HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Poor ownership & negative media to blame
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Poor ownership & negative media to blame
Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: September 22, 2011 08:40AM

Ross has no clue about football. His stupid unprofessional stunt with Harbaugh broke the confidence and trust of this organization. Ross thinks because he painted some polka dots on the stadium and created a south beach feel that the money is going to start rolling in(Thats the last thing on football fans minds and its on him for wasting the cash on it). It takes time to build a superbowl winner it can't be bought overnight.

The Miami media drums up nothing but negativity. Henne, our crappy running game , and conservative offense is all that was bitched about for last few seasons. In our first game Henne puts up solid numbers, D. thomas goes for over 100yds in his first game of his pro career, and we saw alot of deep strikes downfield. But do they praise any of this no. They go right for articles about how we lost, poor redzone, no defense, Sparano needs to be fired after every game.

We are young and talented, we have been moving the ball on offense, our defense has been a bit shaky but we have the same good proven d coordinator as last year and pretty much the same squad.(side note: I have noticed many defenses struggling this year, seems like there is more scoring could be a result from the new kickoff rules.)

I mean the Carolina Panthers are pretty much playing the same as us and people are tickled to death over them. Cam Newton throws for alot of yards and they are 0-2 and Ron rivera who is a defensive mind has no defense. It comes down to focusing on the negatives or focusing on the positives.

If we keep starting over and self destructing our own team it just makes it that much easier for the Patriots to keep dominating because each time we hire and fire it sets us back. We seem to have our new players and coaches in the guillotine before they ever get a chance it is like the french revolution all over again. If we keep creating these unrealistic expectations we will never be satisfied.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2011 08:41AM by sleekdogg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Poor ownership & negative media to blame
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 22, 2011 08:58AM

I agree. Those fans that want to abandon what we have and start over are forgetting how many times we did that after Shula. At some point you have to build on what you have. Here are my observations:

1. Sparano is a lame duck coach now. Barring some miracle, he will be gone either during or after the season. He appears to have lost control of the team. He's lost his players' confidence. That's not easy to get back. If he can fire up the team and get them to rally around him, he might save his job. The problem I see is it looks like Sparano himself has given up. If he truly has, then it's a lost cause.

2. Henne is starting to look like the QB we all hoped he'd be when he was drafted. I'm tired of so many fans complaining that we need to use a 1st round pick on a QB. They forget, A LOT OF ANALYSTS HAD HENNE PROJECTED AS A 1ST ROUNDER!! In fact, MOST analysts ranked Henne behind Flacco. Now Flacco is on a top-5 ranked team. That could EASILY have been Henne! Stop the stupid Andrew Luck posts, for God's sake!!

3. The most disfunctional part of this team since Sparano has taken over has been the O-Line. This was the #1 priority for Parcells, and it's become the biggest weakness on this team (go figure!). Bad drafts. Bad signings. Bad position moves. Bad coaching. Everything is to blame. As bad a talent as we've had in the past, even Wanny and Saban were able to put together better O-Lines than we have now!! THIS MUST BE FIXED!!

4. While we appear to have decent coordinators, we've had a TON of questionable coaching signings at the positions. Brian Cox appears to be a complete waste, as the linebacking corp that we were so optimistic about a month ago has been horrible. We have a number of coaches at positions they've never coached nor played before. I don't know what we were thinking.

The way I see it, we need a few new piece parts, but nothing huge.
- We need a new RT and possibly RG
- We need a new LB coach!!
- We need a seasoned between-the-tackles RB (to take the pressure off of Thomas)
- We may need a new GM (I still scratch my head at some of Ireland's moves)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

- We NEED a new HC...someone who ISN'T a lame duck. Someone who the players will respect!

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 10:14AM

I keep hearing people saying that the fans are giving up and the support is not there??
Did anybody see the stadium up in buffalo this past game, it was packed!Rowdy, they were going crazy. I wonder why?? Maybe because they're team is playing pretty well. Last year you didn't see that stadium like that. What do people here expect, for this team to keep losing and still get the same support. Oh please, they deserve all of the negativity because every year is the same bull crap with this team.

