFL when that person is well aware of the problems of a concussion?

BTW, Daniel Thomas has had two concussion in about a month and is returning to the field this week. Is he going to join the suit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Concussions
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 17, 2012 12:24PM

Take the face masks off of helmets and their will never be another concussion.

Defensive players would also go back to fundamental tackling.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:58PM

And let's bring back the leather helmets while we're at it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 17, 2012 09:14PM

I had one playing pee wee football. By the time I played Midget, we had the plastic helmets.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.