HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Offensive Line
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Offensive Line
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 15, 2012 09:01AM

So our left 3 lineman are set. The questions are on the right side at RG at RT.

We are switching to a zone blocking scheme and will need athletic lineman. Long, Pouncy, Incognito....check. Martin, check.

Hopefully we get lucky and found a gem in Jonathon Martin. The problem spot is RG.

Artis Hicks is a castoff from Cleveland and ranked very low in pass protection from PFF. (10th worst) A little better in run blocking but not good by any stretch of the imagination. He played RT in Cleveland last year I believe. He may not even make the team.

John Jerry stepped it up last year filling in at RT and LT but is now back at RG. Our best hope is that he continues that improvement.

I still think we need to add someone here. Jake Scott sign anywhere? That was a pretty good name for Miami.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Offensive Line
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 09:22AM

I was wondering about jake scott. is he a pulling guard? why hasn't he signed with anyone yet?

Date: May 15, 2012 09:25AM

age... but still played very good last year. Only given up 5 sacks in 4 years I think.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 15, 2012 09:28AM

I guess the consensus is that Carey is on the way out. He'd probably have to lose 50 pounds to be "athletic" again.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 10:19AM

We have one of the best pulling centers in the league, maybe they arent overly concerned with a pulling guard, who knows... Most teams dont have a pulling center...
Long, Incognito, Pouncey, no idea, (Murtha or Martin)...that is my best guess.lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: May 15, 2012 10:34AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 10:36AM

I don't understand Omar's comment about the loser bw Martin and Murtha for RT will be the RG. Do either of them have G experience? I know Martin does not, and I don't think he has the body type of a guard anyway (he's pretty tall and lanky)

Date: May 15, 2012 10:39AM

Yeah...makes you wonder if it's possible for the big guys to move inside in a zone scheme.

Carey did it last year but that was a different scheme.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 10:47AM

I guess you mean we are set at Left Tackle, Center And Right tackle right???

Ive always said our guards stink...

And some say its the easiest position to find. so i wonder why we havent been able to sign a couple of good additions to the guard positions.

Then i start thinking about sparano and the OL castoffs he adquired from dallas. Maybe thats the reason.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 11:18AM

I think with the new scheme, it is hard to tell who will be the RG. Incognito is a pretty good left guard. I think Murtha would have been the RT had he not gotten hurt in the final preseason game, which he played LT during most of that preseason. Martin seems to fit the profile of what Philbin likes for offensive linemen in his scheme. Not quite as heavy, and more athletic. AThletic and quick over size and bulky. I think the moving pocket will help the offensive line alot. I think when you have 2 guys who have never played RT as a starter in the NFL, competing for the position and a question mark, at RG, there is alot to still be proven... That being said, I would still guarantee the right side will not be as bad as last year. When you run power football, your line play is everything, when it is weak, there is no hiding it.... We are not playing so much power formation, in this new system I suppose.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: May 15, 2012 11:29AM

I think Incognito is doing well. He was resigned and graded out positive on PFF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.