Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The O impressed me but gotta do a better job in short goalline situations....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The O impressed me but gotta do a better job in short goalline situations....
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:32PM

The O looked much improved but we should have tied the game at 21 with first and goal inside the 5....and then that lousy 4th and very short late in the game...Had we scored those 11 points and the D showed....hell 90% of all QBs could have looked good against our D tonight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The O impressed me but gotta do a better job in short goalline situations....
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:33PM

I liked what I saw from Reggie Bush but they need to utilize him better. Those runs up the middle into a stacked line aren't going to do much.

Re: The O impressed me but gotta do a better job in short goalline situations....
Date: September 12, 2011 06:37PM

I know..a 190 pound back is meant for outside bursts and not to be pounded in tight formations.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:45PM

I said it in the game thread and got bashed but I'll say it here. It was a HUGE mistake to keep Hilliard instead of polite.

7 plays on the goal line. 2 runs for negative yards (not including the qb draw). It going to be a lonnnng season if we don't find a short yardage back. Lex Hilliard ain't it!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:56PM

Polite wouldn't have done any better.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:59PM

Guess we'll never know that. But I do know that they better figure SOMETHING out cause again....Hilliard won't cut it.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 12, 2011 07:03PM

We need to get SOME push for the O-Line, but just as has been the last few years, the interior of our line sucks. Refrigerator Perry couldn't have gotten a TD behind that line.

Date: September 12, 2011 07:20PM

We should have done a QB sneak or two in spread formation....tight formations stink!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 12, 2011 07:34PM

The O was streaky and inconsistent against a very mediocre D.

Our OL play was poor. No legit running game. Some rather weird play calls and audibles.

Not enough Bess.

Too many points left on the field.

One great opening drive and then…inconsistent and marginal most of the way. Obviously not enough to keep Brady off the field. And not enough points to keep up.

But yea, the O looked better than last year. More aggressive for sure. But the lack of a legit running game hurt us (time of possession and O balance). This team isn’t built to win track meets like tonight.

Date: September 12, 2011 07:36PM

No it isn't...and if we dont find an answer we wont be doing much winning at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.