Some of these stupid players on our team spend more time tweeting than anything else..

I can tell you one thing, I'm still watching them play on TV because I'm a fan. But I refuse to spend one more dollar going to any more games that these fools are playing in. I'm sorry but enough is enough.

Also, we have good young talent?? Oh really, they sure as hell are'nt playing like it. It's just gotten to the point with this team where you put up or shut up! Too much talk and no performace. Starting with our pathetic coach that can't even give a straight answer on how his team is so horrible at home. Come on man! Man up and just say you've failed as a coach and stop looking for another excuse.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 10:30AM

Wannyblows34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I keep hearing people saying that the fans are
> giving up and the support is not there??

As long as the team is winning the fans will support them. Its always been like that..........You put a bad product out there and you are going to have a lot of blackouts. Example.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 10:35AM

You're absolutely right sam. That's common sense. But I guess we're the only team that can't figure this out.

Some of these players I keep hearing that are saying DOLFANS are fake fans! LOL, the fake ones are them that talk all this BS before the season starts and now when it's time to play they can't back it up.

Date: September 22, 2011 10:39AM

Wannyblows34 Wrote:
> You're absolutely right sam. That's common sense.
> But I guess we're the only team that can't figure
> this out.

Maybe the phins will figure it out sometime in our lifetime. Keep your head up. Keep hope alive

>
> Some of these players I keep hearing that are
> saying DOLFANS are fake fans! LOL, the fake ones
> are them that talk all this BS before the season
> starts and now when it's time to play they can't
> back it up.

Yup pathetic.

Date: September 22, 2011 11:29AM

The media is always going to find negatives. Thats how they make their ratings.

They love the negatives.

They should be happy as hell with the phins organization.

Hey thats what they do. They get paid for it. Thats life....

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: September 22, 2011 04:20PM

Wannyblows34 Wrote:
> I keep hearing people saying that the fans are
> giving up and the support is not there??
> Did anybody see the stadium up in buffalo this
> past game, it was packed!Rowdy, they were going
> crazy. I wonder why?? Maybe because they're team
> is playing pretty well. Last year you didn't see
> that stadium like that. What do people here
> expect, for this team to keep losing and still get
> the same support. Oh please, they deserve all of
> the negativity because every year is the same bull
> crap with this team.
>
> Some of these stupid players on our team spend
> more time tweeting than anything else..
>
> I can tell you one thing, I'm still watching them
> play on TV because I'm a fan. But I refuse to
> spend one more dollar going to any more games that
> these fools are playing in. I'm sorry but enough
> is enough.
>
> Also, we have good young talent?? Oh really, they
> sure as hell are'nt playing like it. It's just
> gotten to the point with this team where you put
> up or shut up! Too much talk and no performace.
> Starting with our pathetic coach that can't even
> give a straight answer on how his team is so
> horrible at home. Come on man! Man up and just say
> you've failed as a coach and stop looking for
> another excuse.

The reason fans are happy in Buffalo now is because they stuck with Chan Gailey and Fitzpatrick from last year even though they had a bad record.Rather than riding them out of town on a rail. They could have said gailey sucks look at our crappy record and Fitzpatrick sucks he is a household name, he is just recycled trash from other teams, and he throws too many interceptions we need to draft a first round QB, but they didn't, they stuck to their guns and with time they have improved as a team.

We have shown improvement as a team but if we blow everything up and fire everbody we will never get over the hump. Nolan showed a good defense last year and he is still here and so is most of that squad,Henne is playing way better,D. Thomas rushed for a hundred yards in his first game, Carpenter was a pro bowler for us but had a rough game against the Texans,Daboll has us taking chances down field to Marshall and we are moving the ball better and scored alot of points against the patriots. It will all gel but not if we blow everything up before it can happen.Ross and the media negativity and lack of patience will trickle down to the fans, players,and coaches and will be back to where we were before and the whole system starts over again just like we always do. A new guy comes in we will love and praise them and day 2 we will come to the conclusion that they suck and need somebody else.

Hopefully our team will gel and we get a couple wins before they start the self destruct sequence.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2011 04:47PM by sleekdogg.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 22, 2011 08:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.