HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          looking good....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
looking good....
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 06:33AM

Now if we can only keep this position week 16

32 Dolphins 0-4 -0 3 25/32 Unfortunately for the Dolphins, both the Vikings and the Chiefs won during their bye week. May be unfair, but the Dolphins become the worst team in the NFL over a weekend in which they didn't even play.
Team: Home | Stats | Fantasy | Schedule | Gear

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: looking good....
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 06:36AM

nah we'll screw it up and win just enough to be in position to take an OL

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 13, 2011 06:50AM

The Colts concern me the most.

They look like they engineered this to get Luck. They have done nothing to try and win.

Kerry Collins? please! Painter?

I'm not saying that Manning's injury is fake, but they must have known a while ago that he needed surgery, And that he would likely miss enough of the season to kill their chances of a Superbowl.

SO...they tell Peyton, wait till just before the season to announce the surgery. That way we don't look bad for not addressing the situation. We 'Suck for Luck', you return in 2012 for a year or two depending on how you feel, and Luck learns from the best....and the new Colts Dynasty begins.

I think Ireland is playing the same game at this point. Screw Garrard, Orton.....bring Grampa Rosenfels in as a back-up.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 13, 2011 07:23AM

I agree, but Peyton is such a competitor that I have trouble believing he'd agree to this. He's like Bret Favre in that he won't want to quit even if his head is falling off.

It reminds me of the Chicago Bulls years ago, I THINK in Jordan's 2nd or 3rd year. MJ got hurt and sat out a few games, and the team tried to keep him out longer than necessary so they'd get a better draft pick. MJ complained loudly and was allowed to play. He proceeded to take the Bulls into the playoffs that year. They lost in the 1st round, but the point was made.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 13, 2011 05:07PM

True...but what if he was told back in June/July...".Peyton you need neck surgery which will take 3 months and we suggest you follow it up with a new stem cell procedure which may add another 4-10 weeks. You are going to miss half the season if you do it now...so here's the plan"?

Would he delay it and play along/ I think he would....did.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 13, 2011 05:37PM

I don't know. If I'm a competitive football player like Peyton, and I need surgery to play, I don't wait months. I get it asap.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 15, 2011 10:06AM

Well the doctor could be in on it too. He could have easily advised Manning to "give his injury time to heal a bit" under the guise that it may improve with rest and time making surgery unecessary...before springing the bad news just before the season that he would require surgery after all.

Not that I'm saying this is how it happened mind you, just that it could have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.