HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Soliai's contract?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Soliai's contract?
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 02, 2011 04:03PM

Did I miss something and we already took care of this, or is he really gonna carry a cap hit of around 12 Mill all year? I would of thought freeing that money up would of been one of the first orders of business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Soliai's contract?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 02, 2011 04:17PM

Well, he showed up at camp in shape and is playing like a monster. He's doing his part to make it difficult for us to renegotiate his contract. There's a chance he may actually be worth his contract! I'd have no problem with that.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 02, 2011 05:29PM

According to Armando, the Fins have not even contacted his agent yet. With all of the other priorities, maybe renegotiating his deal to save a couple million just isn't worth the time right now.

There likely is not a real big savings to be had here. Soliai's agent is said to be looking for $10M per season.

If Soliai has a great year, there is no reason that he won't be able to top Vince Wilfork's 5 year, $40M contract. On the high end is the crazy Haynesworth 7 year, $100M contract. So, with a great year, you are probably looking at 5 years, and $50M.

Maybe the Fins want to see him dominate two years in a row. Maybe Soliai wants to dominate 2 years in a row to really cash in. So, there may not even be any great desire from either side to do a new deal. Maybe.

It may be likely that they take care of their other business now, and that in October/November, if Soliai is dominating, they do a new deal, and free up cash to extend Lanfgord, too.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:07AM

Soliai is worth what ever they pay him he was the main reason we were so good against the run last year and this year together with odrick wed be even better...

Soliai is not a scrub and deserves to get paid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 08:08AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 03, 2011 01:50PM

Wilfork went to how many PBs?

I ready they are taking it step by step. He showed up in good shape....step one. Shows ability again...step two. Gets long term contract...step three. Not many chances to see him on field yet.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 04, 2011 04:42AM

to me this is really dumb. there is an easy way to make cap space and that is to extend solai. how much "proof" do we need he is a good player? he lit it up at the end of last season and is in shape and playing great in camp. we sign high priced FAs before they play even 1 snap for this team. if we wait too long he will just test the market next year and we could lose him or have to franchise him again. redo the deal already. another case of the FO "outsmarting" themselves again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.