Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Oliver Luck says Barkley just as good.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Oliver Luck says Barkley just as good.........
Date: November 04, 2011 01:55PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oliver Luck says Barkley just as good.........
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 04, 2011 02:16PM

sorry dude that cant be right... dont you know that andrew luck is the best qb prospect to come along in like 25 years! we are trying to tank our season for one guy so how can another guy in the same draft be as good? doesnt make sense.

Date: November 04, 2011 02:20PM

Didn't say I agreed with it! Just what daddy said..........

Date: November 04, 2011 02:26PM

ok cause if we dont get luck i think i will die cause he blows me away when i watch him on film. I mean they have a great running game and they score most of there points running but when he finally gets a chance to pass he has the best 15 yard float pass to a TE i ever seen. We have to have him!!!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 04, 2011 03:33PM

All 3 big QB's coming out this year....Luck, Barkley, and Jones....we will be very fortunate and greatful to be in position to get one of them.

Especially Luck and Barkley.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 04, 2011 05:02PM

A lot of people think Barkley will go back for his fourth year both to graduate and to have a chance to compete for a Bowl game since USC will be finished with sanctions (IIRC).

But if Indy has the first pick, I sure hope he's coming out. smiling smiley

Date: November 04, 2011 06:43PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All 3 big QB's coming out this year....Luck,
> Barkley, and Jones....we will be very fortunate
> and greatful to be in position to get one of
> them.
>
> Especially Luck and Barkley.

Thats what I want to hear! 3 chances are better then just 1! I think Miami has a great chance to hit on one of them. New coach, Some fresh blood with High draft choices in every round and a few choice free agents, We can be more then respectful again!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 05, 2011 05:52AM

I watched Barkley yesterday, 6 TD passes he just set a record for USC. I think he'd make a mighty fine plan B if he comes out. If he does stay in, he'll be the Andrew Luck of the next draft after this one.

Date: November 05, 2011 06:21AM

He was very, very nice in that game yesterday. He threw a beautiful bomb 45 yards in the air right into his receiver's hands in stride and the guy dropped it at the 5 yard line.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 05, 2011 06:44AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> He was very, very nice in that game yesterday. He
> threw a beautiful bomb 45 yards in the air right
> into his receiver's hands in stride and the guy
> dropped it at the 5 yard line.

He'll fit right in with the Phins, then, if he's used to his WRs dropping balls.

Date: November 05, 2011 07:34AM

how can we be happy with a runner up? what was the point of rooting for the dolphins to lose 16 games and the whole suck for luck thing? is barkley really better than luck? i mean i dont think luck has ever thrown more than 4 td's in a game... MAYBE barkley is the best prospect in 35 years.

Date: November 05, 2011 07:54AM

Date: November 05, 2011 08:04AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> how can we be happy with a runner up? what was
> the point of rooting for the dolphins to lose 16
> games and the whole suck for luck thing? is
> barkley really better than luck? i mean i dont
> think luck has ever thrown more than 4 td's in a
> game... MAYBE barkley is the best prospect in 35
> years.

They're going to lose 14-16 games regardless of what I'm rooting for. Rooting for them to suck enough to draft Andrew Luck just makes this otherwise pointless season interesting.

Date: November 05, 2011 08:58AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:

>
> They're going to lose 14-16 games regardless of
> what I'm rooting for. Rooting for them to suck
> enough to draft Andrew Luck just makes this
> otherwise pointless season interesting.

ok i am happy to see that you are coming around the idea that luck is not the best prospect in the past 25 years (cause there is no such thing) and i think you are softening up to what the reppa told you that he is not even the best qb in this years draft see i actually lazy around all Saturday and watch collegefootball. to tell you the truth unlike you that is what i am doing right now and robinson is getting shut down by iowa smiling smiley

Date: November 05, 2011 09:36AM

Date: November 05, 2011 09:59AM

Dual threat QB's will never, ever take over this league.

Although, yes...they are more exciting, they are not a better Pro than a traditional QB.

It's proven. Time and time again. You argument is weak if you being up Cam, because he spends 95% of his time in the pocket, if not more. He just has the ability to move if he needs too...

just like Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and a couple others.

