HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          4 man front Wake, Starks, Solia and Odrick
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
4 man front Wake, Starks, Solia and Odrick
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 01:32PM

That combination lined up today were very hard to stop, got tremendous penetration and contained the run well... This line up is a big bunch of powerful dudes that get an incredible push into the QB's grill... I like the 4-3 alot, we just need to get the MLB's playing more consistent football... But damn not many teams have the strength and size to match up to these guys coming all at once...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 01:33PM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 4 man front Wake, Starks, Solia and Odrick
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 01:43PM

odrick looks good. he should be starting. if we switch to a 4-3 do we have the personnel for it? I think we should switch next year, we've got a glut of DL and short on LBs, makes sense no?

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:08PM

Not sure about 4-3. we are playing pretty well with the 3-4 right now and i am interested to see how the d finishes the season. if they continue to play at a high level then i see no reason to make the switch. i do agree that some more 4-3 elements may be beneficial as we have a lot of talented dlineman and burnett and dansby are very versatile. if we make the switch i don't see a place for misi unless he has more range and coverage skills than i am giving him credit for. i am really interested to see how we defend Witten next week as good TE's are usually are achilles heel

Date: November 20, 2011 03:26PM

We played alot of 4-3 today. That lineup was our most effective and it was a 4-3, with Starks and SOlia as DT and Wake and Odrick playing the ends... It was bad to the bone, from what I saw we played alot more in the 4-3 then 3-4 today but I need to go back and watch the tape to confirm the exact amount of plays in that formation

Date: November 20, 2011 03:52PM

interesting, how did soliai do in the 4-3? also, has langford returned to his form of last season or has he continued to struggle?

i only get to watch bits and pieces of games so i have not really been able to judge.

as for the formation, i hope we use various fronts as we have the talent and versatility in the front 7 to do so. this will only make the d harder to prepare for and harder to predict and it should allow the d to be more able to take advantage of certain matchups and situations.

i am liking the defense a lot right now and I only wish we had a stud FS to plug in and we would pretty much be set on D.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 03:53PM

no matter what we need to keep solai or get a 1st round pick for him in trade. this means signing him to the franchise tag again, I guess

Date: November 20, 2011 03:58PM

Our MLB play is more of a concern then safety to me. Burnett sucks IMO, and Danby plays hit or miss. In our defense we need better play from the MLB's, and that would be a concern we need to address this offseason IMO, even more so then FS

Date: November 20, 2011 04:11PM

agreed. i would rather just sign him to a deal. the franchise tag will eat into the cap so much that it will be impossible to sign any prized FA.

Date: November 20, 2011 04:20PM

gotta disagree there crowder. burnett and dansby have been playing lights out these last few weeks. i guess we will need to wait to see if they can keep it up but im betting they will. remember it takes time to gel in their positions. besides, we just paid them both pretty good sized contracts. if we cut one of them then we take a big cap hit. if we sign another MLB then we are investing too much money in one position. i agree that they are a concern but i think that they are becoming less of a concern every week they play consistently good.

how much of a concern is FS to you?

also, you have to admit that they both have been playing very well lately.

Date: November 21, 2011 02:52AM

Date: November 21, 2011 05:16PM

crowder, don't take me out of context. i said lights out in the past few games. your ranking is for the whole season. i agree they both sucked to start the year but so did the whole defense. they HAVE been playing better and your being stubborn to not recognize it.

they are no patrick willis and i don't expect them to make every play. but you point to one drive in a whole game. what about the rest of the game? they were flying around and making plays everywhere. they have raised their play and as long as they continue to play at a high level then i will become less and less concerned with their productivity and consistency.

by the way, where do you get your rankings? the football gods come talk to you or something?

Date: November 22, 2011 11:17AM

Dansby has been playing much much better and I would keep him now, Burnett played better against KC and ok against Washington, but he wasnt good against Buffalo.. Dansby didnt play well because of his conditioning and injuries, I can see that, but why isnt Burnett playing well. He can chase a TE or Rb around better then most Linebackers, but his run stop and blitzing has been attrocious. I like him and his game but he just doesnt get it done... If we are gonna get picked apart again this year by a team, it is going to be because of the MLB position IMO... I hope not, but I see it as a weakness. The TE seams and RB's underneath with different short passes and screens...
I just think we need to invest in a young smart big MLB in the draft to carry on the traditions, we have had, The DOlphins havent been weak at MLB postion in my lifetime and Dansby is on the level but he is not a star, like an offerdahl or Zach, Maybe the coaches can coach and condition Burnett to another level in the future. But MLB is just as important on defense as QB is on offense, so we need to bring our bes on both middle and inside linebacker position..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.