HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Reggie Bush
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Reggie Bush
Posted by: bravedave13 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 11:58AM

Hay I'm no football guru but why in the world would you run Reggie up the middle like about 8 times, watch him get killed and keep on doing it. Is not that the meaning of insanity? If the Pat's had Reggie he would of had a career day. I like the new OC but someone needs to tell him Reggie is not Peyton Hillis.He needs to use him in about 15 screens like the dink and doyink Patriots do.They could have even used him and Lex on an end around like we did with Ricky at the goal line in that wild cat formation. Can you imagine with that speed what he could have done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reggie Bush
Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: September 14, 2011 12:17PM

I'm so sick of this "you can't run Bush up the middle" nonsense that he was branded with in New Orleans. He is NOT the first small RB in the history of the league, and he will NOT be the last.

Everyone keeps saying that he's going to get hurt running up the middle, but injuries happen no matter where you are on the football field. Just go ask Ronnie Brown.

The guy has a chip on his shoulder. He seems, as far as I can tell, pretty damn tough. But most importantly he's working his ass off to be a feature back and when the offensive line decides to block, he has played very, very well.

Posted by: Deigol090 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:05PM

I only agree with using him in the Wild-Cgrinning smileyat it would own on the goal line.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 02:17PM

Krunk Fu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm so sick of this "you can't run Bush up the
> middle" nonsense that he was branded with in New
> Orleans. He is NOT the first small RB in the
> history of the league, and he will NOT be the
> last.
>
> Everyone keeps saying that he's going to get hurt
> running up the middle, but injuries happen no
> matter where you are on the football field. Just
> go ask Ronnie Brown.
>
> The guy has a chip on his shoulder. He seems, as
> far as I can tell, pretty damn tough. But most
> importantly he's working his ass off to be a
> feature back and when the offensive line decides
> to block, he has played very, very well.

you don't run him up the middle b/c he's not good at it and he's not built for it. his game is elusiveness and speed and you maximize neither by running him between the tackles. everyone who's ever coached him knew this. it's just our geniuses that want to plug a square peg into a round hole.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: September 14, 2011 03:12PM

If Reggie Bush had been traded to the Patriots instead, and Belichick ran him up the middle, everyone would call it genius.

Bush isn't the fastest guy in the league, but he may very well be the quickest. That quickness does not fade when he runs between the hash marks. He is not an in-line sprinter like Ginn was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 03:16PM by Krunk Fu.

Date: September 14, 2011 03:41PM

ok let's see how good he does running up the middle. he sure wasn't any good at it monday

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:13PM

berk, he actually had some nice, tough runs if you go back and watch. he was not like adrian peterson but he was fighting for extra yards and had some nice yards after contact. Plus no one can run up the middle if the blocking is not good. . .

Date: September 14, 2011 06:21PM

he had 1 good run. nevertheless running him up the gut is not playing to his strengths and not smart given his build and injury history. it is not what we should be doing

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 14, 2011 07:23PM

I like Reggie Bush and I've been impressed with what I've seen of his blocking, receiving, work ethic, etc.

But when you keep running him between the tackles you really aren't maximizing his strength, which is open field running. They need to mix it up and run some toss plays, screens, etc. with him.

Date: September 14, 2011 07:51PM

i agree with you guys in maximizing his strengths in space but perhaps the game plan was to throw off the patriots by running him inside as no one expected that. i would be surprised if they continue to pound him up the middle, especially once Daniel thomas gets healthy.

also, reggie is definitely good for a few inside runs just not quite so many. a couple per game to keep the defense honest though

Posted by: bravedave13 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 03:14AM

Hay this guy has hit a 100yds only once in the NFL he's a 3rd down back all day long and that's about it. We could have used him to return kicks and at wide receiver. I would love to know which game the HC and OC were watching and who was play calling or did Chad audible those running plays.

Krunk Fu said "The guy has a chip on his shoulder. He seems, as far as I can tell, pretty damn tough. But most importantly he's working his ass off to be a feature back and when the offensive line decides to block, he has played very, very well". Well Chad ran for 59yds because their D wasn't expecting it and it was behind this line. R E G G I E is not a all down back 3 rd down at best....

Date: September 15, 2011 05:44PM

bravedave,

chad ran for those yards on his own. he either escaped from pressure or just took off. you cannot give much credit to the oline for hennes rushing yards.

i agree with krunk fu. reg has worked hard, runs tough, and he should get 15-20 touches a game with about 10-12 runs and about 5-7 catches. he is more complete than just a third down guy but he is not a guy you hand the ball to 25 times a game either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.