HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          No love for Miami
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
No love for Miami
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 22, 2011 04:43AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No love for Miami
Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 22, 2011 05:03AM

EXACTLY!!

We were underdogs in Super Bowl 7 despite being undefeated the entire damn year! Let's have another one of those years.
smileys with beer

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 06:20AM

they predict 3 and 4 wins. that is just stupid. we win 6-7 just on D alone, and the O has improved since last season.
mike greenberg is a little twerpy jets fan loser.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 22, 2011 06:42AM

I think their core assertion is reasonable – Henne and Sparano are both going to feel the pressure to “put up or shut up” this season. If the wheels start to come off early we could be in for a titanic implosion.

IMO the first game of the season will tell 90% of the story. Right out of the gate this season’s destiny will be pretty obvious. Another point – the polls around the country tend to be pretty accurate indicators – and this team’s lack of respect is rather telling…Sure they could be wrong, but the odds are really solid they’re not.

Miami is at best a 500 team in most eyes.

And berk, no one wins 6 or 7 games on D alone in this league. Not the way the game is played now.

BNF.

Posted by: CanalByJoeRobbie ()
Date: August 22, 2011 07:20AM

Ok I understand QB is a question but 3 and 4 wins is stupid,we a cellar type team?..last yr with horrible QB play went 8-8(i count the debauchery v Pit. as win lol). Fat Mike didnt know we were 6th in Def. till Carter told him he just reading what they tell him. We got a tuff schedule but we can get 8 wins

Posted by: estrella69phinfan ()
Date: August 22, 2011 08:09AM

I think we are going to be just fina people. Do not by any meaning of the word, panic. I think this team is very capable of winning at least 10 games this year.

11-5 is my prediction.

Mike&Mike predictions for us....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:06AM

This morning was Mike & Mike's two-a-day with the Miami Dolphins. Here are their predictions for us this year:

Greenberg: 3-13
Golic: 4-12
Liam's Mom: 11-5

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Re: Mike&Mike predictions for us....
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:13AM

Yeah I heard that crap this morning... SO somehow we went backwards this year after (2) 7-9 years... I just dont buy it... Vegas has us between 7.5 and 8.... I would take the over at that... They are both delusional Mike and Mike... I dont see the Jets beating us once this year, and i think we will split with the Patriots...I bet if you called either Mike, neither one of them would take a bet on those Miami predictions, if so, I would bet my entire savings, house and livelyhood, they are wrong...

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:40AM

Mike Greenburg knows as much about sports as I know about being a metro sexual, and I'll interpret his assanign statments about the dolphins as pure fantasy and his man love crush on soon to be boyfriend Mark sanchez. As for Golic he just goes along to make the show more interesting because he can't be that stupid. He played for the dolphins, and at least understand 4-12 means you quite frankly suck real bad, and we don't. So I don't listen to their show because they are both garbage wrapped in shit left in the boiling sun. Who cares what they say Greenburg is just happy that he can now marry Sanchez in the state where they both reside.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:41AM

What do they know? They are commentators. All they do is talk crap.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:58AM

Yeah, but it proves how much respect (or lack thereof, should I say) the sports nation is giving us.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 11:15AM

Mike and Mike are buffoons. The defense this year should by all accounts be better. Kevin Burnett appears to be a huge upgrade over Crowder. Burnett is very active and always seems to be around the ball. Most of the time, the only way I knew Crowder was in the line-up was the occasional 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalties he was typically good for each game. Plus, Burnett should make Dansby even better than last year by freeing him up to rush the QB instead of covering up Crowder's deficiencies. Odrick and Edds are back from injury and should be solid contributors. Solai came in to camp in the best condition since being drafted. Nolan has another year to install his system which made a world of difference in just one year.

Offensively, Moron and Moron's main criticism is QB. In reality, We're no worse at QB than we were last year, plus we have better weapons. I loved Ricky and Ronnie, but neither were game breakers at this stage of their careers. Reggie Bush (if he stays healthy) is a big play waiting to happen. His contributions alone should be worth a couple extra wins to the team. Marshall, love him or not, can take over a game if motivated. Clyde Gates will demand safety attention because of something we haven't had since Ginn, speed (and hopefully, Gates can catch the ball to go along with his speed). Honestly, as little faith as I have in Chad, I can think of a lot of teams that are no better off, or worse than the Fins. Washington? Beck and Grossman? Shoot, the jets have Sanchez (whose stats aren't any more favorable than Henne) with Mark Brunell backing him up. My God, Brunell must be 50 years old. I think his rookie year they were still using leather helmets. Cincinnati has Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer's little brother. Seattle with Tavaris Jackson? SF starting Alex Smith? I doubt defensive coordinators are going to lose sleep over that collection of juggernauts. Oh, and Greenie... aren't the Dolphins 4 out of the last 5 against your jets?

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 12:27PM

I quite frankly cannot understand how anyone listens to that show it is complete garbage.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 01:20PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, but it proves how much respect (or lack
> thereof, should I say) the sports nation is giving
> us.

2 things, one , I dont put much into this big respect given to teams either way before they have done something in the NFL. I think it is probably more a burden then a curse. The Jets and dirty sanchez have to earn this false respect they want or think they deserve. over the last 3 years they have a losing record to us. Second things, I am beginning to think PF2 enjoys merging your threads, just to ribb you...lol

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 22, 2011 02:28PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:

> IMO the first game of the season will tell 90% of
> the story. Right out of the gate this season’s
> destiny will be pretty obvious.

I made this same mistake at the beginning of the '08 season, thinking the exact same thing after the first two games that we played atrocious in..... and then we went 11-5.

We have a lot of changes coming into this season (new OC, new offense, jumbled O-line, new players). It is possible that we could come out of the gate struggling a little before everything settles down a bit and comes together. It's happened before.

Posted by: CanalByJoeRobbie ()
Date: August 23, 2011 02:27PM

I dont agree thats the national view...most look at us a middle of the pack team 7-9 wins. Thats jus a BS opinion of a butt crack Jets fan(greeny) and someone you can bribe into saying anything for free taco sauce(fat mike).lol I know we better than 3 wins

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 23, 2011 08:32PM

If we went 7-9 last year with Henne and a worst offensive line, no Reggie Bush and probably not as good a Defense and MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL, running the damn wildcat, I see no reason why we cannot improve on that record this year which should put us in the playoffs.

more dolphins disrespect
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 23, 2011 07:55PM

I am tired of all the media and some fans, which includes a few on this site, giving the doom and gloom. From the mike and mike bs to the espn site giving miami no love. also, espn doesnt even have a full time blogger anymore for the AFC East blog. although im not sad to see that biased chump Graham gone. The final straw for me was reading walterfootball.com and seeing a 2-14 prediction resulting in the #1 pick. Normally i wouldnt bother posting about that idiot but that is a ridiculous prediction and that guy is a total chump if he thinks that. its just so annoying. . . sorry to rant but did anyone else see it.

Re: more dolphins disrespect
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 23, 2011 08:01PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 24, 2011 02:19AM

Good! No respect will mean we'll do even BETTER!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 24, 2011 03:27AM

montequi Wrote:
> Good! No respect will mean we'll do even BETTER!!

Right. "no respect" = less pressure, more motivation.

Just remember, by continuing to read these idiots' columns and blogs, watch them on tv, listen to them on the radio, YOU are supporting and reinforcing this "disrespect" that I hear so many complaints about.

I used to listen to syndicated sports talk on my way in to work. Now, I don't. And I don't have to hear this particular type of BS anymore. Shutting it off worked like a charm.

The expression "vote with your feet" certainly applies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.