HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Yahoo Sports at it again...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Yahoo Sports at it again...
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 04:53PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yahoo Sports at it again...
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 16, 2011 06:08PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 06:40PM

I am a huge um fan. and I am afraid this is the beginning of the end for the football team. we are screwed. doesn't even bear thinking about

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 06:22AM

I am a local, and friend with friends of the program from Miami to Gainesville to Tallahasee... I think this type of thing has gone on for a long time. Newsflash, broke athletes in college are always looking for ways to make money, especially if it is easy. No most coaches are far from it and dont like it but dont get in the way of what is considered a neccesary evil.... I hope Miami coaches were not part of it that would be the elephant in the room, maybe to much for the program to withstand..
How many players on teams across the NCAA football and basketball landscope, say no, when someone posing as a friend on the downlow is being a flagrant idiot as in Shapiro and showering them with lavish gifts... My guess is somehere between 25-40 percent of athletes in the NFL have recieved some type of improper benefits before they were suppose to from a friend, boosters or friends of agents or agents themselves. I feel bad for Miami, getting crunched but if they lay down with dogs they gonna get flees, and Shapiro, sounds like a real scumbag...

Hypothetically of course, I have personally witnessed start athletes who are in the pros, some possible HOF guys receive what I defintely perceived as improper benefits, and they never got in any trouble for it. But I have never seen anything as flagrant as what shapiro claims. I have seen more stuff that has plausible deniability, gambling but not having to pay the debts, borrowing student friends cars, having extra room for athletes to crash at rich students pads but not student athletes, etc... Lots of collegiant stat athletes fall into being spoiled around their campuses and sometimes it goes to far, but trust me people can rationalize or justify just about anything, especially when you only have 5 dollars in your pocket...
The NCAA has problems everywhere, and I dont agree that giving the kids a stipend is neccasarily going to make it go away, probably just easier to hide... Not sure, what the answer is for this problem

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.