HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Seems like everyone is to blame!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Seems like everyone is to blame!
Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: September 25, 2011 01:26PM

Who is to blame for being 0-3? Offense is okay until they get into scoring distance. Defense is no longer dominant against the run, pass coverage is up and down, and there is NO quality depth in the secondary. Time management is terrible. What's the problem with scoring in the red zone? Is it poor playcalling and using the wrong personnel, or is it that the players just aren't good enough to execute the plays? Dan Carpenter must have lost his touch after attempting so many FGs last year. Marshall does not appear to be a superstar, and Bush is not being used properly. Long may still be sore or rusty, and the rest of the o-line is nothing special.

Good points? Henne (barely), but only between the 20s. Thomas looks good. Hartline still seems fairly reliable with some nice catches. Brandon Fields is a Pro Bowl punter. Pouncey may turn out to be pretty good.

My opinion: Offense needs some better players on the line and a real #1 receiver. Defense needs more playmakers, especially in the secondary. QB position may need to be addressed in the draft if Henne can't win with his arm when the game is on the line. I believe that we need a lot of help to be a winning team. Everyone is to blame, IMO. Most players are not playing up to their potential, and the coaching staff (and playcalling) on both sides of the ball just can't seem to outcoach the opponents. Sparano is responsible for coaching, and Ireland is responsible for bringing in the personnel needed to win. Ireland is average at best with his draft picks, but is terrible at bringing in free agents that can really help this team. If the players on the team aren't getting the job done, then they just aren't good enough and the blame for that rests on Ireland.

Looks like we'll be starting over again next year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seems like everyone is to blame!
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 25, 2011 02:23PM

Your assessment gofins60 is on the money. Nice evaluation of what the situation is right now. thumbs up

Date: September 25, 2011 03:57PM

Sparano definitely has to go. I'm tired of hearing about his emphasis on stats; negative plays, snaps per player in practice and in games. That may look good on paper, but it's worthless if it doesn't translate into wins on the field. Between that and his habit of signing ex-Cowboys, I'm beginning to think that he doesn't have a clue about running a football team.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 25, 2011 04:00PM

I think it all starts with Sparano AND Ireland. If we lose both of those and replace them with a couple guys that can make a good objective evaluation of what we have (players, OC, DC, etc..), not someone who will come in with his "system" and clean house, then we may not be as far away as we all think.

Date: September 25, 2011 08:41PM

I agree; we do have some decent players that should be allowed to stay. At the beginning of the season there would have been quite a few players that I would've kept. But, after these 3 games, that list is becoming a lot smaller!

The entire secondary has to go. Davis and Smith are mediocre at best, and have not become the players we expected them to become. Madison and Surtain were CBs with a LOT of INTs... what have these guys done? How about safety? Where's the hard-hitting, knock the teeth out of your mouth safety that receivers avoid like the plague? Louis Oliver knocked people into next week, but our guys play like a "kinder, gentler" secondary.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.