HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          good decision
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
good decision
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 20, 2012 06:29PM

this is better than mccoy. better to hire an assistant from a winning team than a losing one. better to hire a coach who runs the best offense in the nfl than the freakin option. better to hire someone who may bring in a QB who he knows and who has been successful in his system, than have to hear about whether we're gonna trade for tebow for the next few months.
good move. best of a bad situation anyway.
now let's hope he doesn't turn into a loser like cam cameron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: good decision
Date: January 20, 2012 07:23PM

We really had no choice but to pick an unknown. And Philbin is as good as anyone at this point I guess. Time shall tell..........(SIGH). confused smiley

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: January 20, 2012 07:29PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 21, 2012 01:33AM

So really, nobody knows what gonna happen with Clements....according to that article.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 21, 2012 04:37AM

#1 we got rid of Saprano. Check.

#2 New Coach , comes from a winning background . Check.

#3 New QB. franchise Hopeful. To be determined, but I'm liking the odds this time.

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better off then we were last year at this time. Thats all we can hope for. To keep improving.

Date: January 21, 2012 05:15AM

too soon to say if we're improving with this move, but sometimes change for change sake is good. we had gone as far as we could under tony and had already begun to regress. at least there is hope in the unknown

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: January 21, 2012 05:27AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> #1 we got rid of Saprano. Check.
>
> #2 New Coach , comes from a winning background .
> Check.
>
> #3 New QB. franchise Hopeful. To be determined,
> but I'm liking the odds this time.
>
> WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better off then we were
> last year at this time. Thats all we can hope
> for. To keep improving.

smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 21, 2012 05:59AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 21, 2012 06:35AM

Another point about this decision – I’m really a bit puzzled as to what this teams “identity” will be under Philbin. Are we planning on implementing “Philbin’s system,” or is he flexible (adaptable) enough to utilize and maximize the personnel we already have?

I mean since we had the stated goal of finding another Shula, I kind of except Philbin to get the most out of what we have as opposed to forcing his system on the existing program (with the associated fall-out of finding players that fit another spec) .

Put another way –was Philbin brought here to take an existing system, refine it and make it more productive? Or is he simply here to install Green Bay ala South Beach ?

It would be interesting to know what the expectations are between him, Ross and Ireland.
I hope someone asks the question what his initial plan regarding the architecture of the offense?

Date: January 21, 2012 06:40AM

I imagine he is brining in GB's system. Which would be a good thing I think. I can see him taking GB offensive staff with him, since the OC here would get to call plays, but the GB OC doesn't get to that

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 21, 2012 07:23AM

Been reading up on him a bit. Highly respected, also has a strong presence in any room he enters.

I feel comfortable knowing at least that this guy is an expert with X's & O's and formulating game plans. That's something I'm sure will benefit this team, regardless of who our starting 2012 QB will be.

Also very experienced with O'line coaching so I think we'll be kissing Columbo goodbye. Something tells me he's better than Tony at judging talent in that department.

My own first impression - definitely looks like a coach, and I highly doubt he'll be fist pumping at kicking Sparanos all day.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 21, 2012 07:31AM

We need to hope he brings Clements with.

But, the only way Clements comes, is if Philbin allows Clements to call plays.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: January 21, 2012 07:36AM

It's funny I just can't help but equate "offensive guru" offensive coordinator as HC to Cam Cameron. But then I take a second to think and realize that Philbin isn't going to be installing Cam Cameron's 165lb weak speedster offense that gets crushed. Philbin is an offensive guy but he's bringing a high-powered offensive mindsight thats proven successful with him that I don't think includes tiny speed guys running sweep running plays starting 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and ending 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

The guy looks a little old and reserved and doesn't seem to fit that tough guy Harbaugh model that players rally behind, but all indications from current GB players seem to be positive about the guy, so I'm trying to be hopeful.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 21, 2012 07:44AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We need to hope he brings Clements with.
>
> But, the only way Clements comes, is if Philbin
> allows Clements to call plays.

That is very likely to happen, as Philbin wasn't actually calling the plays at GB. He was just designing them and making the weekly game plan. Just the mastermind if you will.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 21, 2012 09:15AM

Financial oriented decision, easier to dump after a few years!

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 21, 2012 11:13AM

Time will tell

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.