HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          SR bowl practice news
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
SR bowl practice news
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 25, 2012 04:43PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SR bowl practice news
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 27, 2012 10:46AM

Thanks for the links. Interesting stuff.

If we switch to the 4-3 then I really hope we target Lavonte David from Nebraska. I'm a Nebraska fan and have watched every game he has played. He is a beast and would a great fit at OLB in the 4-3. He has great coverage skills and I don't think I've ever seen him miss a tackle. He is projected by most as a second round pick and I personally think he is a steal in the 2nd. I would not be surprised if he is one of the best 4-3 OLB in a few years.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 27, 2012 11:14AM

If we go to a 4-3, we're going to need a MLB. We already have 2 starters that can play OLB in a 4-3.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 27, 2012 11:55AM

I think Dansby might be able to play MLB but if he can't then I agree that we will need a MLB.
Also, would you rather pass on a potential pro bowl OLB just because we have Dansby and Burnett penciled in? I want BPA that fits our scheme. We need studs on defense. Besides Wake, we really don't have any, although Dansby and Starks have their moments.

By the way, I'm not saying David is going to be perennial pro bowler. I'm just saying that in principal if we are switching scheme then I want the BPA that fit our scheme. We can snag a few FA to fill in the holes.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 27, 2012 04:18PM

This is truly me seeking information. I haven't seen a Senior Bowl in years. Is it, as in the 70's and before, restricted to Seniors.

It used to be quite a thing in those days. But if it is now still restricted to Seniors, what does it mean when the overwhelming number of top prospects are Juniors and below?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 27, 2012 06:56PM

We are going to be using a 3-4 and 4-3 hybrid defense. Well.....I guess just both sets.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 28, 2012 04:14AM

Read Odrick & Wake as ends,Starks as DT

Solai odd man out

Watch Coples, Upshaw & Ingram today, might even look at a Michael Brockers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 28, 2012 05:31PM

BTW: Dansby's contract is quite high for a 4-3 OLB. If he CAN move to MLB, then he'll be worth it. If we have to pay big money for MLB, then Dansby will look overpaid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.