HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wouldn't touch this prospect with a 10 foot pole
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Wouldn't touch this prospect with a 10 foot pole
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: February 26, 2012 05:33PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wouldn't touch this prospect with a 10 foot pole
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 26, 2012 05:59PM

Yeah but what it boils down to is that there are several ways to look at it.

As a prosecutor, my question is whether he is still active in criminal behavior.

If not, then if he can make a living working in the NFL, then don't look at it as a reward, look at it as him taking care of his kids instead of the government.

Look at it as maybe his kids will grow up middle class or even upper class and his grandkids will grow up to be better.

What good does it do anybody to deny him his chance to use his GOD* given talents to correct his life and right his wrongs?

What good does it do anybody to send him back to the streets where his only other alternative is either to be a charge on society or worse still, to go back being an enemy of society.

* Footnote. It was in fact God who gave him that talent.

Date: February 26, 2012 06:02PM

Of course, your post went way past your title. Going back reading your title AGAIN, my above post does not advocate that WE take him but does respond to your whole belief that he should not even be allowed into the NFL.

Date: February 27, 2012 04:18AM

Yeah he's an ignorant one for sure. Not far behind The Jets CB, Cromartie who has 7 and not even age 30. But then there is Ricky Williams who also has 3 kids with 3 different women and problems with substance abuse.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 27, 2012 07:58AM

Why deny him the oppurtunity at the one thing he's good at, maybe the second after making babies. We also live in a society where you get what you earn and he has earned an oppurtunity to play in the nfl.

I agree there is very little honor to be found anywhere in our society these days.

Date: February 27, 2012 09:52AM

I here all of you,but it sure bothers the hell out of me that this class warfare thing has reached a level of us against them. Then you have these athletes that just bring child after child into the world with the means to take care of them unless they make in the athletic profession sad really. I could go on, but I bet jenkins was raised without a father. When will this viscious cycle of one parent families ever be broken does anyone really know? Whatever happened to being a responsible adult, and taking responsibilty of your actions where has that all gone in some segments of our population? This is why the athlete is way to pampered because no one can tell them NO. Do not have children out of wedlock or don not smoke weed or get into trouble heaven forbid he might not want to play for our college pathetic really. I even heard of coaches that have an abortion fund when will this madness end, and how bad do you really need to win at any and all cost? Alright I am off of my soap box just had to vent a little.

Date: February 27, 2012 10:24AM

Date: February 27, 2012 10:29AM

Considering what I do for living.......I just call it Job security.......sad smiley

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 27, 2012 12:09PM

Its a screwed up country right now. Liberals point the finger at cons and vice versa. I to wish we could bring back the belt but you gotta roll w/ the cards you were dealt. If you only look at the the athletes that are aholes then that's what you will see there are some good ones out there.

Date: February 27, 2012 03:01PM

Basically we need more Tebow, and less (Pick from a couple hundred assholes)

Date: February 28, 2012 03:17AM

Anyway I am not going to make an issue out of this because we simply cannot change our society to try and do so would constitute the end of our democracy. What I am in favor of is cutting off the funds for these people who abuse the system to keep abusing it. If you have a child you're on your own meaning you get no extra help from uncle Sammy. That right their would help fix the problem.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 28, 2012 05:13AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I here all of you,but it sure bothers the hell out
> of me that this class warfare thing has reached a
> level of us against them.

Who is "us" and who is "them?"

Frankly, the concept of "class warfare" has nothing to do with jenkins being a talented/spoiled athlete or a bad kid.

>Then you have these
> athletes that just bring child after child into
> the world with the means to take care of them
> unless they make in the athletic profession sad
> really. I could go on, but I bet jenkins was
> raised without a father. When will this viscious
> cycle of one parent families ever be broken does
> anyone really know?

Well we know that educating poor people is a waste of time and money so that won't work. Maybe if you had to get a license or pass a civics/sex ed class in order to be allowed to father a child?

This is the problem when people have too much freedom. They do what they WANT to do not what we know is the right thing for them to do.

This is what happens in a nation where freedom and rights are extended to everyone. If only we'd held the line at women's suffrage. But what can you expect when you give women the vote, equal pay and equal rights, AND the ability to make choices on what to do with their own bodies?

Things were so much better when you could get a good wife for a goat and a few chickens. And the family unit so much better when you could smack her in the mouth when she stepped out of line.

> Whatever happened to being a
> responsible adult, and taking responsibilty of
> your actions where has that all gone in some
> segments of our population?

Some segments?

Name one segment of this society that doesn't fail miserably at this?

> This is why the
> athlete is way to pampered because no one can tell
> them NO. Do not have children out of wedlock or
> don not smoke weed or get into trouble heaven
> forbid he might not want to play for our college
> pathetic really. I even heard of coaches that
> have an abortion fund when will this madness end,
> and how bad do you really need to win at any and
> all cost? Alright I am off of my soap box just
> had to vent a little.

Yes ... Damn those kids for making so many adults who know better use them for their athletic skills to make a buck.

If only they were working 16 hours a day digging ditches and going to church everyday then they wouldn't fornicate so much.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 28, 2012 05:49AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 28, 2012 05:52AM

This thread has become beyond ridiculous.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.