HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          jake long
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
jake long
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:43AM

back injuries are really tricky. I hope this isn't a career affecting thing. I would hate that the take away from this lost season is we lose our best player

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: jake long
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:58AM

it all depends on what is causing the lower back injury i suppose, muscles, spasms etc, or something more serious like discs

Date: December 11, 2011 09:05AM

we are seeing how important long is to the O. since he's gone out, it hasn't looked very good on O

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 11, 2011 09:07AM

well just hope we dont add carey to that list

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 09:11AM

Long is the anchor and key to our offensive line, we are in trouble with out him

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 01:42PM

The fact that we are in trouble without him is a perfect example of Ireland's and Sparano's inability to sign and field a quality o-line after 4 years of drafts and free agency. If I were the owner, I'd consider telling the new GM/HC to trade Long; he's been injured too often to be reliable anymore.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 12, 2011 05:15AM

Gofins60 wrote: "The fact that we are in trouble without him is a perfect example of Ireland's and Sparano's inability to sign and field a quality o-line after 4 years of drafts and free agency. If I were the owner, I'd consider telling the new GM/HC to trade Long; he's been injured too often to be reliable anymore."

Agree in part and disagree in part.

Long needs to anchor the O-line for several more years; we need a top flight back up to relieve him from time to time adding depth to the position. Sparano appears to think superficially in this regard. We had time to get a vet back up at LT over the past few years to solidify the position.

Date: December 12, 2011 05:19AM

can anyone see where this is going? offensive line depth exposed on the same day ireland is reported as coming back = another 1st round OT!! woo hoo!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 12, 2011 06:15AM

Back injuries are terrible injuries. One second you ok, the next , you in pain. Imagine you could hurt your back by sneezing. Terrible injury.

Date: December 12, 2011 07:32AM

Game went seriously downhill after he left. Remember Daryll Gardner? he was never the same and eventually retired after a lower back injury. confused smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 12, 2011 07:57AM

Jake's a tough dude, i'm sure he'll try to play again, they need to shut him down now. No sense in causing anymore damage for meaningless games.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 12, 2011 08:01AM

A back injury effectively killed Larry Bird's career. This could be very bad.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 12, 2011 08:19AM

Dolphaholic.........its not a matter of been tough....Noone and i mean noone could play this game with a serious backpain.

It hurts like hell trust me ive been there.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 12, 2011 10:25AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jake's a tough dude, i'm sure he'll try to play
> again, they need to shut him down now. No sense in
> causing anymore damage for meaningless games.

Hey...it's like Deja Vu. Didn't the same thing happen LAST YEAR? Is Long doomed to being one of those guys that never completes and entire season?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.