Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What i saw in the preseason game against the falcons.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What i saw in the preseason game against the falcons.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 05:56AM

Just a few observations....

1. tannehill can make all the throws.

2. Nanee drops everything and if he is not cut then what do you say about the other receivers on the team.

3. Fasano drops 2 key passes including 1 in the endzone for a td. Perfect pass from tannehill.

4. Bess is the only receiver with some balls worth anything on this team. You all saw how tannehill and bess hooked up.

5. There was a corner that got beat the hell up for 2 tds...I dont even want to know his name he is out of there.

6. You all were right. If we trade vontae davis we are in trouble.

7. Sean smith made a great stop on 4th down running play.

8. First team OL opened some holes for running game and bush.

9. Reggie bush ran well with 18 yard run on first play of game.

Defense

Overall the first team defense played well...They put some pressure on ryan at times..Stopped run well.

Offense

Tannehill made some passes that could had been caught but like i said
the lack of talent on this team is going to make him look bad at times.

He did connect with bess for a couple of passes and looked good there...

There was an ol i think john jerry that was moving people of the line of squimmage....WTF he is a beast.....On one play he blocked the guy out of the way then reggie bush ran through a big whole...then the same phins OL kept i think john jerry keppt bushing the hell out of the DLman then fell to to the ground.....

this was a very good falcons offense so i think we are in proving on defense other than that scrub that got beat for 2 tds...We were still missing a starting LB forgot his name but there was another LB all over the field with the threads on his hair....He was pretty good.

either the rookie Rb or last year rookie RB fumbles the ball when he jumped close to the endzone....He needs to hold on to the ball more....>that was sammie smith like....Big no no.

When they put that scrub OLman rookie right tackle you know who im talking about ....ryan tannehill got sacked and fumbled....get that guy out of there he is going to get Thill killed one day.

I just saw a little bit of the game some parts in my house and some parts in my daughters house so i really couldnt remember anything else.

We have some problems but the biggest problem on this team is we have no receivers that can hold on to the ball.......

I mean its already hard to get away from the defenders and throw the rock then when you throw it nanee or fasano both scrubs drop the thing...

We have talent everywhere except the receiver position. I say if we have receivers that can dominate then there will be different outcome to the games....

they better go receiver with the first 5 picks next year or im going to be really upset....Thats the worst position on this team.

Our receivers stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smileys with beer

GO PHINS.

Edited 1 time to add this.............

EDIT: Did you see that play when reggie bush ran then stopped flat then kept going and fooled the LB...

Then the announcer said...QUOTE: Reggie BUsh is in midseason form..

The running game is huge for tannehills development but unfortunately he has no receiver other than bess and hartline is injured.

2nd edit....I wonder how good dan marino would be with the type of receivers we have...

I mean you could throw a perfect spiral strike and the scrubish receivers we got drop the dam thing.

Havent you ever wondered that?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2012 06:06AM by samsam3738.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What i saw in the preseason game against the falcons.
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 07:56AM

Who would of thought John Jerry outplaying Jonathan Martin and maybe even Pouncey. Good for JJ, finally woke up

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 25, 2012 08:10AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 25, 2012 08:21AM

Brandon Marshall dropped passes too. Only he preferred to do so in the END ZONE. Four as I remember but having crappy receivers is not a new thing for us. I will post below how I have been complaining about this from the beginning of time.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 25, 2012 08:28AM

A good QB makes WRs better.... or at least that was the argument against our last QB.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: August 25, 2012 08:31AM

Your history is correct, DolfanKing. I disagreed with that proposition THEN and I disagree with it now. I am going to do that recap of my griping about our receivers shortly.

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: August 25, 2012 11:12AM

I said the same. The Marshall trade was brain dead stupid. Just pure competitive suicide. He could have been a great compliment for RT and even with his drops, still was in the top 5 in nfl last year.

God I hate knowing how bad this team will be and it pisses me off to even consider that this season is over before it's starting but Miami will be lucky to win 4 games. If they do, it'll be at the end of the year once someone starts to pull it together.

