HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sid losing the Dolphins interviews it appears
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sid losing the Dolphins interviews it appears
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 15, 2011 02:48PM

Since the interview last week where Sids producers intervened in the Jared odrick interview, it appears SId has only gotten one Dolphin to talk to him in the last week. I thought it was odd, but Sid, kept teasing that Odrick was coming on the air again today with him, guess what, Odrick stood him up and he had nobody but Kevin Harvick and Jim Kelly... I found it odd, I then clicked on the Dolphins website and notice they were broadcasting a live Finsiders stream during Sids show. And guess who appeared on the live stream...lol... Jared Odrick..... Other Dolphins are doing interviews this week, but Sid got none of them.... Odricks is still doing interviews but stood up his weekly appearance with Sid...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sid losing the Dolphins interviews it appears
Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 15, 2011 05:53PM

The Finsiders is always on during the same time slot as Sid's show--they have Sparano on there almost every week and an assortment of players either by phone or in person.

I also believe the Finsiders is somehow affiliated with the team directly which would explain the link to the official website and the access to all the players. they also seem to be homer-ish on that show, which I admit to being myself.

If I was in Odrick's shoes I'd have done the same thing, only earlier!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:58AM

Finsiders and Jesse Agler the host, defintely works for the Dolphins organization or are owned by the Dolphins. I think they have begun to do it, to keep the fans off the other networks. Crowder, Big Dog and Irvin and Marino get the Dolphins, it seems the team as a whole is staying away from the Sid Show... Sid has no one to blame but himself, but I also agree with Berk, that Sid can do some great interviews, he just doesnt know when to stop...
Most of the time Finsiders bores me, it is alot of puff stuff, and predicatable, team sound bytes, recycled over and over until you cant take it anymore and turn it off...lol... at least me

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:41AM

pretty much all interviews with players and coaches are interminable, cliche-ridden bores. I can tolerate Sid's interviews with them because he at leasts asks interesting questions and can get the player to drop their guard. nothing would be more boring to me that listening to an interview of a player conducted by a team-owned media outlet.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 16, 2011 04:39PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Finsiders and Jesse Agler the host, defintely
> works for the Dolphins organization or are owned
> by the Dolphins. I think they have begun to do it,
> to keep the fans off the other networks.

yeah but only during that particular time slot. Can't the players just go on the other networks when the Finsiders isn't on? Also, I get the feeling that some, or all of the "call-in' interviews with the players are recorded beforehand. I could be wrong but it just seems canned.

The parts I really like about the Finsiders is the comment by the Phins Alumni, especially Keith Sims and Kim Bokamper, plus the occasional segments with Marino and Hank Goldberg.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.