HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets @ Miami
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jets @ Miami
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 19, 2012 03:48AM

Was just thinking about matchups for this game....

We are going to have a tougher time running the ball against them but I don't think that means we won't be able to do it as long as we don't get behind and have to abandon the run. We were able to run vs Houston a bit until we got behind.

RT is going to have to be effective and efficient again. Especially on 3rd downs if we get stuffed vs the run on a couple series.

The Jets gave up a 56 yard TD run vs Buffalo and 169 yards but stiffened up vs Pit although they have injuries and backups at RB. Shift fast backs may give them trouble (Bush).

The Jets have not run the ball very well. Even against Buffalo the Jets passes more effectively (266 yards 3 td's). Stephen Hill had 2tds but was shut out vs the Steelers. The Jets leading rusher had 94/1. 3.4 ypc. Not bad not great.

Overall I think we match up well and I think the Jets are still inconsistent (hehe). I guess when your QB is inconsistent it rubs off on the rest of the team. Hopefully RT continues his ascension.

Sparano gets no beneficial info here. new offense new defense. Only thing he has is player insight of which he may be limited.

This would be a nice win to have (putting it lightlty). I think we have won 4 of the last 6 vs the Jets. (also knocked them out of the playoffs a few times smiling smiley )

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jets @ Miami
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 19, 2012 05:51AM

The Jets run D is not that great, Buffalo ran all over them even though they got blown out. I think this game is a pick em to me, we can stop their run game and make Sanchez/Tebow beat us so I like our chances there, but we need Tanny to have a good game against a very tough D. Factor in the heat/humidity of Miami and I like our chances.

Re: Jets @ Miami
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 19, 2012 09:46AM

Looks like Richard Marshall (back), Daniel Thomas (concussion) and Anthony Armstrong (Hamstring) are all back at practice today!

That's good news. Especially about AA.

Revis was cleared for practice but NOT contact.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 09:47AM by eesti.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.