I hate this crap. I feel like my 12 year old daughter could evaluate and pick better talent than the garbage management of this team.

Sickening. Too many personalities and personal agendas at the top instead of planning for the overall benefit of the team.

Pure dumbasses.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 11:37AM

Is it a coincidence that Tannehill had alot of drops plague his offense in college and we saw the same last night... Or just pure coincidence, also I think the wr and te need to get use to how quick the ball gets there when Tannehill zips it. I do like how Tannehill acted in his post game pc. He was asked about the drops by his wr, he said he had some bad passes also and needs to do a better job, trying to deflect blame from his recievers... Nicey played by Tannehill...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 12:36PM

ESPN ranked BM #10 last season. Who was it that ranked him top 5 ??

Ranking the Wide Receivers
1. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
2. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
3. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons
4. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
5. Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts
6. Greg Jennings, Green Bay Packers
7. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs
8. DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles
9. Brandon Lloyd, Denver Broncos
10. Brandon Marshall, Miami Dolphins

Date: August 25, 2012 02:09PM

ihateBrady....Brandon Marshall dropped four passes in the endzone.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 03:36PM

Chyren, have you considered that without BM contributions to the drive that the team would never have been in the red zone in the first place? Dropping TD passes sucks for sure, it is a terrible mistake. However, we still get 3 points or another shot to score on the next play. Without BM, I doubt we get as many red zone attempts thus we don't score any points but instead punt.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 25, 2012 04:00PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it a coincidence that Tannehill had alot of
> drops plague his offense in college and we saw the
> same last night... Or just pure coincidence, also
> I think the wr and te need to get use to how quick
> the ball gets there when Tannehill zips it. I do
> like how Tannehill acted in his post game pc. He
> was asked about the drops by his wr, he said he
> had some bad passes also and needs to do a better
> job, trying to deflect blame from his recievers...
> Nicey played by Tannehill...

Henne did not have a lot of drops in college. But had them in the pros.

Going by the last year's talk radio complainers, drops are the fault of the QB. This year, drops are the fault of the WRs.

Hypocrites.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: August 25, 2012 05:48PM

Yeah, 1423, but that's the reason we had so many FGs and so few TDs last year. Not saying Brandon was the only one dropping passes though.

Wait for my new thread on "WRs have LONG been a problem with us."

Date: August 25, 2012 06:10PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Yeah, 1423, but that's the reason we had so many
> FGs and so few TDs last year. Not saying Brandon
> was the only one dropping passes though.
> Wait for my new thread on "WRs have LONG been a
> problem with us."

I will only make one quick comment on this and then we can continue to discuss when you make your new thread on WR.

Without BM, it is unlikely we score those FGs as we are unlikely to be in the RZ as often without his contributions to the entire drive. All points count and without some of those FGs we would have lost more games or been blown out more. Now you have a valid point when you say he cost us points with dropped TDs, but he also created lots of opportunities with his 1000 plus receiving yards, drawing coverage, etc.

Date: August 26, 2012 05:51AM

Marshall was ranked 3rd in the nfl in receptions and yardage last year, only welker and gronk was ahead of him.

Yea he had drops but the yardage and catches are impactful. He wasn't ginn who dropped everything AND didn't get yardage or receptions.

Admit it or not, Miami is far worse off without marshall than they are with him.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 26, 2012 06:22AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 06:53AM

I was able to catch the 1st half of the game on the nfl channel.

1. tannehill can make all the throws.

He can but still needs to adjust to nfl speed. Good decision to start him.

2. Nanee drops everything and if he is not cut then what do you say about the other receivers on the team.

the 3 first half drops were not good throws. Just as much blame could be put on Tanne. An all pro wr could have hauled in 2 of them but I never heard of Nanne before he got here.

3. Fasano drops 2 key passes including 1 in the endzone for a td. Perfect pass from tannehill.

I am treating Fasano's performance as a abnormal he has shown much better than what he did on the field fri night.

