HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Grades from Game 1
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Grades from Game 1
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 15, 2011 04:57PM

From profootballfocus.com

since I pay for their content, I'll just include some tidbits.

Each starter along the o-line earned a negative grade for pass blocking. Yes, even Jake Long, who allowed 1 sack, 4 QB hits, and 2 pressures. Carey and Colombo combined to allow 2 sacks, 4 hits, and 7 pressures. Only Mike Pouncey's run blocking earned a positive grade for the game.

Chad Henne completed 4 out of 7 pass attempts thrown more than 20 yards downfield as he earned the offense's highest grades of the game. He had a passer rating over 96 on the 21 pass attempts when he was pressured. In PFF's grading system, Henne tied Drew Brees for being the 2nd best QB in week 1.

Koa Misi and Randy Starks were the only defenders to earn positive grades, with Paul Soliai being about neutral. According to PFF, Benny Sapp graded out as the worst player on defense, followed by Kevin Burnett, Nolan Carroll, and Karlos Dansby. Carroll and Sapp graded out as the 92nd and 93rd corners in week 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 05:04PM by dolfanmark.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grades from Game 1
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 15, 2011 05:26PM

I was going to make a thread about Jake Long's play during the Pats game. I have NEVER seen him play so poorly since he's been here. I was pretty shocked when I started noticing all this pressure coming from Henne's blind side. Aside from the numbers you posted about him I must have seen at least a dozen times where the defender he was up against blew right by him and came within inches of Henne before he got rid of the ball. I have no idea why he played so poorly last Monday but I hope he gets back to his old self this week, we need a win badly to right the ship after last weeks defensive debacle. A big win against the Texans can get us right back rolling again and make our poor play from Monday night a distant after thought.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 16, 2011 04:24AM

No idea? how about no Preseason!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2011 04:24AM by montequi.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 04:39AM

Long definetely will get better and stronger as the season progresses. I think he did not do too bad considering he was coming off an injury.

Did he allow a sack?

I missed that.

I saw all the replays on demand...The jets the bills as well....Romo is a phreaking moron and an idiot BTW.

I dont recall seeing jake long's defender beat him and sack henne. I think im gonna take a look again today.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 04:44AM

I dont care if the defender gets close to henne as long as he doesnt hurt him....you have a bad game as a left tackle ( blind side ) and your QB is going to be destroyed...IMO Left tackle and center are the most important positions to an OL.

Henne was ok after the game so i figured long did ok. I will take a look again.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 16, 2011 04:45AM

I can't believe that we've never beaten the Texans!

Almost as bad as that losing streak to the Jets a few years ago. We ended that streak under this regime didn't we? The year we swept the Jets? I could be wrong.

We really need to end this one on Sunday!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 16, 2011 03:03PM

Panteraize Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was going to make a thread about Jake Long's
> play during the Pats game. I have NEVER seen him
> play so poorly since he's been here. I was pretty
> shocked when I started noticing all this pressure
> coming from Henne's blind side. Aside from the
> numbers you posted about him I must have seen at
> least a dozen times where the defender he was up
> against blew right by him and came within inches
> of Henne before he got rid of the ball. I have no
> idea why he played so poorly last Monday but I
> hope he gets back to his old self this week, we
> need a win badly to right the ship after last
> weeks defensive debacle. A big win against the
> Texans can get us right back rolling again and
> make our poor play from Monday night a distant
> after thought.

Well, obviously the Bears game last year is Long's low point as a pro. But, he was playing with a separated shoulder. This week, I'm sure rust was an issue, and being in game shape. Long appeared to tire as the game went on. One odd thing the Pats did was use a defensive back at defensive end against Long later in the game. That's a huge speed mismatch, and Jake had some trouble with it.

Date: September 21, 2011 02:07AM

Through week 2, profootballfocus.com has us graded with the worst pass blocking, the worst pass defense, and the worst run defense in the league. Jake Long allowed a sack, but he did get an overall positive grade for pass blocking in week 2. But, he was the only o-line starter to earn a positive grade.

Long, Carey, and Pouncey all have positive grades in run blocking. Incognito and Colombo are both in the negatives. It's turning into quite a competition between Carey and Colombo for worst pass blocker on the team. Through 2 games, each has allowed 10 QB pressures, hits, or sacks.

On defense, only Wake, Starks, Misi, and Soliai have earned positive grades so far.

It should be noted that profootballfocus.com grades QBs on "aimed" throws, so they don't give a QB negative grades for throwing when hit or batted passes. They also aren't hurt by dropped passes. Chad Henne ranks 5th in the league in their grading system. He's also been helped by a positive grade for his running.

Brandon Marshall's 3 dropped passes are 2nd in the league.

Posted by: Deigol090 ()
Date: September 21, 2011 02:28AM

YEAHHHHHH our O-line sucks the big one!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 22, 2011 05:23AM

DM - please keep these things coming. very interesting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.