HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Interesting Camp Notes...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Interesting Camp Notes...
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 27, 2012 07:00AM

Courtesy of Omar Kelly

Will Yeatman has moved from TE to T.

Hartline is not 100%

Matt Moore not looking good.

C Johnson looking good.

Pat Devlin looking good

Gates gets separation just can't catch.

Clemon injured again...thigh or hammy...again

Martin 1st day starting RT
Hicks starting RG

-- The defense has died the hair of the entire rookie class. Olivier Vernon has blonde mohawks, horns look. Creative!

John Jerry is practicing. Clearly he passed his conditioning test. He looks SLIGHTLY thinner. Stay tuned...lost 10 lbs or so

-- Lydon Murtha is being platooned between right tackle and left tackle.

-- Jeff Fuller just scored a 40-yard touchdown from Pat Delvin. He's looking good.

-- Based on day one Jeff Fuller appears to be the rookie to beat when it comes to making the 53 man roster.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting Camp Notes...
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 27, 2012 07:02AM

thanks for the omar posts. I am interested in the TC reports, but just can't stand what an Ahole he is and all of the other crap he tweets, so I don't follow him any more. But happy to read the "filtered" version on here.

Date: August 03, 2012 09:50AM

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 03, 2012 10:52AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wouldn't be surprised if half a doizen copy cats try it
> next year.

Only if it works.

I like the idea in principal, and it is a good way to get an imprint on the team early. But it won't be copied until the team does something (like go deep in the playoffs), and that won't happen this year.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 03, 2012 11:00AM

I think it is necessary more so for this team than others.

Though results will bring on the copycats, it also is effective for the FINS for other reasons that may not be seen in other environments.

Fins have a new offense, new defense and a 3 QB battle, and a desire to instill a no huddle sped up tempo.

All of those things require more reps than would be needed for a repeating established team, traditional offense, and one not requiring implementation of new O & D plus a 3 way QB battle ... ability to see more reps by each.

This underscores one of the main things I like about Philbin and this coaching staff. They seem more intelligent about what their needs are ... regardless of whther others do it or not.

What a breath of fresh air from the Parcells Sparano dogmatic approach.

Date: August 03, 2012 12:57PM

Exactly. We could use a little innovation right now. if nothing else it should help us start out stronger with better conditioning as opposed to last year when we stunk out of the gate.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 03, 2012 01:09PM

That is why they get so many snaps in.... They are getting over 125 snaps in at practice, by doing it that way. Twice as many snaps as a 3hr practice last year. Also during those practices last year, players would sit around not participating for a decent portion of practice.
Players have less time to think, just react, which is good because that is what you want the players to operate on instinct and muscle memory...
He also shortened the practices from 3 hrs to around 2.5 hours, and gets more done....pretty smart and impressive....lets see if it works....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.