HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          White Rhino
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
White Rhino
Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:51AM

Read an article stating negotiations between Hillis and the Browns are not going anywhere and his agent may ask for a trade. Do you think he would be a good fit here with us and his past success with Daboll?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 04:52AM by sleekdogg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White Rhino
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:53AM

sleekdogg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Read an article stating negotiations between
> Hillis are not going anywhere and his agent may
> ask for a trade. Do you think he would be a good
> fit here with us and his past success with Daboll?

YES.

Powerful, reliable running back? We could use that.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:54AM

Daboll ain't gonna be here next year.

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:11AM

I think he could be a fix for the redzone problem.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:19AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> Daboll ain't gonna be here next year.

I wouldn't say that just yet. We'll see. If we get a defensive-minded HC, it's possible he'll leave the offense alone.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:34AM

No. We just drafted a RB high, and a Hillis trade would use up valuable draft picks.

Date: October 07, 2011 05:43AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> No. We just drafted a RB high, and a Hillis trade
> would use up valuable draft picks.

There's the argument. Do you go with a sure-thing (Hillis) or gamble on someone young (who could turn into, say, Sammie Smith?). On the other hand, RBs have the shortest lifespan of any NFL player, so any vet you go with will give you fewer years than a rookie...in theory.

Date: October 07, 2011 05:50AM

D Thomas has shown me nothing but good things so far........when healthy, i'll give him a pass on a bad hammy this year (alot of those things going around these days) with no off-season conditioning program to speak of. Hillis would of been great before last April but not now.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 07, 2011 06:45AM

Hillis is having injury problems as well.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 07:25AM

Hillis is a 1 yr wonder. He wore down end of last season. No trading draft picks for ANYTHING this season

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 09:32AM

The new coach and management is going to want to have a big chunk of draft picks to start out with.

No trades for anybody..Especially for injured wrecks. isnt he injured.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 07, 2011 03:43PM

I wouldn't trade anything but players...no picks.

So how about Philip Merling and Reggie Bush for Hillis? That could work

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 10, 2011 11:48AM

You would not have to trade for Hillis as he would become a free agent if he does not sign a new deal with the Browns. Now he and a healthy Thomas and Luck together in the same backfield albeit at different times would make our offense elite. A place we haven't been since Marino retired many sad long years ago. If Hillis is available I would take him however he will be a hot commdity, and someone else is likely to bid higher for his services I think. One problem with this team is that Ross has got to loosen his wallet, and spend money on good players so that we can win after we draft a legitimate QB in the upcoming NFL draft.

Date: October 10, 2011 06:50PM

hillis is overrated. I don't want him. another plodding back is not what we need

Date: October 11, 2011 02:53AM

Yes Berkely he plodded for 1200 on the ground and almost 600 through the air. What's not to like hell he was the main reason they the Browns moved the ball at all last year, but he is overrated. Some of you on this board wouldn't know talent if it hit you in the forehead. Yeah let's trade for Reggie Bush because he is much better than Hillis right? You can say he is a powerback, and somewaht of a plodder although a big and elusive plodding back to be exact. Overrated now that one is so far from thr truth that I can't tell where it may lie. Hillis overrated you might as well say that about all the 1000 yards rushers last year then because if he is overrated the rest of them are as well. Some of you write things on this board without truly thinking things through. Hillis on the phins this year would be a hell of alot better than Reggie Bush. You want to talk about overrated start with this team's own sorry backfield first.

Date: October 11, 2011 04:35AM

Hate to bring this up, but is Hillis overrated because he's....(gasp!)....WHITE, maybe?

Date: October 11, 2011 05:20AM

montequi Wrote:
> Hate to bring this up, but is Hillis overrated
> because he's....(gasp!)....WHITE, maybe?

What was that fullbacks name from tampa bay????

He was white too...He was a moster...

Date: October 11, 2011 05:29AM

Alstott

Date: October 11, 2011 05:56AM

I wasn't going their, but since you brought it up ok could there be another reason? We need to get over players that play positions that don't fit the sterotype. If hillis is overrated what about Michael Vick then? I think we need to stop this nonsense before we are all kicked off of this board. Hell Wes Welker is tearing it up in New England let me guess; he's a product of their system as well. Yes that is the same wes Welker that used to play for this sorry bunch. Now you know why we can't win, and other teams can.

Date: October 11, 2011 06:28AM

vick is also overrated.
bush is also overrated.

clam down finshady, I think you have some sort of an unhealthy fixation with payton hillis. I remember a few years ago I said something negative about him when he was on the broncos and you almost started crying. aren't you also the guy who goes berzerk whenever someone mentions cam newton?

since the last half of last season his numbers have been pretty average. your vision of the miami dolphins offense for the future may be something like the browns of last season, but I would prefer moving away from the "power" back (especially one as overrated as hillis---don't cry finshady!), particularly since we've already got that kind of back in daniel thomas. move along, nothing to see here in peyton hillis.

I assume race was brought up as a joke, since I don't see this as a racial issue at all.

Date: October 11, 2011 06:32AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Alstott

Thanks thats it.

Date: October 11, 2011 12:07PM

you move along Berkeley,and remember to leave topics like these to the adults on this board. You obviously can't see talent because Thomas has not proven anything other than being an injury prone rookie while Hillis gashed the Ravens last year for a 150 yards. However he is somehow overrated because you the all knowing say he is. Hogwash, and a blatant attempt at stirring things up on this board well it worked. I will watch Hillis go to a team like the Steelers, and make many teams that passed on him miserable. Only time will tell Berkeley.

Date: October 11, 2011 12:16PM

berkely meet raw nerve.........raw nerve, meet berkely

Date: October 11, 2011 12:43PM

obviously finshady you are so blinded by your love for hillis that you cannot think rationally. I won't speculate as to the reasons for your crush on him. Perhaps he is dreamy.

Date: October 12, 2011 01:10PM

Perhaps he's a good player who happens to be disrespected by people like you.

Date: October 12, 2011 01:17PM

well then it's good for him you have his back

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 12, 2011 02:12PM

If Hillis were black, I'd be all for trading for him (I'm kidding BTW for all the hypersensitive peeps)

Date: October 12, 2011 02:49PM

hillis good
newton bad
tebow good

Date: October 12, 2011 02:59PM

Looks like a reverse Oreo berk!

Date: October 12, 2011 04:57PM

Watch the name calling as a gator fan do you really expect me to like Scam? As for my race let's just say I'm multi racial which makes me have a better perspective on matters like peolpe hating on Hillis because he's white. My father grew up up loving Czonka, and loved watching him run over defenders, and so did I. What's wrong with having a white stud running back in the league? Hell this country is all about diversity, and giving the under dog a chance I thought. Yeah I like Hillis. The old man says he reminds him of Czonka, and what's wrong with that?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.