Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hate to say it, but time to clean house!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hate to say it, but time to clean house!
Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: September 18, 2011 02:40PM

I'm not a hater, nor a fair-weather fan... I've been rooting for the Fins since 1970. I'm a Miami Dolphins fan, but not necessarily an NFL fan. If Miami isn't playing, there's no reason for me to watch football. I'm wildly hopeful at the start of each game, but this era of continuous losing is getting old.

I'm sorry, but Ireland and Sparano need to go. I wanted them gone last year, but thought that Nolan did a decent job. This year however, the Defense is a major flop so it's time to clean house. The only bright spot on this team has been a SLIGHTLY improved offense. Passing game has picked up steam and Thomas looks okay running, but the o-line still needs a major overhaul and the lack of 3rd down conversions and scoring in the red zone is unacceptable.

11-5 in 2008 was due to surprising teams with the Wildcat. After that, the Fins have been below average because this regime is terrible at evaluating talent and putting together a team that is strong and consistent on BOTH sides of the ball at the SAME time. Look at the past 2 seasons; decent defense but no offense (thanks Henning!). Now, the offense is improving with Daboll, but the defense can't stop anyone.

I say bring in a new GM and HC now, and let them spend the rest of the season deciding who to keep for next year. DO NOT just fire Sparano! Ireland is just as responsible for this fiasco; he evaluates and signs the players. 4th year, and an o-line that is still a (poor) work in progress. Use Bush as an every down back and sit Larry Johnson for the entire NE game when we really needed a running game to keep Brady off of the field. Defense still can't cover/tackle RBs and TEs going down the middle of the field. Poor clock management. I'm sick of seeing a fistpump after a FG when they should've scored a TD!

I won't mind another losing season IF there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Who knows; maybe someone new can make better decisions with the current players and actually win.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hate to say it, but time to clean house!
Date: September 18, 2011 02:54PM

BTW, I like the "new" Henne so far, even though he still makes a few mistakes. I admit that I was down on Thomas after he was drafted, but he may end up being pretty good. He did have a history of fumbling in college. His fumble today was due to a good hit, but he still should have held on to it.

There are a few good players on this team... just not enough to win consistently.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 18, 2011 02:59PM

A few days ago I was surprised with all the gloom and doom comments. I join you all now.

Way too much disappointment year after year. There's been no meaningful gains in key positions or coaching positions to be optimistic about.

Date: September 18, 2011 03:00PM

I'm freaking sick of it too! You know it's gotten bad when you miss the previous owner Wayne. I'd like to get rid of them all including this owner. Oh I forgot about all the other "owners" who probably never cared a thing about the Dolphins and just want to be a part of the "show". Makes me sick!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 18, 2011 03:09PM

None of this is unexpected IMO. The lone bright spot seems to be Henne's emergence.

I've been saying for a while the spec this team has been built with is NOT what the NFL is all about today.

Hence, the architecture of this team is not a winning design.

Parcells got lucky with one season and left this franchise in a mess.

Sparano, as we all know by now, doesn’t bring a decisive edge as a position coach (OL), let along HC. He’s way out of his small college league…

Ireland is simply a formula dude. Is he really an intuitive talent evaluator? Don’t think so…

Not much positive mojo for us real fans.

Hard times for the Dolphins will continue for the foreseeable future.

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: September 18, 2011 03:26PM

Sorry, but Henne needs to go also. He is a journeyman at best. His accuracy is off at times and the big time players hit those balls.

The rest of the team is right along with him. They are all playing a level below the rest of the teams and it shows. Time to clean house and get teh spirit and pride back.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 18, 2011 03:27PM

psalm462 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, but Henne needs to go also. He is a
> journeyman at best. His accuracy is off at times
> and the big time players hit those balls.
>
Henne's been one of the few bright spots this season. If you get rid of him, then you're truly building from scratch. I don't want to go back there. It hasn't worked for us more than once.

Date: September 18, 2011 03:30PM

psalm462 Wrote:
> Sorry, but Henne needs to go also. He is a
> journeyman at best. His accuracy is off at times
> and the big time players hit those balls.
>
> The rest of the team is right along with him.
> They are all playing a level below the rest of the
> teams and it shows. Time to clean house and get
> teh spirit and pride back.

Can't believe I'm saying this, But I don't agree. I really like what I've seen from Henne. he can't do it all by himself. The Oline is the culprit. 100%. Henne can be a really good QB in thuis league . That said , I wouldn't mind if we had a really good Rookie (like Mallet) breathing down his neck as well to keep him motivated.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 18, 2011 03:33PM

Well, I think Henne and the offense are playing well enough to win. But what good does it do you when the defense just gives the points back and more.

Maybe NE and Houston are just world-beaters. We'll see.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 18, 2011 03:33PM

I like henne this year as well. He will be gone next year when he has figured it all out. Then we will get another schmuck Somehow I have a feeling we will screw up the Andrew luck senerio.

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: September 18, 2011 03:47PM

12 completions out of 30 attempts. Thats not going to win very many games. But then, what do I Know !! Real improvement, eh ?

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 18, 2011 03:52PM

I would clean house and trade players in the last year of their contract. Get something for them now and tank the season.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 18, 2011 03:57PM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
> I would clean house and trade players in the last
> year of their contract. Get something for them
> now and tank the season.

Smart man. Finally someone speaking truth. Tank it baby. 0-16.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 18, 2011 04:12PM

davdoldew4 Wrote:
> 12 completions out of 30 attempts. Thats not going
> to win very many games. But then, what do I Know
> !! Real improvement, eh ?

Did you actually watch the game, or just look at the box score?

Date: September 18, 2011 06:50PM

4 years, and we only have 1 1/2 (Long, and maybe Pouncey) decent o-linemen? Sparano stood by and did nothing for 2 years while Henning stifled Henne's development and lost games with his horrid playcalling. Ireland signs Bush when that money could've been used to bolster the o-line. Yes, Bush can be a threat on the field, but he's just another gimmick like the Wildcat. Build a solid team first, then add someone like Bush!

I'd see how Henne does for the rest of this season. I'd love for him to get consistent enough so that next year's draft can be focused on other positions of need. If Thomas works out, great. We need better coaching, an upgraded o-line, better players in the secondary (and whoever covers the middle where TEs kill us), and this team could start winning again.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 09:57AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> I like henne this year as well. He will be gone
> next year when he has figured it all out. Then we
> will get another schmuck Somehow I have a
> feeling we will screw up the Andrew luck senerio.

Don't you wish!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.