HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Power Rankings are "Rank" IMHO
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Power Rankings are "Rank" IMHO
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 08, 2012 06:27AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Power Rankings are "Rank" IMHO
Date: May 08, 2012 06:31AM

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: May 08, 2012 06:34AM

ESPN has had its head up its rotting Connecticut rear since it started. Look at where Bristol is on a map - halfway between Boston and New York. That is the center of the universe as far as ESPN is concerned.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: May 08, 2012 08:40AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ESPN has had its head up its rotting Connecticut
> rear since it started. Look at where Bristol is
> on a map - halfway between Boston and New York.
> That is the center of the universe as far as ESPN
> is concerned.

DolfanKing, this is spot on.

Do you guys read the AFC East blog on ESPN? It is trash, it is pure opinion and speculation masquerading as reporting.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 08, 2012 10:22AM

Power rankings this time of year are pretty foolish... Last year, i am pretty sure, the Lions, and 49ers were power ranked pretty low, and they wound up being 2 of the most exciting teams in the NFL..
To power rank us with a new coach and system based on last year's performance doesnt make any sense IMHO...
Which is fine with me, I dont want any hype, I want to do it with results and on the field play!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 08, 2012 10:31AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ESPN has had its head up its rotting Connecticut
> rear since it started. Look at where Bristol is
> on a map - halfway between Boston and New York.
> That is the center of the universe as far as ESPN
> is concerned.

Ugh. Revives old memories of me going down I-95, sometimes to Washington, DC, sometimes to New Haven.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 08, 2012 05:22PM

Obviously these people don't have much insight but oh well...

I see a few teams showing some improvement this year.

Cleveland: They added a RB that will pay big dividends. They had better forget about the WCO and become a running team because they still have no WR's. Colt McCoy is not that bad he just needs someone to throw to assuming he is not traded. I think they improve by 2 or 3 wins.

Tampa: This may be one of the biggest improvements. They have a good QB that tried to do too much last year and had no help. They added Vincent Jackson at WR to pair with Arelius Benn and Mike Williams and Winslow. They drafted a nifty little runner to make up a thunder and lightning duo in Doug Martin.

They already have a monster line and added Carl Nicks at G.

They drafted a great future safety in Mark Barron and got help at LB in the draft. They have a pretty good young d-line and added Amobi Akoye.

This team may be in the playoffs.

I think New Orleans is in for a long road with all the distractions and still don't have a QB signed. Could take a huge step back this year. No DC....No Assist HC. ouch!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: May 10, 2012 05:12AM

Good points eesti, I think there are a ton more examples and look forward to seeing what these look like about week 3.

I expect them to be radically different.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 10, 2012 05:38AM

I think Buffalo will have a better defense but I think the offense will still be inconsistent. They have shown me nothing to think otherwise. 24 Td's and 23 int's by Fitz.

The Jets may be better on the goal line with Tebow and in the passing game as well although I think Stephen Hill will take some time as did his former teamate Demarius Thomas.

I think Miami will be improved no matter which QB gets the start. Moore will actually have an off season to work and will have some competition this year that will push all three to be better. The only question mark(s) IMO is at WR and the right side of the O-line.

If our WR's step up and Martin can start at RT, I think we will be a solid team with potential to be explosive on both sides of the ball.

NE may actually have a defense this year which is scarey.

It's going to be a tough division again.

A look at the QB's in our division...

Miami: Tannehill, Moore, Gerard
NE: Brady, Hoyer, Mallett
Buffalo: Fitz, Thigpen
Jets: Sanchez, Tebow

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.