HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          what we should do
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
what we should do
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: March 17, 2012 05:58AM

Dolphins should sign Flynn and then package their 8th pick and 3rd rounders from the Marshall trade to move up to the 4th slot (Cleveland's pick). They then can draft Justin Blackmon (we need a #1 WR).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what we should do
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 17, 2012 07:06AM

I'm guessing that Flynn would prefer to be here with Philbin and would only go elsewhere if Ireland offers him peanuts.

Just read an article about how Green Bay built their receiving corps - There's specific mold of receiver that Philbin looks for, and they find them in rounds two & three. Because of that history, & if that's the case here now, I'm guessing again that we'll take a pass rusher in the 1st round to help keep Brady, Fitz, & Sanchez in check and Philbin will get his velcro handed receiver(s) after the 1st round just like Green Bay. This years draft is receiver deep - a good thing for us. Now I'm not surprised that Miami was looking to shop Marshall as early as the combine.

My guess for our 1st round pick is contingent that we sign Flynn. If that falls through thanks to Ireland, then we'd be forced to either go for Tannehill or Weeden. Weeden could probably be had for a trade down, but the word from scouts is all that's keeping him from being worthy as high as the next QB chosen after Luck is his age.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 17, 2012 07:18AM

We will draft Ingram, Coples, or that turd from USC with the #8 pick.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 17, 2012 07:24AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We will draft Ingram, Coples, or that turd from USC with the #8 pick

I think you nailed it with your guesses.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 17, 2012 07:24AM

That criteria is why we should take Floyd at #8, assuming we don't take Tannehill that is.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 17, 2012 07:25AM

Floyd is a diva. Pretty sure Ireland and Philbin don't want to replace one diva WR with another diva WR.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 17, 2012 07:35AM

I highly doubt we'll take a WR at #8. Round two or three more likely, the way Philbin likes it and the way Green Bay does it.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 17, 2012 07:47AM

this year is LOADED with wr, i would take any of the top 5... BlAckmon, floyd, S. Hill, alshon, wright. I am quite sure that one or two of those guys will still be on the board when we pick in the second so I dont think that there is a need to move up for one of them. jmho.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 17, 2012 08:10AM

Now that i think about is we should draft one of the top five recievers in the first and then package back up with the extra 3rd and get S. Hill. I think we should get two of those guys. Right now hartline is our #1 and with that even manning could not have success here...

I think wr is a major concern now since as far as im concerned we gave a perennial probowler away for a box of rice crispy treats and a bag of doritos.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 17, 2012 10:27AM

As long as we get Flynn and aren't forced to draft Tannehill and Wheedon, I think pass rusher will be our priority in round 1. Pass rushers are hard to get after the first or second round. Look at all the highly productive pass rushers in the league and they were almost all 1st or 2nd round guys. The only way to get a guy later than that is if they fall due to character concerns, legal trouble, if they are a tweener, or late bloomer.

WR are much easier to find later in the draft so I think we will target them in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

Coples and Perry are my favorites for pass rusher. I hope we don't draft Ingram.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.