HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Good and Bad...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Good and Bad...
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:33AM

I can't remember back to when a Miami QB was able to win a game with absolutely no help from the running game. It's remarkable that Tannehill was able to have the game he had with not even the hint of a running attack.

The bad is that the offensive line seems to be taking a backward step for every forward step that Tannehill takes. I would love to see what the offense could do if it was running the ball the way we did earlier in the season teamed with the ever improving Ryan Tannehill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good and Bad...
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:48AM

Also under the "bad" heading, the defense was barely adequate and not even that in the first half. We need another Wake clone.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:53AM

STL had a tough run defense. Looking at the game stats I can't figure how we even won this game. We were outperformed in every major category. Out-rushed, out-passed. Out-performed in rushing D and passing D. Time of possession.

19 yards rushing? really?

The saving grace was NO MISSED FG's or turnovers. (STL had 3 missed FG's). Had Carpenter missed that FG, we would have prob lost the game in OT...again.

Anyone still think missed FG's don't determine the outcome of the game?

We also had 7 fewer penalties.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 15, 2012 05:09AM

Vernon was also a bright spot. Hopefully, he continues to develop to the point that defensive coordinators have to worry about him as well as Wake. I think the bigger need on defense is a top tier corner and most likely a safety.

Date: October 15, 2012 05:13AM

I'm not getting too excited yet. He was going against a tackle who is among the worst in the league.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 15, 2012 05:38AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Anyone still think missed FG's don't determine the
> outcome of the game?
>
>

Not me...although I don't recall ever seeing a post where anyone said that in the first place.

Date: October 15, 2012 05:48AM

Also, bad was the officiating... The tuck rule is the most inane, dim-witted rule in football... But for argument's sake, let's give them a pass on that particular review... How on God's green earth do they call the fumble by the St. Louis receiver an incomplete pass? Seriously, the ref was either blind, a moron, or had money bet on St. Louis. Honestly, the crew we had on Sunday was worse than the replacement refs.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 15, 2012 06:14AM

The Good:
We won the game by making a couple key plays when we had to.
Tannehill took good care of the ball.
The Fake punt. Gutty call when we needed one.

The Bad:
The Defense - Even though Vernon made the game saving sack, overall the defense stunk!! 462 total yards?! 162 on the ground?! OUCH!!
And Bradford did his best to exploit the below avg secondary.

The running game - Reggie must have lost his desire to be the rushing leader because he's not running for $#!T! Hopefully he can heal up and work out the kinks during the bye week.

The Officiating - A phantom hold call on Long that brought back a 1st down. A botched review that took away a fumble recovery from us.
An obvious missed false start call on the Rams'LT. And I'm sure of others that I cant recall. They sucked!

Date: October 15, 2012 07:06AM

It is still hard to get a handle on who this team is....

They are so different from week to week. One game the DB's look great the next they suck.

Same goes for running game, Brian Hartline.

Now our rush defense is getting pounded?

The only natural progression seems to be that RT is getting better week after week and not making the same mistakes twice.

It's hard to throw for more than 200 yards when your best WR can't get open and you can't run the ball.

It's probably a great time for a bye to get some of these issues fixed. Another good point is we get two weeks to prepare to play the Jets in NY.

Are we ever going to get it running on all cylinders? Glad to get a win. I see Gaffney was inactive again.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:36AM

I've been a Hartline fan since he joined us, and I've seen a lot of potential and I like that he seems to maximize his potential. I said before this season, though, that a big step in his maturity will be to avoid being shut out. To me, that's his biggest weakness - occasionally getting completely shut out of the game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.