The first half performance was tight. I liked Jerry totaly dominated his man. He could be the second best olineman on the team. Dude has to dedicate himself. The same w/ Vontae. I liked the way Guyton performed also. Martin played well the first 3 drives, no pressure from the right side. The 4th drive ATL stunted twice and he failed twice. Dude has to get it together fast.

The db's played well we need more pressure from the front 4. I liked the way the coaches are demanding more from Smith and Jerry this year. I think they need to get into Koa Misi's ear. I do not think his production matches his years he has been here.

There were a lot of good things in the first half not the disaster I thought it was. We still have a lot of work to do I hope the coaches get it done. Its there offense and defense that they chose to install.

Date: August 26, 2012 07:14AM

Sorry... Meant AFC. And no, not just the AFC east.

My bad

Again, consider the receivers that were in the AFC last year, with 1 and 2 being on the pats, then having the 3rd in the AFC on Miami with the qb situation as it was is a glaring positive that should have been maintained, focused on, and nurtured for growth going forward.

Not traded for bunk picks.

Wrote:
> Marshall was ranked 3rd in the nfl in receptions
> and yardage last year, only welker and gronk was
> ahead of him.
>
> ???
>
> tied for 10th in receptions
> 10th in yards
>
> did you mean just in the AFC East?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 26, 2012 07:46AM

Understood - got it re: AFC vs. NFL...and it's amazing that 1 & 2 are both on the Patsies.

I tried my hardest to support Marshall throughout his antics while he was with us. But his comments at the Pro Bowl were nearly unforgivable, in my opinion. Even if what he said was true (debatable, given how the PB game is played), he should never have said it. A big part of me was surprised we even got 2 3rds at that point.

He had his highest full-season YPC (by far) and could have tied or topped his highest career TD total last year. I know that partly supports your position. But, my position is that he intentionally and specifically threw his QB under the bus on national television coming off what could have easily been his best season ever, had he not screwed it up himself.

At that point - and this is a true question, not just trying to pick a fight or anything - do you think that any amount of nurturing would have really helped him to grow going forward? Hadn't the team turned every cheek available to nurture his growth to that point?

Date: August 26, 2012 09:31AM

Not with this management and coaching staff. He probably would have still been somewhat of a diva, but he can still play. This staff doesn't know how to manage these scenarios so they just get rid of the player. All in the name of keeping appearances at the risk of team performance.

This is the nfl. This isn't high school. Teams that want the best players are gonna have to deal with some egos. They're paid millions to play a kids game and act like it at times. It's to be expected. People get too bent out of making mountains out of molehills and call every single instance of anything a distraction.

This same shit happens with every team, hell even the patriots. I suspect that the staff and coaches there are just better and maintaining in house.

Date: August 26, 2012 11:12AM

the pats can deal with it because for a long time they just cut anyone who stepped out of line (and still do). Then they brought in Randy Moss and a couple other somewhat troubled players. Randy and those guys knew to toe the company line because they had watched their fellows get cut from the pats for that stuff the previous decade.

Thats the way to do it. Establish your locker how you want it and ground it with players you trust. Then build that, once you have a very stable locker room then you can start to gamble a bit and bring in a problem player or two.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 08:40PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> Thats the way to do it. Establish your locker how
> you want it and ground it with players you trust.
> Then build that, once you have a very stable
> locker room then you can start to gamble a bit and
> bring in a problem player or two.

It looks like this is what Philbin is attempting to do. Good. These are supposed to be professionals doing a job, not immature crybabies.

Date: August 27, 2012 04:32AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> A good QB makes WRs better.... or at least that
> was the argument against our last QB.

YUP A qb has a magic wand so when he throws a strike the ball sticks to the receivers hand. Then the receiver doesnt drop it.

Date: August 27, 2012 05:51AM

Dolphanking are you ready to change your tagline in september?

In case if you forgot.....here it is again............

Dolfankings new tagline: Samsam3738 was right and i was wrong about The Man Ryan Tannehill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.