HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brandon Marshall Criticism
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Brandon Marshall Criticism
Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: October 20, 2011 04:55PM

I know alot of you criticize Marshall and some even want him off the team. The fact is he's the most talented player on this roster and the majority of people outside of this discussion board would agree. I don't care how many drops he has. What other skill position player do we have on offense who has been to a pro bowl? He's the one player that defenses key on week after week. I think he's done ok considering the QB's he's had in Miami.

If you're going to criticize Brandon Marshall, let me ask you what has Karlos Dansby done to earn that paycheck? How has he made an impact on games this year? What has Cam Wake done? He's been invisible. Not only can Sean Smith not catch easy interceptions, he can't cover either. Vontae Davis can't stay on the field. Jared Odrick has been a real force. Same for Philip Merling....On offense Harltine and Bess would struggle to start for any other team in this league. Which one of those receiving threats do opposing defenses fear? How many big plays in the red zone has Fasano made?

Like the guy or not, Brandon Marshall is the most talented player we have. If you're going to criticize him, please tell me who else is stepping up for this team?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brandon Marshall Criticism
Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:40PM

I somewhat agree with you, but he has had way to many drops this year, they are magnified by the fact that the rest of the team is also playing bad, as for the rest of the players you named, that is why we have not won a game... How can all these talented players be playing so bad at the same time???? My call would be the coach and owner, you run the organization like a clown act, parading all these so called celebrities and as a coach you criticize what the fans have to say instead of concentrating on the on field play you get this result....

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:52PM

How many other players on the team are among the handful of highest paid players in the league at their respective positions? Marshall is paid like one of the elite WR in the NFL. And he isn't close to that level. No NFL player has dropped more passes since 2007 than Brandon Marshall. He has dropped a TD pass in every game this season, and on all of those possessions, we failed to score a TD. If he makes those catches, no one would be talking about our red zone issues, and we may have a couple of wins. He disappears at big moments, like he did in the 2010 MNF game against the Jets, when they tried to go to him 3 times in a row, and he made no effort to get open or catch the ball. In spite of his size, he can't go get balls at their highest point. He has consistently shown an inability to elevate for passes. He's known to run inconsistent routes, and to sometimes freelance his routes altogether. And he puts his own personal stats above the team. He has shown this time and time again with his actions, committing stupid penalties out of his own frustration. He is not a team player, and although he has great talent, he uses it inconsistently. When he has been a difference maker for a winning football team? It hasn't happened yet in his career. And it has nothing to do with the QBs he has had in Miami. In both Miami and Denver, he has averaged 6.5 catches per game, at 12 yards per catch, and has always been among the league leaders in drops. He is who he is, and his production in Miami is what it was in Denver. Anyone expecting more is expecting him to reach new levels of performance.

You are right about Dansby. Like Marshall, he is paid like one of the top talents at his position. And, while a very good player, his chronic injuries dating back to last season are a problem. You can't have highly paid, yet chronically injured players. As a result, this will be the last year in Fins' uniforms for both Dansby and Marshall. The new regime will have to take the cap hits to unload their contracts.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 21, 2011 07:24AM

Hokie Phin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>....I don't care how many drops he
> has.

Well I sure as hell do. All the talent and pro bowl votes in the world don't mean anything to me if he can't hold onto that rock.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 21, 2011 04:16PM

Regardless of what crummy QB's we've had, his hands seem to have vaseline on them when his so called pro bowl skills are needed the most. And running out of bounds last Monday night was totally inexcusable.

I could care less how many times he went to the pro bowl in the past - what matters is now, & his level of play now is nowhere near pro bowl caliber. He's in my book as a bum.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:31AM

Marshall is criticized so much because:
- so much is expected of him exactly because of his talent
- he has failed to make catches when the ball hits him in the hands in the end zone every single game (none of the other players you list have done that). It literally keeps 7 points off the board every single game this year.
- he purposely invites attention (beast talk)

Why should an entry ticket to criticizing Marshall be criticism of other players?

I'm there with you regarding the defensive players. As a lot, they have been terrible this year. Hartline? A very bad drop against NY and Bess fumbled. No surprise that their numbers have gone down the past 2 games. Moore comes in and looks at Marshall almost exclusively. He is rewarded by 2 dropped TD passes...a dropped 3rd down conversion that Marshall criticized himself about...running out of bounds with nothing but end zone in front of him (I guess in the NY game, Marshall actually cost 14 points)...and a weird pick 6 in which Marshall was either stumbling (Revis' story) or mugged with a blatant NY no-call. Meanwhile, Gruden criticizes Moore for not seeing the whole field with open receivers for first downs and touchdowns as he locks in on Marshall.

Put it this way, if Marshall had only caught the TD's that have hit him in the hands in the end zone, he would have 7 TDs...2nd only to Calvin Johnson (and a handful more catches and yards)

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 07:38AM

I am tired of talent. How about results on the field?

Kick the bum off the team as far as I am concerned (after this season - he is too valuable in the SFL campaign).

I would rather live with the salary cap situation than him.

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 22, 2011 10:08AM

Marshall is a cancer.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:44PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marshall is a cancer.

I agree. I would've traded him before the deadline and took whatever was offered for him. I hope that he's not on the team next season. Since he's been a Dolphin, he has not been a difference-maker in games. He may have talent (only when he feels like using it), but is NOT a #1 receiver.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:59AM

He has flat out sucked this year and wasn't that impressive last year. You aren't even an average receiver if you can't consistently catch the football. He has been targeted over and over in the redzone and yet has a total of 4 tds since he has been with us. Our coaching staff's confidence in him has been part of the problem. Why do they keep calling his number in the redzone? How many times does he have to come up empty before you stop trying. I wish we had traded him.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 23, 2011 08:59AM

Dropped another easy pass today.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 23, 2011 11:44AM

Clearly over rated. Keep the bum until the end of this year, then just cut him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.