HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Comp picks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Comp picks
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 15, 2012 09:16PM

Is there any semi-reliable way to estimate how many and what kind of comp draft picks a team might get? Is it based upon their playing time or contribution to the team? What round they were drafted in? Salary with former team? Whether or not they were a Patriot the year before?

I'm thinking we're going to lose Soliai, Henne, Carey, Will Allen, and Phillip Merling. We might lose Incognito, too. Who knows how many of them will be picked up by another team, but for sure Soliai and most likely Henne who will get a shot with a change of scenery.

I think there's a balance with how many/what kind of FAs we sign, so I don't think it can be calculated right now, but I'm wondering if we can even estimate it right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 09:47PM by tsstamper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Comp picks
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 16, 2012 04:57AM

Im not sure but i think there's no way to know for sure under the old formula. The picks that would be awarded for free agent losses this off season will be in the 2013 draft.

Of course...that could all have changed under the new CBA signed last summer.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: February 16, 2012 06:26AM

Historically, "Comp picks" is just another term for giving shit FREE to the cheats.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: February 16, 2012 09:57AM

Sure Fire Way to get Compensatory Picks:

1. Ask Bellicheat he gets tons every year.

2. Borrow his camera and get pictures of the decision makers who assign these picks in a formula known to almost no-one.

- I read it one time and it had nothing concrete.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.