HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kirk Ferentz
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Kirk Ferentz
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 03, 2012 04:45AM

I think that if I were Ireland, and I did not land Fisher or Gruden or Cowher then maybe perhaps I would try to lure ferentz from Iowa to the pro ranks. I think he could make the leap, and would be a very good pro coach. Now the problem is does he want to make the jump, and will he pull a Nick Saban? I mean he's got a 169lb tailback against the Oklahoma defense, and they lost big, but it should of been alot worse. I think Ferentz could be the next good coach for our team. I hold off using the word great because no one will ever be as great as Don Shula was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kirk Ferentz
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 04:49AM

it doesn't seem like his teams have won all the much in college. pass

Date: January 03, 2012 05:02AM

His record at Iowa 96-66 in a state where they don't have alot of talent in which to recruit from. I already looked up his record. His winning percentage int the pro's would be right atb 9.52 wins a season. Can he do better with the talent that he gets in the pro's with the draft and free agency? I think he can, and will if given the shot to coach a pro team.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 03, 2012 06:22AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that if I were Ireland, and I did not land
> Fisher or Gruden or Cowher then maybe perhaps I
> would try to lure ferentz from Iowa to the pro
> ranks. I think he could make the leap, and would
> be a very good pro coach. Now the problem is does
> he want to make the jump, and will he pull a Nick
> Saban? I mean he's got a 169lb tailback against
> the Oklahoma defense, and they lost big, but it
> should of been alot worse. I think Ferentz could
> be the next good coach for our team. I hold off
> using the word great because no one will ever be
> as great as Don Shula was.

I was wondering when that name would pop up. Seems like he's been linked to pro jobs for the last 25 years.

I don't get it.

He's a good, not great college coach.

What makes anyone think he'll be a great Pro head coach at this point other than the fact that he's from the belichick coaching tree (not that that's an indication of pro success)?

He's shown NO desire to get to the NFL and win there...none. why would you want to hand over our future to him?

Date: January 03, 2012 01:01PM

Because if you have someone that has a sound understanding of the fundamentals of the game then that is half of the battle to coaching. The other half is getting the players to buy into your system, and getting the right assistant coaches, and players in place to impliment your vision of what kind of team you expect to be. Clearly Sparano did not have that niether did Cameron. It does start with having a top tier QB. Look at the teams in the playoffs this year, and their QB's. Packers, Rodgers, Giants Manning, Falcons, Ryan, Saints , Brees, Lions, Stafford 49ers, Smith who could be considered the worse one out of this bunch but still had a damn good year. The AFC Patriots, Brady Steelers, Rothlesberger Ravens Flacco, Broncos, Tebow Texans, Yates, Bengals. Dalton. Out of that group the AFC has inferior talent with Tebow being the worst out of the bunch then Dalton and Yates a close second and third. It would seem based on the QB's that the nfc has an advantage over the AFc when it comes to winning superbowls. their QB taent is much better than that of the AFC me thinks.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2012 01:09PM

He not been dominant in a weak conference. So, why does this make sense? It doesnt.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 03, 2012 02:46PM

Once again you're attacking just pointiong out how if you have a capable QB on your roster how much easie that makes getting to the playoffs. What is so wrong about that? Oh I know the fact that it is coming from someone informed that it's

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 03:04PM

if it's gonna be a college coach it at least has to be someone who won something in college. i mean, i remember when we hired cam camoron and they said his only HC experience he had a losing record at Indiana. major red flag. His excuse also was the Indiana always suck so what do you expect? there's a ton of schools with no history of winning (e.g., stanford) who turned it around under a coach. And even successful coaches in college usually have trouble in the pros (spurrier, petrino, saban). So I say pass on a college coach, especially this one.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2012 03:17PM

I love you finshady.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 05:13PM

berk. stanford also had andrew luck so thats not really an apt example. i would be fine with Ferentz but I am not in love with that hire. His teams always have talent but not top talent. They are perennial underachievers or overachievers depending on the their expectations. they make a BCS game every three or four seasons.

its a moot point because he is not leaving. he has been giving plenty of chances to leave in the past and coaching in the NFL is, apparently, not one of his goals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.