HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I want an offensive minded coach
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I want an offensive minded coach
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 15, 2011 12:54PM

Let me reinterate. This team needs a coach who will stretch the field vertically, and throw the damn ball at will when ever this team needs too and wants too. It's as simple as that. To win in this league consitantly that is what team's need. That and the ablity too run the ball in the 4th quarter with a lead if need be. When was the last time this team could that consistantly? It had too be since Marino was playing. This talk of hiring Cowher or Fisher NO. We need an offensive minded coach, and we need to leave Nolan alone to make our defense even better. I feel this is the best recipe for success with this team, and in this league. Also before I forget drafting a viable QB or trading for one is also a major step that this team needs to take in order for this team to make the jump from mediocrity to playoff contenders each and every year. With these pieces in place this team can, and will be very good starting next year. Do you guys agree with my assessment of what we need, and who we hire?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want an offensive minded coach
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:04PM

i do agree with that, and if you want to keep nolan, then billick would seem to be the guy
of course, billick did draft kyle boller in the 1st round ....

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:20PM

Last time we went for an "offensive-minded" coach we ended up with Cam Cameron.

I want a leader. I want a disciplined coach. I want a rational coach who will work with the talent we have and let coordinators do their job rather than bring in a "system". I don't want an "offensive-minded" coach.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:38PM

Gruden/Fisher, Billick, Chudzinski/Jay Gruden, you can flip flop the first 2 and the last 2.

Date: December 15, 2011 01:41PM

jay gruden was coaching in the arena league 2 years ago. if his last name was smith he wouldn't even be a consideration. I will wait to see him succeed in the nfl for a few years before I want him as HC of this team

Date: December 15, 2011 01:45PM

And Harbaugh was coaching Stanford last year, so........

Date: December 15, 2011 02:54PM

are you comparing coaching a top 5 D-1 college team to coaching the Florida Tuskerrs? really??

Date: December 15, 2011 03:16PM

Na, just trying to make a point that it really doesn't matter what someone did in their previous stints. I'm not advocating Jay Gruden as my #1 choice, but i'd rather have him then a half dozen other possible choices. He's got Dalton playing pretty good as a rookie (and we all hope we'll have one to groom here next year), he's a young offensive minded coach who would get some serious help/input from his brother. I'd rather take my chances on that then N Turner/W Philips/M Martz/J McDaniels etc.
And Stanford's not a perennial top 5 program, alot of people were skeptical if Harbaugh would transition into the NFL like he apparently has.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:40PM

yes stanford was not a perrenial top 5 program but harbaugh made it one. another reason why there is no comparing harbaugh's resume's to jay gruden's

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 15, 2011 03:54PM

I'd like to have an offensive minded coach as well...especially if Nolan gets to stay.

That's why I'd be willing to roll the dice on Philbin or Carmichael.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 15, 2011 03:58PM

You know whats funny!?

Tony Sparano was an "offensive-minded coach". He was Dallas's O-line Coach.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 15, 2011 05:15PM

not at all a and o. sporano was just a meathead oline coach who got the job b/c he was parcells' bro---he wouldn't have even gotten an interview otherwise

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 15, 2011 05:56PM

absolutely true! Bill picked someone who would come in and be his mini-me. No one was interviewing Sparano.

We don't need an Offensive minded coach. we need a great Head Coach who knows when his OC is on the right track and let's him do his thing and when the OC needs to adjust things.

We need someone who is not cautious. You can be aggressive on O and D.

I want a HC who knows how to bring people together, weed out the problems, take a risk with some unknown guys...but MOST of ALL....

I want a Coach who knows how to DEVELOP PLAYERS!!! That's how you win. get 53 guys playing better than when you got them...playing at their potential....!

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 15, 2011 06:22PM

How about an offensive minded coach who can evaluate talent. Not a coach like Cam Cameron or someone else who would not see the forest filled with trees,but still continue to drive right through it. We need an offensive minded coach who can coach not be a care taker like Cameron was that would be a grave mistake. Their is talk that the pick could be Marc Trestman any thoughts on him. I don't know much about him except some say he is an offensive minded genius. Too me that would be a good place to start our search with someone like that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.