HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chances at a top qb...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chances at a top qb...
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 21, 2011 12:44PM

I dont know if i agree we should use our first pick on a qb but i find the topic interesting...

right now colts (1-13), rams (2-12), and vikings (2-12) WILL all pick before us.

Then there is a back log of teams that right now have 4-6 wins which at the end of the season we will fall somewhere in between. So not including tie breaking procedures lets look at them...

Bucs, jacVille, and clevland are all (4-10),
Dolphins, redskins, panthers, and bills are (5-9)
Chiefs are 6-10 (dont count the eagles, dont see them losing 2)

That is 10 teams: Rams and vikings i dont think will pick a qb but the colts should grab the best qb on the board.

Bucs, jacVille both have qb's and one might argue that colt mccoy is the browns franchise guy...

Of the next row panthers have cam, bills just signed fitzpatrick to a hefty deal and if shanahan is still there he has a history of getting older qb's and hates young qb so unless he changes his pattern he will not get a qb.

Chiefs have castle (dont know contract situation), just got orton, and just drafted ricki stanzy this year (rookie out of iowa).

So insummary the only team which will surely get a qb is the colts. The redskins, browns and chiefs are question marks and we have a good shot of finishing ahead of atleast one if not two of them...

THoughts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chances at a top qb...
Date: December 21, 2011 12:46PM

in otherwords, in my opinion i dont think three qb's will go off the board before we pick...

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 21, 2011 12:51PM

see the other 10 threads on this

botton line is we will need to trade to 2 or 3 to get barkly or griffin

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 21, 2011 12:54PM

they will reppa. shanahan took cutler in the top half of the first round so its not like he never takes top rookie qbs. skins will definitely pick a QB probably favoring Barkley. chiefs are a toss up as it depends a lot on the new HC but we will probably draft ahead of them anyway and thus have better position in a trade up.

browns are the most interesting because i think they might just keep McCoy and build around him for another season or two. McCoy has actually done a nice job considering his best WR is Josh Cribbs. the browns are literally devoid of any playmakers so it would not shock me to see them try to grab justin blackmon or trent richardson.

Date: December 21, 2011 01:07PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:24PM

if there is 1 thing certain, it is that WAS is taking a QB in the 1st round. not even debatable. their qbs are rex grossman and john beck!!!

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 22, 2011 05:59AM

We can't afford to hope one of them falls to us at 8 or 10.

Teams that need a QB are Colts, Dolphins, Redskins...so it looks great, but, some team may be ready to pull the plug on their guy and trade up to get a guy.

Tony Romo could find some rookie competition next season since he chokes in the clutch.

Ryan Fitzpatrick pooped his pants once he got his contract. The Bills can avoid a $5 million dollar bonus by voiding his contract. It would cost them $7.5 Million next year to continue with the Fitzpatrick experiement. they might....or they could say they are happy with him and then jump us for RG3.

Take no chances. The #3 spot is the lowest spot we can trade up to and guarantee getting one of the 3 QB's. Do It

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:01AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We can't afford to hope one of them falls to us at
> 8 or 10.

Before i read this i was going to post QUOTE: we cant just sit and pray one of the top qbs fall to us we have to make a move. Its now or never.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.