But they are all pocket passers, first.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 05, 2011 10:51AM

well why does a duel threat qb have to be a qb that looks to run first? I think of a duel threat qb a guy that can carve you up from the pocket "first" if you give him time (not hard any qb in the league can do that if you give them time). But if you send blitz that the line cant pick up or if everyone is covered he can get out and pick up big yards for you. I dont see how you can possibliy think that a traditional pocket qb can be better than a dual threat qb.

Mike vick can carve up any defense if you give him time but if you turn you back he is gone. Any defensive coordinator would rather plan for a guy that will spend his day in the pocket. For all of his greatness what can brady do to you if you are getting pressure on him? he cant even throw on the run!

Point: a traditional pocket passer is NOT better than a guy that can kill you from the pocket and when things break down can get first downs with his feet. I dont see how you can disagree with that. dont hate just embrasse it baby!

Date: November 05, 2011 10:56AM

and griffin has the #3 passer rating in the nation and you can put his passing numbers (just passing, no counting running) against any qb in the nation (except Case Kennum- his numbers are like a video game). so he looks to pass but if things break down he is spectacular in the open field (won hurdling title at baylor as a freshman!)

Sorry im not like you and just dont just look at who the preseason favorites are and just say those are the guys i want to draft. You do that every year, if its not ted ginn, then ray maluga whoever is the preseason top players you are on the band wagon. I must give you the front runner of the year award! I would bet you are a yankees fan, and previously a bulls fan (with jordan), then cleveland fan with lebron, now you are a heat fan. I am just suprised that you are a dolphins fan and not with the cowboys... ooohhh i called you out ha ha haa

Date: November 05, 2011 04:28PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Dual threat QB's will never, ever take over this
> league.
>
> Although, yes...they are more exciting, they are
> not a better Pro than a traditional QB.
>
> It's proven. Time and time again. You argument is
> weak if you being up Cam, because he spends 95% of
> his time in the pocket, if not more. He just has
> the ability to move if he needs too...
>
> just like Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and a couple
> others.
>
> But they are all pocket passers, first.

Agreed. Elway, Montana, and even Tarkenton were great scramblers, but they were ALL passers FIRST.

Date: November 06, 2011 06:42AM

If you are a dual run QB , you eventually A) get injured running, or cool smiley throw a ton of interceptions. Its good to be able to scramble after a play breaks up.......but that should never be your intention.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 06, 2011 12:17PM

I don't care who we get as long a it's one of the top guys. Marino was NOT the best quarterback that came out of college in 83...but he sure as hell became the best once he stepped on the pro field.

I'd much rather have a pass first guy...if he has also has wheels then so much the beter. Oh, and Vick is not a good quarterback, a good/great season or two out of career does not make a good player.

Date: November 06, 2011 01:03PM

Ken Wrote:
> I don't care who we get as long a it's one of the
> top guys. Marino was NOT the best quarterback that
> came out of college in 83...but he sure as hell
> became the best once he stepped on the pro field.
>
> I'd much rather have a pass first guy...if he has
> also has wheels then so much the beter. Oh, and
> Vick is not a good quarterback, a good/great
> season or two out of career does not make a good
> player.

i agree with most of what you say but come on man if you watch an eagles game if you give this guy time he slices a defense up. I dont know how you can deny that. To say vick is not good or great, i will agree, he is an elite passer and one of a kind. For you to deny that i would have to think that as rational a poster you are you are also a dog lover and cant get over what he did eventhough no man is without sin.

And when you say a pass first guy and also wheels that is also what i am saying so i think we agree on the dual threat qb thing...
people misinterprete dual treat as a run first guy but i see a true dual threat guy is one who can shread a defense with his arm and if things break down can buy time with his legs for his recievers to get open. Warren moon in his prime was a dual threat qb, who wouldnt want to have him.

Date: November 06, 2011 01:30PM

Last season was great for Vick and would have been for almost anyone else as well. This season is shaping up to be slightly better statisically and he had a single good season when in Atlanta. But as I said a great season or two, or three over a nine year career does not make a great player. Especially since his remaining six seasons were average to poor. As far as the rest is concerned, me being a dog lover (which I am) is completely irrelevent to the discussion at hand. That he abused dogs has no relevance to whether or not he's a good football player.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 07, 2011 08:30AM

All this on the college players is pure speculation - as well all know. But with that being stated, we need to go for LUCK; if we don't get him and can't get one of the other big 3, we have to trade for LUCK.

