HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          bye bye Nolan
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
bye bye Nolan
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 10:05AM

he just signed with Falcons. Hits just keep coming with this org!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bye bye Nolan
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 17, 2012 10:07AM

I'm all over twitter and didn't see that? I thought he was under contract with us still?

Date: January 17, 2012 10:11AM

Benjamin Volin @BenVolinPBP
n
RT @JayGlazer: The Falcons have hired Mike Nolan as their new defensive coord. Solid, solid hire

Date: January 17, 2012 10:14AM

I stand corrected, what about those reports we had control of his contract? BS I guess.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 10:14AM

F*ck......that means Ireland and Ross let him walk..We controled his destiny not him....SO f*ck face rat boy, just let him walk....F*ck me....I might have just officaly bailed on this team...WTF is Ireland thinking.....
Obviously this means our next HC is Zimmer....WTF....WTF ...WTF....that is a downgrade across the board...WTF .....i am pissed the F*ck off

Date: January 17, 2012 10:17AM

sorry, how could we control where Nolan went? his contract was up, and I never heard of an "option" year for a coach

yes Zimmer will be the next HC, as I predicted all along ONLY b/c of his ties to Ireland and DAL

you guys ready for another decade of futility?

Date: January 17, 2012 10:21AM

This actually doesn't surprise me, he's become a hired gun and why would he want to stick around for a new regime (assuming the new HC would even retain him). I've heard nothing but good things about Zimmer, hire him.

Date: January 17, 2012 10:24AM

Nolan was under contract, in a multi year contract, the Dolphins at each offseason had an option at their sole discretion for next year. He was under contract... The only way he could sign as not as HC anywhere was if the dolphins choose not to renew...Nolan had no control over his destiny... He couldnt even interview for DC position without us....

We choose Zimmer over Nolan IMO...WHich is fail.... Nolans is wdiely considered the best DC in the bizness.... Ireland is a f*cking idiot.....and Ross is p*ssy for not only letting him keep his job, but continueing to empower him...ZImmer is buddies with Ireland....

Date: January 17, 2012 10:28AM

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: January 17, 2012 10:30AM

It should not be a surprise to anyone. When you fire a head coach, the new guy always gets to bring in his own staff.

Although, sometimes you don't get a complete turnover...it is to be expected.

We are starting from scratch as soon as we can find the next head coach. And I'm anxious for them to get it done because we have a lot of work to do in the off-season.

Date: January 17, 2012 10:31AM

I am just frustrated, the only thing that was positive and we could hang our hat on, was what Nolan had done with our defense over the last 2 years..... Now what, we risk, that, and have no idea what is going to happen on offense...And we are getting a defensive minded coach....Great....just shoot me know.... Ross is an idiot....this is gonna be alot more bad press for Ross and Ireland..... Zimmer is an Ireland tow the company line guy.....this is not what we needed....the only positive is Zimmer does replaces Tony's ability to get the players to respect him..but how well did that work out when we had that type of guy?.. All things considered firing Tony, letting Nolan go, has been much worse for this organization, then if they had kept them.... Sorry that is what i felt a couple months ago, and this is what I feel even more now....

Date: January 17, 2012 10:33AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Nolan was under contract, in a multi year
> contract, the Dolphins at each offseason had an
> option at their sole discretion for next year"
>
> Wouldn't this be every coaches contract? They can
> be let go at any time?

yes they can but Nolans deal, meant if we choose not to renew or fire him, he would not be enitled to collect the rest of the money on his contract..... When Tony got fired, he gets all of his contract or a buy out for a substantial amount... Nolan got alot of money every year, but was not guranteed more then his current years contract... We paid for this right, with $ he wanted....

Date: January 17, 2012 10:35AM

Date: January 17, 2012 10:35AM

We will be paying Sparano big money for the next 2 years while he gameplans and coaches against us with the Jets... Way to go...Maybe we would offer to help Mike Westhoffs contract for the jets as well.... might as well....

