HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          TEs
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
TEs
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 21, 2011 10:02AM

I think one big key to the recent offensive success is the use of our TEs in the passing game. Fasano makes tough catches and has sticky hands in the end zone, and Clay is a younger and probably better version of David Martin that enables Fasano to excel. It reminds me a bit of 08 when Pennington was masterful with his use of the TEs.

Props to the OL in pass protection that allows both of them to run routes.

It does seem as though the use of those two and Bush in the passing game has marginalized the overall contribution of our WR corps, but I'm not sure that's a terrible thing. I like the options and I really like that Moore seems to be good at choosing the right options at the right time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TEs
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 10:23AM

IMO A good Qb and offense will exploit the weakness of the defense, and I think the TE's are unpredicatble tough matchups for the defense, just like Bush... Most teams dont have a good answer for them, bring a safety over, then you leave a cb one on one with Marshall.
Then you have the fact that Fasano can block a LB, but a LB'er is gonna have problems covering him and a safety is gonna have a tough time tackling him in open field if he is running with the ball. So the only way to deal with him is zone, which allows the Qb's to exploit the seams or breaks in the zones...

I am curious to see how Rob Ryan is going to game plan against us... If they try and take the TE's out of it, Bush and Marshall will have a big game...

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 21, 2011 08:43PM

Yep - I hope Marshall is ready when his number is called. He added another dropped TD, and he dropped a 3rd down conversion over the middle. Gannon even mentioned that Marshall can get disinterested if he's not being fed early and often. I'm not saying that this was certainly the case on Sunday, as he was sharing in the excitement of the scoring...didn't seem sour or anything. Just something for him to remember if he finds himself in the 3rd quarter with 5 yards, but Ryan adjusts to the TEs.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 22, 2011 06:58AM

I do think that Marshall has a slight case of "attention deficit." On every pass play he need's to believe the ball will be coming his way and not to think otherwise when the ball goes to another receiver.

Spreading the ball around to "catching" receivers makes the offense all the more difficult to defend.

TEs use their size/bulk to screen smaller defensive players from the ball and can punish a DB for trying to take the ball from them. TE is one of my favorite positions. Fasano is doing a good job, blocking and catching. I wish we had Tony Scheffler at TE too.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 10:57AM

You guys are right, there is incredible stat on Marshall, that shows if he doesnt catch a pass in the first Qt or involved early, he normally dissappears... We use to game plan against him when he was in Denver was to play him tight and aggressive with lots of players bumping him the first half to take him out of the game for the second... I watched Moore, he looked at Marshall first on alot of reads, but it was way to early, almost like a distraction to make the safety run towards him and then throw to the 2 or 3 option. Moores is good like that, his eyes are all over the place and he gives a strong look to a reciever he never plans to throw to right after the ball is snapped in attempt to look off the guy he is really going to throw the ball..

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 04:31PM

Fasano is actually decent, if you use him. Clay adds even more athleticism and a decent deep threat against linebackers

Date: November 26, 2011 04:49PM

Need to land Barkley, Griffin, or Jones

and add Jeff Fuller or Dwight Jones and Coby Fleener

Posted by: EpicDolphinFan ()
Date: November 27, 2011 04:43AM

I want Kellen Moore lol another Moore since we cant acquire Luck!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 27, 2011 04:52AM

No. Kellen Moore is not an NFL QB. That left handed throwing motion he has is garbage.

Barkley or RGIII.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 04:54AM

kellen moore=danny weurful, josh heupel, etc

Date: November 27, 2011 08:48AM

Some say Tyler Wilson and Ryan Tannehill of Texas A&M are moving up, Wilson some like ahead of Jones.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 09:12AM

gil brandt, who knows everything, likes Tannehill a lot, possibly for miami

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 28, 2011 12:32PM

EpicDolphinFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want Kellen Moore lol another Moore since we
> cant acquire Luck!

You just love that we cant aquire lock dont ya?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.