HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Choices
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Choices
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 05, 2012 02:16PM

My personal choice is Gruden but it looks pretty certain that he will not come here.

So, Fisher is #2 on the list but what to do about QB if he comes here...I say keep Moore and sign Tannehill or Foles in the second round to back him up. That leaves our #1 to improve the offense or the defense and we should keep Daboll.

Philbin is my #3 choice and if we get him I'd condone signing Flynn as a potential starter, or failing that, again keeping Moore and signing Tannehill or Foles in the second round. The question in this scenario is what to do about an offensive coordinator.

#4 IMHO is Charmichael...

In any event at this point I think we're better off NOT trading up for Griffin.

It'll be interesting to see where we go...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Choices
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 06, 2012 09:15PM

Philbin + Flynn could have a really interesting dynamic, though not one I necessarily think is good.

If we hire Philbin and he pushes to get Flynn as our new starting QB, then his runway should be pretty short in terms of Ross's patience. That should be where the rubber meets the road, and we shouldn't have to wait too long before we find out if the decision was good or bad. If the offense struggles...more pointedly, if it isn't one of the top 10 in the NFL...in the first year, then year 2 should be his last if it doesn't turn. This, of course, excludes extenuating circumstances.

Again, I'm not sure it's a good dynamic. But, it's more attractive to me than Fisher stringing together 3 or 4 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 seasons. I'm probably on the "what does anyone really see in Fisher" bandwagon, so I may be a little jaded that way.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 07, 2012 06:18AM

My list With jon Gruden and Cowher staying in the broadcast booth my list is:

Fisher
Jay Gruden
Perte Carmichael Jr.

I'm not really interested in Philbin or Chudzinski or Taub.

We can't talk to Gruden or Carmichael until they lose. So that could be weeks down the road.

This might take a while. People should begin to manage their expectations in that regard.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 07, 2012 06:58AM

I read reports Gruden was coaching again, was that all BS?

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 07, 2012 07:15AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read reports Gruden was coaching again, was that
> all BS?

Yeah...he was interested whe we were 0-7 and looking at a top 2 pick in a year when Luck, Griffin , Barkley and Jones were likely to enter the draft.

Not so much after we close 6-3, drop to the 8/9th pick and Barkely and Jones go back to school.

Gruden isn't stupid. He wanted this job. But he knows you don't win consistently in this league without a franchise QB and he knows in Matt Moore we don't have one, and that with the 8/9th pick we aren't getting one in the draft.

So he punts. He takes the easy money at ESPN and waits until next year to see if an opportunity opens up where he can win out of the gate.

Lets put it this way. Gruden (et al) isn't interested in our job. But if the Giants job opens up in a few weeks...he'll be interested again.

Can't say that I blame him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.