HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          on to the next one (vs Texans)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
on to the next one (vs Texans)
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:52AM

ok so enough talk about that disaster. time to look to next week, i certainly hope the team has forgotten and is looking to the Texans.

Texans looked very impressive against a manning-less colts. offense is very balanced. defense looks much better with wade in town.

DEFENSE-i don't think the texans can pass it all over the field. they have andre johnson and thats it. their second WR, kevin walter, is hurt, but they have very good RBs. we have to contain their running game, if they run for less than 100 yards then i cant see how we lose the game. they have a great oline and that should be a key matchup against our DL. we have to win that as our dl is the strength of the team. got to double DRE and they really don't have many other weapons that are difficult to cover. they wont be able to run the no huddle like Brady (few can) so that should be less of a factor. also, their personnel is not as multiple as NE's. Also, we must find a way to get pressure without blitzing more than one guy and we must tackle better as they have Adrian Foster(if he plays). those last two are probably the biggest keys.

OFFENSE- mario williams might be a nightmare. hopefully jake long is truly in game shape and ready to go as that will be a tough test. their pass defense should be better than last year but im not sure how much better. we can't really run so we can't really exploit their inexperience up front as they have J.J. Watt, a rook, starting at DE and they have pretty much no one at NT. if we can protect henne from wade's various blitzes and mario williams mayhem then I think Henne can pick apart their young and inexperienced secondary. Jonathon Joseph is good but he is probably no better than McCourty and Marshall owned him.

We need this win, or the media will have a hey day with another dolphins home loss.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: on to the next one (vs Texans)
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:58AM

The Texans are NOT the Pats. I have a good feeling about this game. I think we're going to come out pissed. Our Defense will look MUCH better. Our pass rush will be revived.

As for offense, I think we'll do just as well as we did against NE.

Phins 27
Texans 13

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:59AM

I'm hoping to see a much more balanced attack from us on Offense (D Thomas anyone?????????) and a little more pressure from our D in this one. If Fosters still out this is a very win-able game for us IMO.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:02AM

Tough match-up. They have the edge across the board IMO. We'll have to out-coach them on gameday and come in with a winning game plan.

Good luck on that.

Odds are: we're OH and two after this.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:07AM

Personally I’m not banking on much this season (Sparano’s dying quail). But I’m very interested in seeing if Henne can put together solid back-to-back games. And if so, can he stay consistent throughout the year? If that happens then the season will be a “success” IMO.

After that we unload this regime and bring in a legit NFL FO and HC, keep the best of what we’ve got, and move forward.

But hey. That’s just my spec.

BNF.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:29AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:34AM

Texans 41

Dolphins 27

We get a couple touchdowns late in mop-up time.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 06:37AM by Aqua&Orange.

Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:36AM

Honestly?

You think NE was bad? Andre Johnson will DESTROY that secondary. It's possible he could have 250plus yards himself...

Houston can run the ball better than NE. They also have a better O-Line.

I think their defense is better than the PATS. They can put up a withering pass rush. Since we can't run, that's trouble..

They also have much better kick returners than NE...

It's a different match up than the Patriots, but it's another TERRIBLE one.

This could be much worse than what just happened. At least we were in that game because NE couldn't stop us either....We just got out gunned.

This could be a 48-7 type of beating.

I don't see us being in the running for a win until Cleveland the following week..

Date: September 14, 2011 06:45AM

You make it sound like the Texans are a significantly better team than the Pats. REALLY? Is that what you REALLY think???

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:46AM

Matt Schaub is not Tom Brady. Andre Johnson is a great WR, but he's one guy.

There's no way the Dolphins defense will be worse -- because that's just not possible.

Date: September 14, 2011 06:48AM

Just a note, except for that long TD by Welker, the NE WRs weren't the ones that really killed us. It was their RBs and TEs.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 07:11AM

montequi great point. The RBs and TEs killed us because they are MULTIPLE. they can line up that personnel and run or pass equally effectively. It is a matchup nightmare that I dont think even the knowledgeable fan can truly appreciate. there is a reason they keep those same RBs when it seems like they could get a stud in round one of the draft every year. It is because they are very effective pass catchers, very smart, good at pass pro, and are adequate runners. they can trot out two TE's, two WR's, and a RB, and they could literally call any play. spread you out or go two tight end power set.

anyways, i would venture to say that no one in the league is comfortable with the patriots personnel and how they effectively use it. the texans absolutely do not have this advantage. they are much more conventional and can be stopped. schaub is not brady. andre can be covered much easier than NE's RBs and TEs. their running game will be the concern and this will be a close game. your never as bad as you think you are and miami is not that bad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 07:12AM by dolphin1423.

Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: September 14, 2011 08:19AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You make it sound like the Texans are a
> significantly better team than the Pats. REALLY?
> Is that what you REALLY think???

In some areas I think they are.

They have a better running game, better o-line, better pash rush, much better return game....

So, considering we had zero pressure on the Pats who played most of the game with a back up center...

Considering we never got tested agaisnt a strong running game...which will open up Andre Johnson for DESTRUCTION.

Did you see what they Texans did the Colts O-line? That will be Miami on Sunday. Much better rush than NE.

Kickoff and Punt returns for TD's are a strong possiblity as the Texans are excellent at returns...

Houstons sceondary isn't great, so if we can block, we can move the ball some...

SO, yeah....we're 0-2 going into Cleveland. That's a much better chance for a win...

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 09:21AM

If we lose to the texans I'm for throwing the season.

Date: September 14, 2011 09:23AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> If we lose to the texans I'm for throwing the
> season.

Sure! Then you can just sit back and root for the Pats the rest of the year.

Date: September 14, 2011 09:25AM

montequi Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If we lose to the texans I'm for throwing the
> > season.
>
> Sure! Then you can just sit back and root for the
> Pats the rest of the year.

Let's face it we all know who the SB teams will be

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 14, 2011 09:40AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> If we lose to the texans I'm for throwing the
> season.

Wow, you're lasting one game longer than usual.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 14, 2011 10:05AM

Wow--what a lot of gloom and doom already.

The Texans are a good team, not a great team. It should be a competitive game and we have a decent chance of winning.

It's way too early to fold up the tent, pack the banners, burgers, dowse the fire, and remove our Dolphin jerseys.

Let's give the players some encouragement--it doesn't cost any more than negative thoughts and comments.

If WE win on Sunday, even if blacked out (I hope not), most of us will be thrilled about our victory.

Go Dolphins! smileys with beer

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 11:25AM

montequi Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> -----
> > If we lose to the texans I'm for throwing the
> > season.
>
> Sure! Then you can just sit back and root for the
> Pats the rest of the year.

He's been rooting for the pats before we played the pats. TROLL.

Posted by: Deigol090 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:09PM

We will not lose. Texans are soft.

Grow a pair of balls will you fans. Our defense just got embarassed on national TV.

I feel sorry for Texans well because damn I feel sorry for them the Colts suck hard without Manning, and Texans suck hard without Foster and Walter.

Phins win BIG AND EASY 34-17. Welcome back Will Allen.eye popping smiley

Date: September 14, 2011 01:56PM

They better win, we can't fall to 0-2 this early, the jets, even the bills look much improved. This is such a hard division.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 02:20PM

I think we will beat HOU.
--our D cannot play that bad again
--our O can move the ball and HOU's defense isn't as good as NE
--I think we come out fired up, focused after the mon nite embarassment
--we gotta beat the Texans sometime

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 14, 2011 02:32PM

JJ watt is a monster from what I hear.

Last week just seemed like one of those games that nothing could go right for the defense. Players played well below their ability. I've never seen so many missed tackles. Their was some bad coaching by Nolan too. You don't blitz Brady....especially on the goal line with a one on one matchup btw Sapp and Welker.

Defense will be back to normal IMO. I still can't figure how NE shut down or D line.

35 to 24 Miami win.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 14, 2011 04:39PM

Fleetlord Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> -----
> > You make it sound like the Texans are a
> > significantly better team than the Pats.
> REALLY?
> > Is that what you REALLY think???
>
>
> In some areas I think they are.

Fleetlord, what State do you live in and how can I get a Medical Mary Jane card?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 04:49PM

they got better RBs and better WRs. it is a fact that the texans are better in some areas than NE

Date: September 14, 2011 04:59PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> they got better RBs and better WRs. it is a fact
> that the texans are better in some areas than NE

By the same "toke"n, we're better then the Pats in some areas also. Does that mean anything?

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:37PM

The Texans have a very good offense, but it is much more traditional than the Pats. The biggest problem with facing the Pats is that they can run their offense from one personnel package the entire game. They use "12" personnel (1 RB, 2 TE) almost exclusively. But, if you come out overplaying the pass, they'll line up Gronkowski and Hernandez at the line, and use a 2 TE power running attack. If you try to play your base defense, they'll split everyone out wide into a 5 WR look, and you have huge matchup problems all over the field. It's really a brilliant scheme, and you have to give Belichick credit. With the size of Gronkowski and the speed of Hernandez, they have these 2 TEs that they can use in a variety of ways, and give the defense very different looks from play to play. And they give nothing away in terms of shuffling personnel in and out of the game. If you can't match up with their TEs and Welker, you are in a lot of trouble.

At least playing the Texans, they are talented on offense, but they don't present the same problems the Patriots do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.