HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Whiffing...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Whiffing...
Posted by: Offerdahl ()
Date: April 29, 2012 06:35PM

If I read one more time about the Fins "whiffing" on a player, I am going to go apeshit postal.

Just perusing the last days' news items, I see a constant reference of our "whiffing" on Manning (btw, no other team did that!), Flynn, Alex Smith, anyone Ireland ever had a casual conversation with, and anyone we did not draft. I would not be surprised to find references to our "whiffing" on Tim Tebow, Joe Montana, Larry Bird and Danica Patrick.

If I see this shit one more time, I will get a whiffle bat and beat the idiot "writer" to a pulp with it. It will be a lengthy process, but sooooo worth it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whiffing...
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 29, 2012 08:13PM

Can I be next in line?

Rick

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: April 30, 2012 05:42AM

About 90% of the sports writers dont have a "whiff" of a clue when it comes to strategy and overall vision of a paticular team.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 30, 2012 05:55AM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> About 90% of the sports writers dont have a
> "whiff" of a clue when it comes to strategy and
> overall vision of a paticular team.

Very true. This is why I generally tune out the national guys. They aren't dialed in to the team the way local beat reporters are.

Sure there are some tahat actually break news but the vast majority of them are just regurgitating someone else scoop or story. It's why I have little use, and even less regard for most of them.

But hey....they gotta eat, right? smoking smiley

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 30, 2012 12:46PM

Awesome thread.

Please call as needed for backup when the beatings commence smiling smiley

I'm sure its only a matter of time

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 30, 2012 12:46PM

No! They DON'T have to eat! LOL. Saying things like that just proves why...........................

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:53PM

Reminds me of the scene in "Airplane" where everyone was standing in line to beat the crap out of that woman passenger. javascript:editor_tools_handle_subjectsmiley_select("grinning smiley"winking smiley

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:57PM

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 30, 2012 05:03PM

The Phins definitely did not "whiff" on Matt Flynn. And it is irritating to hear it portrayed that way.

Flynn's deal in Seattle is 3 years, and $19.5M. It has another $7.5M in incentives. But, 3/19.5 is the real contract. Only $10M of that is guaranteed. His base salary in 2012 is $2M. And his cap number is just $4M. In other words, his cap # is a whopping $1M more than David Garrard. If we actually wanted Flynn as a starter, we could have landed him easily. The deal Seattle gave him is easily topped. It is a joke to say we whiffed on him.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 05:05PM

Most these so called guru's are evben that great. I thin I heard that the best of the top analyst's got 6 out of the 32 picks right !

They give Pete Carrol shit for drafting Bruce irvin, but last year he drafted Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, & Brandon Browner late, or signed undrafted, and two made the pro bowl and Baldwin was their leading receiver

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.