HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Has Ireland's role been downplayed on Hard Knocks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Has Ireland's role been downplayed on Hard Knocks
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 22, 2012 03:48PM

It is hard not to notice that Ireland's involvement and interaction has been downplayed if not non existent on Hard knocks...Why? I obviously dont think his daily invovlemtn and position is as nonexistent as Hard Knocks has made it out to be.... DO you think Ireland is any less involved then other GM's on Hard Knocks that have been highlighted. Or has it been a conscious pr decision on behalf of the phins to downplay his position, making him look like a silent partner in much of the show and issues the organization is going through? TV is TV and not reality obviously... For being the head of football for our organization with complete control of personnel and during training camp, his character sure has a minimal role on the show IMO... Why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2012 03:52PM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has Ireland's role been downplayed on Hard Knocks
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 22, 2012 04:01PM

Didn't I see one shot where Philbin was consulting with Ireland on some point or another? I thought it was on the last Hard Knocks.

Date: August 22, 2012 04:13PM

Example: in last night's show, Bush approached Ireland and Philbin wanting to sit down with them to talk about what happened with "Chad". But Ireland was not at the meeting or on record about it, even though Bush approached both of them and asked to sit down with both of them.. Also when they played Sid and Dasnby at the intro of the show, they showed Ireland watching the TV as he is hearing Dansby comment about the organization, but we heard nothing from Ireland, he never spoke all episode...Philbin even mentions Ireland and being the guy in control over the players directly with suggestions from him, when addressing the team regarding it all. Weird.... .
If you have ever watched previous Hard Knocks seasons, you know how much of a role the GM normally gets on the show.. From Karl Peterson, to Jerry Jones to Tannenbaum,etc,, Ireland is virtually silent and nonexistant, yet he is the head of football operations.. I think has been good for Ireland PR wise but no sure how accurate it is towars what is really going on behind the scenes of the show...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: August 22, 2012 04:14PM

Yeah Chyren they show quick clips with Ireland in the weekly full coaches meeting, here and there... but nothing like the coverage GM's get in the past on Hard Knocks...

Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:14PM

It's still early in the season isn't it? (how many episodes?) I'll bet he's shown more when cuts start happening.

Date: August 22, 2012 05:30PM

They know he's not popular. Could be a concious decision to just keep people watching. No Ross either. No Celebrity owners during any of the games. People just don't dig them.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:55PM

it's TV. there is no grand scheme involved. they keep scenes they think are interesting and fit a story line and cuts those they think do not. obviously they didn't feel any scene ireland was in this week was interesting enough to make the cut.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: August 23, 2012 01:11AM

Maybe they're afraid he might ask the HBO camera man if his mother was a prostitute.

eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2012 01:12AM by chrisnnavarre.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 23, 2012 05:04AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's TV. there is no grand scheme involved. they
> keep scenes they think are interesting and fit a
> story line and cuts those they think do not.
> obviously they didn't feel any scene ireland was
> in this week was interesting enough to make the
> cut.

No no no berk. Its a conscious effort on the dolphins part to hide Ireland from media scrutiny. They are clearly manipulating the broadcasts to make him less of a story despite the fact they have no editorial control over the shows content beyond the ability to keep them from accidentally revealing plays and schemes.

Date: August 23, 2012 08:09AM

I guess you guys dont get it, and yes I know TV, worked in production out of college, even owned a production company for several years in my twenties... IMO, Ireland refused to give an interview about it or be in a meeting that was being taped about it, pretty simple... You dont think it is interesting enough, drama and TV worthy for the Hard Knocks producer to conduct an interview asking Ireland about Ocho, or about Dansby speaking out against the organization, you guys are crazy. The only reason that didnt happen is because Ireland refused to talk about it in front of the camera IMO..

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2012 08:09AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 23, 2012 08:43AM

as far as I know Hard Knocks does not inteview anyone. They just have the cameras and film whatever is going on.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 23, 2012 08:49AM

"So serious all the time about your big race team. Who cares?"

"There's only one good thing about coming to these races and that is the vibrations from the cars. Oh, I love when them cars whiz by! Oh, I can feel the motor running up my legs."

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 23, 2012 08:58AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as far as I know Hard Knocks does not inteview
> anyone. They just have the cameras and film
> whatever is going on.

Is it possible to refuse to do an interview that was never requested?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 23, 2012 09:20AM

Why do you come back on the board just to fight with people for the sake of fighting with people, Truth?

Date: August 23, 2012 09:26AM

Berk- from my productions expertise,lol... Hard Knocks defintely sits down and interview players and coaches....They have done it with lots of characters on the show already including Sherman, Philbin, Moore, etc....

Nietzsche

Date: August 23, 2012 09:28AM

chyren- it is ok, I dont mind it, it shows how clueless he really is...lol... he doesnt even realize they conduct interviews on Hard Knocks, but is trying to make fun of me about something his thinking is completely inaccurate about ..lol... thats why you got to love the guy

Nietzsche

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 23, 2012 09:28AM

"I've really moved on.

I've sent in my application to The Real World, so I'm hoping to hear back from that. I'm putting a lot of my eggs into that basket, the MTV basket. I'm also thinking about getting a gun and dealing crack. Being a crack dealer, but not like a mean crack dealer, but like a, you know, like a nice one. Just kind of friendly, like, 'Hey, what's up guys? You want some crack? I'm just waiting on those two things to kind of flesh themselves out.'"

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.