Date: January 17, 2012 10:42AM

Date: January 17, 2012 10:46AM

ArmandoSalguero Armando Salguero
The Dolphins lose Mike Nolan to Atlanta. Nolan, a prideful guy, was unhappy he wasn't interviewed for the Miami HC job:

So it sounds like the only way he would of been happy is as HC???? No thanks!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 17, 2012 10:48AM

When did the Phins have to make the decision regarding whether to keep Nolan or not. I would have tried to at least let the new head coach decide whether to keep him or not. Our defense hasn't been absolutely stellar, but it's been very good under him...especially if you discount the 5-7 games to start this year when players were in terrible condition and simply couldn't consistently execute his defense.

Date: January 17, 2012 10:48AM

Sean Smith-)twitter feed after nolan announcement)
As a fan of NFL football I am so interested in what the Dolphins are gonna do with their staff/draft..... As a PLAYER....lol ummmmmmm nevermind

I'll leave my thoughts and opinions on that stuff to myself and teammates....

Oh ya the players seem thrilled about the mess Ireland and Ross are creating.....

Date: January 17, 2012 10:51AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> ArmandoSalguero Armando Salguero
> The Dolphins lose Mike Nolan to Atlanta. Nolan, a
> prideful guy, was unhappy he wasn't interviewed
> for the Miami HC job:
>
> So it sounds like the only way he would of been
> happy is as HC???? No thanks!

Look at the interview I posted with him. Nolans says he doesnt want to be a HC right now...SO what you say goes contrary to what Nolan just said in the article I posted... Armando is a moron, please dont ever reference him to me..... the guy is like women when it comes to football knowledge, sometime he has the bathroom gossip, but most of the time he is lost

Date: January 17, 2012 10:52AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 17, 2012 10:53AM

A bit of a surprise but I kind of anticipated the possibility the way things have played out. We never heard once any kind of big endorsement by Ross or Ireland regarding Nolan, as far as “we’d like to keep Nolan as our DC and hope that can happen” etc.

This also wipes the slate clean for whoever they bring as HC to assemble his own staff, which is normal protocol anyway. However I assume there’s the possibility Bowles could get the nod as DC.

The D was up and down this year, and in general underperformed expectations a bit. But still, we all pretty much agree we lost our best coach… More work to be done…

Date: January 17, 2012 10:55AM

Date: January 17, 2012 10:59AM

IDK Crowder, maybe Sporano was still here when he said that, maybe he had a clause that if the HC was fired he could bolt (probably did), who the hell knows? But the constant whining about Ireland is getting old, NEWSFLASH: HE AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE, GET OVER IT!

Date: January 17, 2012 11:07AM

Ireland just let our best coach walk... after a magnitude of other errors and missteps over the last 2 months...Sorry if I am a little bit pissed off.... As soon as there is something to support, I would gladly do it... Please tell me?

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 17, 2012 11:18AM

That's too bad ... he was the one bright spot on the coaching staff.

Thos organization has a lot of catching up to do. I thought when Tony was fired early that they would move quickly and end up with a quality coaching team.

They hung around long enough to make Nolan feel disrespected and left with no idea if the guy he'd be working for was good for him, or even give him an interview.

**** I long for the days of Joe Robbie, Shula and a decent QB, a defense, and a hard nose work ethic. I have struggle to related with this group anymore **** sad smiley

Date: January 17, 2012 11:22AM

Zimmer is a 4-3 guy, Nolan is a 3-4 hybrid guy.....2 differnt philosophies.... To me it is not that bad...If we had to replace Nolan, Zimmer is the best guy to do it..... i am just not sure Zimmer is the best HC option for our team..

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 17, 2012 11:23AM

Like I said, Ireland should have been fired with Sparano. Come to think of it, PUH-LEEZE, SOMEBODY FIRE ROSS!

Date: January 17, 2012 11:42AM

uhhh, Zimmers D was like mid-pack in the league, and it's not like they don't have some talent...

He's 55 already... Get someone at least 10 years younger!''

Date: January 17, 2012 11:46AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> uhhh, Zimmers D was like mid-pack in the league,
> and it's not like they don't have some talent...
>
> He's 55 already... Get someone at least 10 years
> younger!''

In Dallas his last couple year, Zimmer had the top rated defense in the league

Date: January 17, 2012 11:49AM

OMG more Dallas recycled stuff???

Does it ever end???

I still want someone a LOT younger. Reach for a college coach if necessary. Boom or bust. No play safe crap...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.