HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ireland to return
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ireland to return
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 02:39PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ireland to return
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 02:59PM

im fine with it as long as ireland drafts a franchise QB next year. ireland has added quite a bit of talent to the team and only a needs really stand out. his biggest criticism is not addressing qb last off season but when you look at it, moore panned out and we got a lot of good players in that draft.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 11, 2011 03:15PM

yeah i agree, in my opinion when it comes to building from the draft i believe that that we are in the top 5. When you look at like what 70% of our roster has been drafted undrafted FA since 2008 (since he has been here). I only want sparano to stop being so damn conservative. I hope we did enough that they dont blow it up.

We drafted henne, i thought based on his michigan pedigree that he could be our franchise guy, i have not given up on him yet but if we go qb in the first i cant be mad...

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 11, 2011 03:33PM

Well, hopefully this commitment won't cause us to miss out on a top-flight coach. I hate to think Fisher or Gruden go elsewhere because they don't want to work with Ireland.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 11, 2011 04:06PM

Yes, Ireland has done a good job when you actually look at the picks that were his...Parcells' picks don't really count against him.

1st: Mike Pouncey (c), Great pick so far.

2nd: Daniel Thomas (Rcool smiley, Very, very, promising pick so far.

4th: Edmond Gates (WR), Improving, but jury still out.

6th: Charles Clay (Fcool smiley, Looks promising so far.

7th: Frank Kearse (DT), ????????????

7th: Jimmy Wilson (Dcool smiley, Very good pick so far.

So, 50% very good to great picks.

Plus another two that could be really good picks.

Good job in my book.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 06:17PM

why would they even make this decision now re keeping ireland? all this does is limit the HC we can hire, the "name" HCs would want to bring in, or at least have input in, the guy making the personnel decisions. if we can't get anyone better than ireland in the offseason, he's not going anywhere anyway.
just more stupidity from this organization.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: December 11, 2011 07:01PM

Ken???? seriously???? thomas and clay and gates??? thomas hasnt done shit, clay had one game and gates for being so fast is a god damn joke... cmon man seriously??? look at the facts not what potential there is

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 11, 2011 07:42PM

Thomas was injured the first half of the season and is a rookie...he's been improving. It's also not unheard of for rookies to hit the wall this time of the year. He's also had to play second fiddle to very effective Reggie Bush. Clay has made plays and he has done good things...but he isn't starting so what he gets to do has been very limited. However, when he's had the chances he's made plays. Gates has also been improving, but he was a bit raw when we drafted him so it's no wonder he's been playing special teams mostly. He's also learning and has been open deep many times this season...that's a very big part of his job and he's doing it.

You have to look at the potential of rookies when they don't get regular playing time...dosen't change the fact that they have been improving.

Oh, and even the best GM's "routinely" hit on only 30-40% of thier draft picks, year in and year out...Ireland certainly hit on 50% last year (his only with total say so) and that may go up once Gates, Clay, and Thomas get more playing time. Facts are Ireland has done a good job.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: December 12, 2011 03:09AM

Ireland is an idiot. He supposedly is sparanos best friend and he does the crap with the owner? the best coordinator he could find for his friend is doghnut? cmon, y doesnt he pick up the freakin phone on game day and say " hey doughnut, lets try a different damn play on 3rd and 4th down?? or hey tony my man go put your foot up doughnuts ass and start coaching this game??? everyone everyone accepts mediocrity and its bullshit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.