HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wonder why some players didn't improve?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Wonder why some players didn't improve?
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 25, 2012 05:44AM

According to Brandon Marshall he never received much, if any position coaching in Miami.

You can believe him or not but it sounds about right to me since we haven't really seen much improvement from our developmental guys. Moore, Pruitt and Wallace should have been further along IMO.

Sparano brought in Steve Bush from his Connecticut ties and had Ike Hilliard interning but Bush only had 4 years experience as late as last year. We also had a former WR/ WR coach as our QB coach. That never really made sense to me since our QB's and WR's underachieved under Sparano. Who knows how much better Henne could have been with an experienced QB mentor.

Hopefully that all changes under Philbin even though technically we still don't have a QB coach. We have an assistant Qb coach...who is the OC's son-in-law that will team up with Sherman to coach the QB's.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wonder why some players didn't improve?
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 25, 2012 06:33AM

Marshall needs an increased dosage of his medication.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 25, 2012 07:03AM

I think he is right on this one.

I've thought the fins have been weak at most of the coaching positions and especially QB and receivers for at least 10 years, maybe more.

Sparano just wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. And Parcells was a controll freak interested mostly in people who towed his line for him.

One exception his DC was awesome.

*** That said, I think having a new offense and staff, that we are significantly better in the coaching department, and these guys know they need to teach the system to the fins on both sides of the ball.

Bottom line it is refreshing and I hope it sticks beyond the initial years to become the norm

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 25, 2012 07:54AM

Yeah, everybody is to blame for Bowel Movement's failure of performance except Bowel Movement himself. At the pro bowl, he blamed it on a lack of an elite quarterback. Now, it's the coaching.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 25, 2012 12:30PM

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: June 25, 2012 09:10PM

He is just as guilty as the FO that signed him. Amazing how many excuses were made for BM, and how much tunnel vision the fan base had. The same people are now hanging on his every word, taking every insult he dishes out seriously.

In a few years, expect the same from Eightyfive.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 26, 2012 09:59AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes indeed the man has issues. If you weren't
> quite sure why, this article covers his
> background. A sad story of a guy with some
> significant issues. Borderline is a difficult
> disorder, and he's shown a lot of problems
> managing his emotions.

Sorry, PhinJim, but personally, I have a problem with this. As some know, I retired as a prosecutor last December. In 1985, my first death penalty case was against a guy by the name of Francis Hernandez. Francis picked up a hitchhiker named Edna B. in his van on weekday night and raped and strangled her and left her body on the grounds of the junior high he had attended. That next saturday night, he was out with a group of friends in separate cars. After spending the night at a pizza and pool parlor, the group broke up. He followed one of the girls in his van to her home, kidnapped her at her door (her mom found her purse the next morning outside the door) raped and strangled her.

His excuse at trial "Borderline Personality disorder." I got the conviction affirmed by the California Supreme Court, unanimously, 7-0, the only thing that was changed was that the judge allowed the jury to find TWO multiple murder circumstances when there were two victims and since two IS multiple itself, you can't double up on it.

For those who know how to research it, it can be found at 47 Cal. 3d 315; 763 P.2d 1289; 253 Cal. Rptr. 199.

That was in 1988. Along in 2011 in August, when I'm about to retire, a mean federal judge reversed the conviction on the grounds, among other, that evidence of his mental illness was not pursued enough by his attorneys.

Prior to that time, in a deposition for the federal hearing, I got the medical experts hired by the defense to admit that a "borderline personality disorder means only, essentially, that he's a jerk. Right?" They answered "well, if you want to put it in laymen's terms."

Bowel movement gets no sympathy from me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.