HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          channing crowder
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
channing crowder
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 07:13AM

anyone ever listen to his radio show? man that guy really pulls no punches and tells it like it is. he rips on henne and lots of his other former teammates. I can't say I disagree with anything he is saying, but I think spouting off like this will keep him from being in the league again (his bridges with MIA are incinerated---even if we bring in a new FO and QB, not sure how other players would react to his comments)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: channing crowder
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 04, 2011 08:02AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> anyone ever listen to his radio show? man that guy
> really pulls no punches and tells it like it is.
> he rips on henne and lots of his other former
> teammates. I can't say I disagree with anything he
> is saying, but I think spouting off like this will
> keep him from being in the league again (his
> bridges with MIA are incinerated---even if we
> bring in a new FO and QB, not sure how other
> players would react to his comments)

Ever wonder how great a player he'd have been if he could play D with his mouth?

That said, I'd still listen to his show regularly in my car if I lived in S FL. I'm a big fan of former-players talking about the Phins.

Date: October 04, 2011 08:24AM

you can listen on your iphone w/ iradionow app. that's how i do it

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 04, 2011 09:12AM

I really like the fact Crowder isn't towing the amalgamated line. The NFL is totally dominated by corporate drones and their assembly line football scam with fixed games and overhyped garbage.

Crowder is a smart dude with something to say. He’s probably already put his game day career in the grave – now he’s looking to be a NFL provocateur.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2011 09:13AM

Sure. He'll last a few years like that, then everyone will be tired of his banter. Hope he realizes that.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 09:17AM

He will be good to work in the circus with all those tattoos and hair.........................He would be the clown.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 11:48AM

I listen to the show, it is good. As far burning bridges with teammates, i would disagree, all Channing does in the shows i have heard is interview, his Dolphins teammates. He also praises Sparano, in case you guys missed it... He doesnt like Ireland, he says he is a weasel and a snake, and doesnt treat the players with any respect, or courtesy. He says he doesnt like Chad, for one simple reason, he doesnt win. HE says Henne can lead the league in passing but until he leads the team to more victories he doesnt like him or believe in him... What most people dont realize, is most of the offensive and defensvie players dont like each other or intereact very often, teams are divided among offensive and defensive players... In the early days Crowder use to joke that he hates all offensive players, it doesnt matter what team they are on... So when Channing says he hates an offensive players it is really just part of his football philophy in a weird way...
As far as Channing not playing next year, I would take a bet, that he plays football next year. He has made it clear, that if he wanted to play football tomorrow there are a handful of teams that would sign him.

Date: October 04, 2011 12:10PM

the interesting thing about channing is you know he is saying what at least a number of players feel, but can't say b/c they are still on the team. which isn't good when the players think their QB is a loser

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 12:37PM

Berk- I think he even said that he was told by text message that he was cut. I dont remeber exactly, but i think he just got a text message from Ireland to bring his playbook up to his office and then ireland had security follow him up to the office, he said it messed up how it was handled and just kind of sleazy in his opinion...He said YB and Dansby were shocked, they tried to get him to hang out and have lunch together and wanted to talk to coach or something, and Crowder just bailed. Obviously the other players felt it has been sleazy how they have handled some stuff, and i think it is showing on the field.... Unfortunately i think Sparano will be a casualty of it all, and it doesnt really have anything to do with him, Ireland is everybody but Ross's and Mike Dee's boss...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.