HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL Sunday Ticket
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
NFL Sunday Ticket
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 06, 2011 10:15AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Sunday Ticket
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 06, 2011 10:29AM

Nice negotiating work! You should start a website and a service, pay me 50 bucks and I will save you 175 on your NFL ticket package... We could make millions...lol... seriously, good work, it is nice when you stand up for your beleifs and actually get rewarded for it immedaitlet like that...smileys with beer... Seriously i will give you my account number you can do the same for me...lol just kidding

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 06, 2011 10:31AM

A buddy if mine did this very same thing and got it for free this year, I'm calling Monday.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 06, 2011 10:37AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 06, 2011 11:19AM

good to know. i was just on with dtv tech support b/c my picture constantly acts up. only have dtv b/c they have a sunday ticket monopoly. If I can get 50% off I will give them a call ASAP

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 06, 2011 11:28AM

Even at half price they are still making serious money. I get the Sunday ticket through a Mexican satellite service called Sky Satellite the price is 130.00
Direct TV is definitely getting greedy.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 06, 2011 11:38AM

I don't pay a penny.

I'm a pirate. Argh!

PM me if you want a website where you can stream the games for free.

Posted by: Blastfire ()
Date: August 06, 2011 01:17PM

Buddy of mine just called and complained, trying to get a discount. They only offered him a $10/mo discount if he signed up for automatic BillPay. :/

I told him to call again in a day or two and sound more angry, quickly threaten to terminate service, etc. We'll see how it goes...

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 06, 2011 02:15PM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 06, 2011 02:16PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 12:03PM by Panteraize.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: August 07, 2011 01:55PM

I got them down to 6 payments of $42. My cellphone was low on charge, so I had to make it quick. They also threw in free NFL mobile

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 07, 2011 05:10PM

Never talk to the normal customer service people.

Always ask for the "retention department". They are the ultimate people who handle your monthly bill.

I just recently got Directv for free for the entire summer (dont pay bill from May-September), they also cut my monthy bill from $90 to $45 a month and terminated my contract, so I only pay month to month.

So, since they hooked me up with that, I am a little weary of calling them and getting them to hook me up with the Sunday Ticket.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 07, 2011 05:17PM

I've been "blessed" by my neighbor's lofty trees blocking any possible reception, so I've never been tempted by any discount by DirecTV.

I just wish they'd do cable pay per view already.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 08, 2011 07:18AM

300 Bucks for sunday ticket...>WTF....

Thats why companies and banks go bankrupt....They are too phucking greedy.

One of my credit cards went up like 12 percent on interest.....I owe like 7 grand on this credit card....

Thats the reason people stop paying shit....

Isnt it better i keep paying my credit card at the current rate instead of me just quit paying the whole thing? Greedy bastards.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: August 08, 2011 01:32PM

On the phone with the DTV guy right now. He just knocked off $141.00 because I told him it was just unaffordable. Also threw in the To Go package ($60.00 value:for mobil devices) for free.
Out the door: $193.94. I took it. GO PHINS!!!

Date: August 08, 2011 03:16PM

they knocked $120 off the price. first person said there was nothing they could do, then when I threatened to cancel my entire DTV subscription, there transfered me to the NFL promotion dept and gave me the discount.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 08, 2011 03:48PM

You guys are gonna make me call!!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 09, 2011 09:27AM

Date: August 09, 2011 09:45AM

I don't know CB. The first person I talked to was a woman who wouldn't budge. When I threatened to cancel she transferred me to a second woman, who gave me the discount. Sometimes you got to sweet talk the ladies....

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: August 09, 2011 10:50AM

I got it for free, I have been a DTV customer from day one when they went on the air, and have had the Sunday Ticket Since it was available. I told them I wanted to cancel my whole DTV package I pay like 250.00 a month for my service... Said I would Just have my wife sign up as a new customer and get the Sunday ticket free, they gave in and I got it free... I own my own equipment so I have no ties...

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 09, 2011 11:15AM

SouthFlPhinFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I pay like 250.00 a month for my service...

My God, is that really what DirecTv costs? or was that a typo (I hope?)

Date: August 09, 2011 11:19AM

full price is something like $330 for the year---gotta be a typo

Date: August 09, 2011 12:57PM

Not a typo, I pay that much.... Thats with MLB payments still in there, thank god its the last one... but will still be over 200 bucks.. I keep saying it is time to dump DTV especially in FL. during the Rainy season I loose TV daily, may be only few min but still a pain... But If you want NBA NFL and MLB not any choice... I still don't get why I need the NFL Sunday Ticket, I go to every Phins Home Game and they are my local team so they are on local chan... But I can't resist I guess... Time for me to wake up and dump DTV....

Date: August 09, 2011 03:26PM

Hey, that's pretty cool,South. I didn't consider it that way. I had just called up to cancel the Sunday Ticket. I did not threaten to cancel the whole shooting match.

I bet I would have had more leverage like you. Of course, I think that there are the DirecTV people, who I spoke to first, and then the Sunday Ticket people, who they give you to secondly.

But I bet you have to threaten to cancel the whole thing from the start in order to get them to be crapping bricks.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 11, 2011 06:27PM

Usually I have good luck but customer retention said they didn't have any promo packages. usually I get a call a month later with some package

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 12, 2011 09:37AM

Just got a $175 discount with 6 months of free Starz, you fools need to call and get the hook up! 125 total for the year.

Date: August 12, 2011 02:33PM

Damn! What did you say?

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:44PM

Dolphaholic how did you get this?

Can you cancel and open up a new account at the same address?

Date: August 12, 2011 03:04PM

They also give it free if you move.... They give it to every one free except there loyal customers... A friend of mine called me, she never had Sunday ticket before but has had DTV for about 4 years and DTV called her and offered her Sunday Ticket Free... She asked what the catch was, they told her none, just said it would renew next year unless she cancels... They do not play fair, some get discounts some get discounts and extra channels others get to pay full price... Time for us all to protest and drop DTV....

Date: August 12, 2011 03:10PM

Dolph, I betcha it was a man that you talked to and not a woman.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.