Unless you guys want to continue to be fans of a joke organization for the next few years.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 07, 2011 09:44AM

Barkley is just as good as Luck. Landry and Griffin III are pretty damn good too. I thought RG III was the typical Baylor qb but the guy is a monster. 74% completion 26/4 td/int ratio. Those are damn good nbr anywhere and the arm strenght is there.

Date: November 07, 2011 05:12PM

Ken Wrote:
> Last season was great for Vick and would have been
> for almost anyone else as well. This season is
> shaping up to be slightly better statisically and
> he had a single good season when in Atlanta. But
> as I said a great season or two, or three over a
> nine year career does not make a great player.
> Especially since his remaining six seasons were
> average to poor. As far as the rest is concerned,
> me being a dog lover (which I am) is completely
> irrelevent to the discussion at hand. That he
> abused dogs has no relevance to whether or not
> he's a good football player.

it is completely relavent cause since you are a dog lover you cant get over what he did. Whether you want to admit it or not you are swayed in your opinion of him. I live in philly and hear this all the time. However not as much now since he is having so much success. But you atleast are attepting to make a logical argument but based on what you said initially i can read into it that you are a dog lover... its all good as I said atleast you try to make a logical argument and you seem to be an open minded fellow smiling smiley

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 07, 2011 07:14PM

luck is very good but i would not be too disappointed to end up with another one of the top QBs. main thing is to hire a good personnel guy that will pull the trigger on the right QB.

also, luck is probably overrated. harbaugh coached him up at stanford which helped him a lot. i mean look what harbaugh can do for alex smith. also, stanford has a great running game that makes everything easier plus stanford has a weak schedule in general thus inflated stats. mike mayock, whom i respect, noted that luck does not have elite zip and speed on his passes. i found that quote in MMQB on si.com by peter king. also, think about the pressure and scrutiny once he gets drafted. if he doesn't put up mvp type numbers then he will get crucified. before you tear this post to pieces let me clarify: i think luck is very good, i think luck will be very good in the nfl, i think luck deserves the #1 pick, however my point is that luck will not be instant mvp and he is overhyped as the best prospect in 25 years. he does have holes in his game and he is not Aaron Rodgers.

Date: November 08, 2011 02:01AM

You can say Harbaugh coached up Luck...but Harbaugh isn't coaching him NOW and he's doing pretty well. So, if Harbaugh can be credited with Luck's success, it isn't fleeting. Luck is the real deal...and hopefully Barkley is too.

Right now we are #3 in line for picks. I'm hoping it stays that way. I don't see the Rams picking a QB, so that means we should end up with Barkley.

Date: November 08, 2011 06:31AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> Ken Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Last season was great for Vick and would have
> been
> > for almost anyone else as well. This season is
> > shaping up to be slightly better statisically
> and
> > he had a single good season when in Atlanta.
> But
> > as I said a great season or two, or three over
> a
> > nine year career does not make a great player.
> > Especially since his remaining six seasons were
> > average to poor. As far as the rest is
> concerned,
> > me being a dog lover (which I am) is completely
> > irrelevent to the discussion at hand. That he
> > abused dogs has no relevance to whether or not
> > he's a good football player.
>
>
> it is completely relavent cause since you are a
> dog lover you cant get over what he did. Whether
> you want to admit it or not you are swayed in your
> opinion of him. I live in philly and hear this
> all the time. However not as much now since he is
> having so much success. But you atleast are
> attepting to make a logical argument but based on
> what you said initially i can read into it that
> you are a dog lover... its all good as I said
> atleast you try to make a logical argument and you
> seem to be an open minded fellow smiling smiley

You can think it's relevant all you want but as I said I don't care what he did to the dogs when we are talking about football players. He paid his debt for the dog thing and it's in the past as far as I'm concerned. If he was a great quarterback, I'd say so, and I did give him credit for his good years. However, his overall career performance does not bear that opinion out. Hey BTW, I do love dogs but that didn't stop me from eating them when I was in Korea and other places...you see when in a foriegn country you have to do as the locals do, JMO...Yes, I am open minded, more so than most. And for the inevitble flack I'll get for this post...I don't condone hurting dogs and in the US I'd NEVER eat one, or condone that kind of activity. However, when in Rome...

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 08, 2011 06:41AM

OLiver luck doesnt want either the sucky colts or phins to draft andrew luck.

He might even say there are a couple more qbs that are even better than andrew luck.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.