HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          what's the story on Clemons?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
what's the story on Clemons?
Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 20, 2011 04:32PM

Rashad Jones is NOT a good FS.

I thought Clemons was injured and that's why we were stuck with Jones.

Today Clemons blocks a punt and demonstrates great athleticism.

So why isn't he getting snaps at FS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what's the story on Clemons?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 20, 2011 05:06PM

Very good question. I thought Clemons played well last year. Not Pro-Bowl well, but significantly better than Jones this year.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 05:10PM

culver has been playing FS from what i saw today

Date: November 21, 2011 06:58AM

Jones and Culver got playing time today. Clemons was only on Special Teams.

From what I recall in the off-season..the feeling was that Jones was more aggressive and that Clemons knew the calls better.

Clemons is faster....and most of the time....confidence increases your playing speed.

Jones has been horrible all season. I would like to see Clemons given a chance.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 21, 2011 07:08AM

Andre Goodman
Jason Allen
Clemons

The handling of the secondary since Parcells took over has been a mystery to me.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 09:36AM

Jones is much improved from the beginning mistakes, but even during that time of mistakes he was leading the team in tackles.
Jones and CUlver are more physical, and have done alot in run support. Jimmy WIlson, CUlver and Jones are all hard hitting. Jones doesnt suck, he just took alot of foolish chances in the first few games, but the team called him out, and we really have not seen those bad choices since... I dont think Chris Clemons is the tackler, hitter or ball hawk that the others have shown. I am not a Chris Clemons fan, but I hardly think FS, is a huge problem on this team.... We have not given up a TD in 3 games. The only time people have gotten anywhere on us, is up the seams or underneath when our MLB's are out of position, which gives the ball carrier a free run until the safeties come up... That is our weakness, but just becasue it is the safeties that make the tackle dont assume it was their blown coverage or assignment, it was most of the time one of the middle linebackers resposibility.... MLB and RT, and then a guard, I wouldnt even draft a FS.... maybe go after one in FA, if an oppurtunity presents itself...

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 10:48AM

I am watching game tape in slow motion of the first drive, You are right Reshad on the first drive had 2 miss tackles, although he got himself in position to lend support to someone elses guy and was able to trip up RB's enough that the team got him, but he didnt pull of the solo tackles against CJ SPiller and Fred Jackson. Burnett was out of position on the first play so Jones came up to support Sean SMith covering CJ on a quick slant. On the other play is was a shovel to Jackson and he juked Burnett out of his shoes and Reshad was fighting off a WR block and culdnt pull off the solo tackles when we needed him to. Odrick mad a sick play tackling Jackson for a loss in the backfield and Dansby got taken off his feet bad but kept control and still took on Jackson head on and stopped him for a 1 yard gain, it was pretty impressive to watch, in slow motion Dansby looked done, but he was quick and pwoerful and made a hell of a play...

Date: November 21, 2011 02:58PM

Jones is horrible.

he takes bad angles, makes mistakes on who he is supposed to pick up, gets beat by marginal guys.

I can't recall more than 1 big hit, and the 1 near pick.

The problem is that he is to blame for several TD's where he was supposed to be there. And many 3rd down conversions where he blew the support coverage or bit on the wrong thing.

I would rather have a guy that is 'less' of a playmaker and doens't give up big plays than have a guy so focussed on making the highlight reel that he gives up big plays.

Last year Clemons was the 4th leading tackler. More than Koa Misi, or Channing Crowder. And the big thing....he didn't give up the big plays that Jones does.

Date: November 21, 2011 03:00PM

yeah, if you go back and watch...he is in the right vicinity...but bad angles, or bad body positioning prevents him from making a play.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.