HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Now let's talk about the Defense
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Now let's talk about the Defense
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 23, 2012 01:52PM

Not not just the dbs.

The all around failure to "wrap up" on tackles.

It was responsible for so much yardage after contact. I'm not talking about passing plays. Yeah guys were open wide enough but I'm talking about running plays and screens were our defensive men have a clear shot at a tackle in the backfield or after a short pass and the guy runs for a million yards because our men don't "wrap up". You go back and review your tape of the game and you'll be amazed at how many of their 3rd down plays converted based on that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now let's talk about the Defense
Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: September 23, 2012 02:21PM

Let's not. I'm so annoyed at this game.

It's a loss and and it shouldn't have been. There's so many reason why they lost this game it's stupid, additionally pointless to continue pontificating over it.

Just my opinion. Of cours y'all are free to gripe over spilled milk.

I'd rather throw beer bottles at my wife!

Kidding of course...

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 23, 2012 02:36PM

jets really suck, horrible loss

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 23, 2012 08:38PM

i thought the DBs were an absolute clu fu.

I lost count of how many jet WRs were wide open that Sanchez missed for easy TDs. 3-4 times at least.
Wilson and Carroll are horrible and need to be replaced asap.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: September 24, 2012 09:48AM

good point! DB's are bad. What is sad is in Cincy the dude made average good. I thought we had good, but somehow they are bad

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 24, 2012 12:25PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not not just the dbs.
>
> The all around failure to "wrap up" on tackles.
>
> It was responsible for so much yardage after
> contact. I'm not talking about passing plays.
> Yeah guys were open wide enough but I'm talking
> about running plays and screens were our defensive
> men have a clear shot at a tackle in the backfield
> or after a short pass and the guy runs for a
> million yards because our men don't "wrap up".
> You go back and review your tape of the game and
> you'll be amazed at how many of their 3rd down
> plays converted based on that.

Well, Chryen, all you have to do is look around the NFL. NONE of them know how to tackle anymore. Why do you think there are so many big running games? All the defenders try to do is make the big ESPN highlight hit. When that happens, you see the RB just keep on going.

Youth football does it the right way. They learn how to tackle properly. Normally, on a youth football team, anyone gets caught trying to "hit" someone, vs "tackling" him, they get called on it.

The NFL is now just a show. The fundamentals have disappeared.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: September 25, 2012 01:17PM

Exactly Captkoi. With all of it's new rules and player personality culture, today's NFL is sadly becoming more of a 'show' and less of a strategic game. The replacement refs just highlight it all right now and people are getting really mad.

I think the NFL could be risking the beginning an age of decline, where fan interest drops and drops fast.

Who wants to see a bunch of pro-bowl type of games every Sunday?

not me.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 25, 2012 01:38PM

I dont like the matchups down the field with our LB's, those plays just make me nervous... If I was an opposing offense that is what I would try and attack.. THe illegal contact/pass interference calls seemed abundant in the Jets game on both sides of the ball... So I dont know how the DB's are suppose to play tight, when the refs are calling the game the way it was called... Most of the time the refs allow alot more "incidental" contact and give the DB equal rights to the ball when it is in the air. Doesnt seem like that lately... It was also nice to see Clemons finally make a game changing play/interception in the endzone, that saved our ass at the time... THat was one of the biggest plays of the ball game for us IMO...THings were looking to go south quick if he didnt pick that ball off...
I also thought the first and goal at the one stop, was as good as it gets from a defense... Our front seven are extremely strong against the run.. Although I thought Sparano's play calling on those three plays were weak. You have Tim Tebow, line it up on the one and run him three times between the tackles and you get in for sure...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 01:42PM by Crowder52.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.