HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          hogan
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
hogan
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: August 21, 2012 08:06AM

I liked this Chris Hogan kid, looks like the real deal, reminds me of a wes welker. On hard knocks they kept saying 7-11 open 24 hours of the day. The kid did get open all the time, great feet and hand skills. He will be one to watch. He doesn't say anything either like Chad had done, all mouth and no skills.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hogan
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 21, 2012 08:09AM

day late and a dollar short.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 21, 2012 09:05AM

We need someone to step up, maybe it Hogan.

I like how the guy comnes across and his teammates tend to respect him. He's obviously a good athelete, let's hope he can adapt to excel at football.

Date: August 21, 2012 09:09AM

I wish I knew what the hell was going on with Hartline. Still listed as questionable.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 22, 2012 06:15AM

I think someone is going to have to emerge as an unknown and be a surprise, they really didn't go out and address the WR position.

Maybe it turns out to be an unknown athelete like Hogan.

Maybe they go get Bolt smiling smiley

Time for excuses is about past ... someone needs to step up and play the position.

Date: August 22, 2012 06:18AM

Not much chance Hogan doesn't make this team the way the coaches are talking about him. One assistant said "he is going to be a cult hero" after his breaking tackle last week.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 22, 2012 08:22AM

Yeah, but I was afraid when that comment was made that it was more in the tone of "oh no, this guy is going to be a cult hero and we are gonna catch hell when we cut him."

But I hope you're right.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: August 23, 2012 08:28AM

He looked good last night catching more passes! I like this guy,he has the moves and the hands

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 23, 2012 09:23AM

I recall Hogan missing a catch deep down the field (right between his hands, but in a tough spot - not an "easy" catch but the type of catch that guarantees you're ON THE TEAM). Afterwards I thought the kid missed his chance to lock up a roster spot...

Doesn't mean he won't make the 53, but I thought that was his chance to really separate himself. Later he made a great tackle on teams (I think kick off). That’s great but we need more… We need a few playmakers that catch the pig when it matters.

I still think Fuller will be the one who steps up the most and could really surprise. The kid moves like an NFL receiver and seems to be catching the pig when he has the chance.

WTF is up with Hartline???

Reminds me of Matt Roth a few years back…

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 23, 2012 09:37AM

Yeah, BNF, but with the exception of what you pointed out about Fuller, none of the other receivers reliably "catch the pig."

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 23, 2012 11:45AM

Ya know it's really amazing how difficult it is to catch the pig consistently and just have that knack for snaring that rascal out of the air…

Give me a pair of hands like OG had, with the moves of Steve Largent, the deep speed of Duper, the get-up-and-go pony show of Mark Clayton, and the class of Paul Warfield. I’m seriously Ireland, get yur shit together and get us one of these guys!

LOL.

In truth… From a fans perspective the WR position doesn’t look that “unsolvable” but obviously there ain’t a bunch of great ones ripe on the tree.

Oh well…

cool smiley

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 23, 2012 12:49PM

Hogan is a bit of a Hard Knocks creation. Playing WR in the NFL is not easy. Guys can't just rely on athleticism. They need to learn to run routes and read defenses, and really hone their craft. Hogan played one year of college football, and he played more DB than he did WR. He caught just 12 passes in college. And he did it against inferior competition while playing at Monmouth. He may have a knack for getting open, but he likely needs lots and lots of seasoning. And another year on the practice squad is the way to get that.

He did have a very good special teams play last week, and that raises his stock. If he can show more on special teams in the next two weeks, and get some WR production with the second team offense, then I will believe he has a real shot at making the 53. But, right now, I don't believe it. I think he is, at best, 8th on the depth chart, and quite probably lower than that.

Date: August 26, 2012 07:13AM

Twitter...from practice

IzzyGould Chris Hogan another wide open catch down the middle.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 12:14PM

Hogan and Matthews have looked as good as any receiver other than bess

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:08PM

That he is even in the conversation as the #2 wideout says everything we need to know about this team's talent.

All you Ireland apologists should ask yourselves "Who is responsible for getting the talent?" before you start saying he knows how to draft.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:14PM

DolfanKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That he is even in the conversation as the #2
> wideout says everything we need to know about this
> team's talent.
>
> All you Ireland apologists should ask yourselves
> "Who is responsible for getting the talent?"
> before you start saying he knows how to draft.

eggsactly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.